Sign in to follow this  
Kintamayama

Preparations of the masses- Kyushu 2023

Daieishou is preparing for his Ozeki assailing. Today he faced Tobizaru, Endou and others and was  12-4. Just before last basho he had a rib injury and was not 100%. "At this point I want to enter the basho in top shape!' he declared.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Tobizaru, two days ago, faced Daieishou, Endou, Tsurugishou and Daiamami and was 4-10. "I'm not ready yet. My aim is kachikoshi," he said later. Occasional sanyaku stints with no kachikoshi there yet. That is the goal. "The sanyaku guys are strong.." he reiterated.

Edited by Kintamayama
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Hokutofuji went to Michinoku beya for degeiko yesterday, facing Kirishima 4 times, 1-3. "I'm not thinking of the win/loss thing, I just want to do stubborn, relentless sumo," he said.

Kitanowaka was also there and did surprisingly well against Kirishima, 3-6. "I don't get these opportunities very often.. I was totally overwhelmed in every aspect, " he said humbly.
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Ura faced new Makuuchi Touhakuryuu and others for nine matches yesterday. "I'm at this rank for the second time so it's not like I broke any personal record.. I'm not thinking of that (sanyaku?). I've had too many bouts where I didn't match up to the joi guys. That has gotta change. I like Kyushu. I feel it's easy to pass the timer here," he said.

Edited by Kintamayama
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Kotonowaka and his heya hosted the Nishonoseki rengo-keiko today. He had 15 bouts going 11-4, facing  Gounoyama, Shounannoumi, Ouhou, Ichiyamamoto, Takanoshou, and Ounoshou. Towards the end of the session his old knee injury was acting up and he lost three straight bouts to Ounoshou. "I had 15 straight bouts with a lot of people and the content varied.. I need to polish my forward moving sumo. I was a bit nervous. So many Oyakata giving me advice, and causing me to want to put what they taught me into practice. Yes, it didn't end well with those three consecutive losses, but the worst thing is to get injured and miss the basho. I know I didn't do much forward moving sumo but I did manage to resist at the edge and do all kinds of stuff," he said. No makekoshi at Sanyaku this year. "The fact that I managed to do things properly in Sanyaku is huge, but this should go without saying by now," he said. "My goals? Of course, when I enter I aim for the yusho. Even with that in mind I sometimes can't win, but I need to think that regardless, there is always a chance," he summed.

Edited by Kintamayama
  • Thanks 4

Shoudai is getting ready for the new basho, which is a hometown basho. "This basho is always the one I'm aware of.. I'd like to turn the support I get into power, and face the new year ranked at Sanyaku.," he said. He faced degeiko-ing Nishikigi and others for 13 bouts yesterday and was showing good footwork  Nishikigi, going 5-10 at Komusubi last basho: "I was weak is all..From here on, avoiding injuries, I will be aiming for kachikoshi," he summed.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Gounoyama, who belongs to the Dewanoumi Ichimon, went to train at the the Nishonoseki Ichimon aligned training session (rengo keiko), regardless. "I told my Oyakata that I wished to go for degeiko, and was told it was a good idea to go to the rengo keiko. It was good to be able to face many sekitori," he said. "I want to face my opponents not feeling like a challenger but feeling I will properly win"" declared the Maegashira 4 hope.

Yesterday he was 5-8 against Kotonowaka and others. 

Edited by Kintamayama
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Daieishou went to Tokitsukaze beya today and faced Kirishima and Wakamotoharu. 24 bouts. He is on an Ozeki run this basho, getting kachikoshi in every basho so far this year and is leading the pack with number of wins for 2023. His ups and downs seem to be over and he seems stable. "I am having less consecutive losses. I am piling up the wins day by day," he announced.

Wakamotoharu had 23 bouts in the same session. He has had back to back 9 win bashos. "I most certainly need to win in double digits. I don't want to cling to this rank- I want to climb one step further.." he uttered.

Edited by Kintamayama
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Arashio-oyakata declared today that Wakatakakage will be starting at the basho, after 3 basho kyujo o - he'll need the makushita yusho to return to sekitori

preparing

231108sport001.jpg o

• Like 3

51 minutes ago, Akinomaki said:

Arashio-oyakata declared today that Wakatakakage will be starting at the basho, after 3 basho kyujo o - he'll need the makushita yusho to return to sekitori

preparing

231108sport001.jpg o

Makes me very nervous, but fingers crossed he's able to gambarize properly. 

Abi was kyujo at the jungyo with an injured right elbow. The pain in the elbow was chronic and right after the Aki basho he had surgery. He didn't take part in the Nishonoseki-ichimon rengo geiko and concentrated on rehabilitation - and just managed to be ready for the basho. His goal sice the yusho is ozeki and he wants to start his run for it. http://www.chunichi.co.jp/article/805355

• Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, Akinomaki said:

Abi was kyujo at the jungyo with an injured right elbow. The pain in the elbow was chronic and right after the Aki basho he had surgery. He didn't take part in the Nishonoseki-ichimon rengo geiko and concentrated on rehabilitation - and just managed to be ready for the basho. His goal sice the yusho is ozeki and he wants to start his run for it. http://www.chunichi.co.jp/article/805355

Seems like he's needed to get that elbow cleaned out about once a year recently...

1 hour ago, Reonito said:

Seems like he's needed to get that elbow cleaned out about once a year recently...

They should have installed a zipper instead of stitching it every time.

46 minutes ago, Bunbukuchagama said:

Bioengineers have some work to do before we get there.

13 hours ago, Bunbukuchagama said:

13 hours ago, Reonito said:

Bioengineers have some work to do before we get there.

Where is Bruno when you need him?