Sign in to follow this  
Athenayama

Superbanzuke statistics ?

How many players (and who) have won ALL the Superbanzuke games?
Which player has more yusho in one of these games?
Who has the more consecutive yusho in a game?
And so on.....

Are there any statistics about it we could access?
If not, please post here below those who know the answers? Also if there are any other interesting/fun statistics we'd be curious to know.

Thanks.

I don't have the answers, but I do have some (dated) leads if you are interested in pursuing the question further. Came across some interesting Randomitsuki threads while searching for the history of Game 21 (I'll post some insights after the basho). FYI Flohru is easily the most winning gamer in that game.

• Thanks 2

Thanks Yarimotsu. That said these stats are quite "old" and a long time passed since then (9 years). Maybe @Randomitsuki updated these records for himself but I wouldn't dare request him anything if he didn't as it's a huge amount of work.

Maybe the players themselves could post here below their best performances (I'm sure most of you keep records of your own performances in the games, I can't be the ONLY FREAK!). How many different superbanzuke games they've won, how many in a row, any other interesting stat they coul have.  Any records are welcome. Let's keep it to the Superbanzuke games.

I'm curious to know ! And I'm more curious to know who (if someone) won them all. 

And don't be modest. It's just stats. ;-)

Edited by Athenayama

Not sure if Rando updates his stats to this degree. He may well do.

I have won every game at least once. Qualifier: ISP (a lottery) was a co-yusho the one time I 'won' it back in the days before the tie-breaker. I imagine most of the veteran gamers have done the same.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Athenayama said:

(I'm sure most of you keep records of your own performances in the games, I can't be the ONLY FREAK!)

Well, I don't. B-)

Perhaps I'm too busy keeping stats for Bench Sumo and some other games that I simply can't be bothered to care for my own careers.

What is the oldest sumo game and who is technically the sumo games "og"?

I don't know if you remember but some time ago (end of 2020) I did this

Maybe it´s time to up date (Futeno...)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

well it sure seems like you could combine chishafuwaku's post above with randomitsuki's from 2014, reducing the amount of work massively.

• Thanks 1

Hi there,

I haven't updated yusho lists for a while, but started to do so today. I'll have to write a new macro to do more detailed statistics. 

Anyway, I can provide some tentative answers to some of the questions:

The oldest game on my list is Hoshitori Game which turned 29 years this basho. ISP might have predecessors in early Usenet discussions, but I could track the game (and yusho winners) back to Nagoya 1996.

As for players who won a game repeatedly, a visual inspection (error-prone!) revealed three instances of three-peats. Doitsuyama won Tippspiel three times in a row; Itachiyama won Bench Makuuchi three times in a row; and Pandaazuma had three consecutive yusho in Sekitori Oracle.

No player ever has won ten yusho in a single game. Asashosakari had his ninth GTB yusho in Aki 2019 but is yusho-less since then. Since Aki 2021 Andoreasu has nine Tippspiel yusho under his belt.

Here are the most frequent winners per game:

Hoshitori Game: Andoreasu, Choshu-yuski, Doitsuyama (4 times)

ISP: Jakusotsu, Kintamayama (4 times)

GISP (retired game): Kintaro (5 times)

GTB: Asashosakari (9 times)

UDH: Gonzaburow, Obana (6 times)

Bench Sumo: Flohru (7 times)

Norizo Cup: Choshu-yuki (7 times)

Paper Oyakata: Marihime (4 times)

Sumo Game: Norizo (8 times)

Tippspiel: Andoreasu (9 times)

Juryo Game: Itachi, Mariohana (4 times)

Sekitori-Toto: Andoreasu (8 times)

Sekitori-Oracle: Pandaazuma (6 times)

Odd Sumo: Choshu-yuki, Oskahanada (8 times)

Chaingang: Susanoo (6 times)

RotoSumo: Fujisan (7 times)

Fantasy Sumo (retired game): Doitsuyama, Pandaazuma, Sushiyama (3 times)

Sekitori-Quad: Norizo (6 times)

Salarycap Sumo: Fujisan (4 times)

Ozumo Bingo Game: Iepii (5 times)

Turn the Tide: Ganzohnesushi, Susanoo (4 times) 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 4

Under the link below you can find a PDF document listing all 670 players who ever won a yusho in a Superbanzuke game. For each player, all games are listed, total number of yusho, total number of yushoing games, first yusho and last yusho.

Norizo tops the list with 62 yusho, followed by Susanoo (57) and Andoreasu (54).

Pandaazuma is indeed the only player to win a yusho in all games (except for defunct GISP).

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1KAHilZlhIMLVJsfEHbUmttn6NqL3GKs1/view?usp=drive_link

Edited by Randomitsuki
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 5