Jejima

Bench Women's World Cup 2023

On 15/07/2023 at 15:18, Athenayama said:

Group H - Refioji Athenayama

@Bunbukuchagama, Kumanomusuko, Polimasa @Achiyama , Mr Froggy @Jejima .

Please send me your line ups in PM here on the forum. Deadline will be on July 19th at 08:00 PM UTC (Universal time). This will allow me to post them on the forum before I go to sleep.

Thanks and good luck!

Still waiting for Kumanomusuko's entry @Nekonishiki Banji Only few hours left !

after lengthy discussions within the family, all line-ups have been submitted. Try to explain the rules to a seven year old...
I hardly know the rules myself. anyway - Round 1 is fully prepared - let's go Nishiki-beya !!

The Bears (Kuma Koma and Kumanomusuko) promised to send the line-ups still before the deadline, I have no more info

• Thanks 1

Group B - Refioji Achiyama

Group E - Refioji Achiyama

I have received all line-ups! 

Good Luck everybody!

Achiyama

Edited by Achiyama

Hello, players, a new game begins soon. The deadline is over, no more changes.
The kick-off is in 13 hours. Are you already excited?

Let me introduce the players of my two groups, as well as the line-ups you are all waiting for.

(No visual yet, I still have technical problems with it)

One more note – I will be able to send the daily results on weekdays only around 5-6-7pm CEST, next week probably around 5-6pm, since the basho will be over until then.
At weekends of course I will have more time so the results will be posted earlier.

Group A – Refioji Nekonishiki - Round 1

Rhinoshima vs Krisachiyama

Rhinoshima

1. Germany 2. Canada 3. USA 4. Australia 5. Italy (C) 6. Argentina 7. New Zealand (R) 8. Portugal 9. Nigeria 10. Panama 11. Morocco

Krisachiyama

1. USA 2. Germany 3. France 4. Canada 5. Norway (R) 6. China (C) 7. Portugal 8. Colombia 9. Nigeria 10. Costa Rica 11. Philippines

Comment: Not very familiar with Women football, so I need a lot of Luck!

Jakusotsu vs Kaba

Jakusotsu

1. USA (C) 2. Spain 3. France 4. Norway 5. Netherlands 6. Colombia 7. China 8. Zambia 9. Nigeria 10. Portugal 11. Philippines (R)

Comment: Do I really know what I'm doing? Of course not!

Kaba

1. Switzerland (R) 2. England 3. Germany 4. France 5. Japan 6. Denmark (C) 7. Portugal 8. Colombia 9. Nigeria 10. South Africa 11. Philippines

Comment: ::-) or (Felix) or (Happy)

Refioji comment: What a coincidence, all players have Nigeria in Slot #9.

Group F – Refioji Nekonishiki - Round 1

Lordshamrockyama vs Fujiko

Lordshamrockyama

1. France (R) 2. England 3. Germany 4. Netherlands 5. Denmark 6. Switzerland 7. South Korea 8. Ireland 9. Morocco (C) 10. Nigeria 11. Vietnam

Comment: Allez la France !

Fujiko

1. England 2. Germany 3. Brazil (C) 4. France 5. Italy 6. New Zealand 7. Portugal 8. Argentina 9. Costa Rica 10. Philippines 11. Jamaica (R)

Comment: Good luck Filipinas!

Spytoneryu vs Jejima

Spytoneryu

1. Brazil (R) 2. USA 3. Sweden 4. Germany 5. Denmark 6. Switzerland 7. Colombia 8. Portugal 9. Costa Rica 10. Panama 11. Jamaica (C)

Jejima

1. England (C) 2. Germany 3. Switzerland 4. Japan 5. Sweden 6. South Korea 7. Norway 8. Ireland 9. Jamaica 10. Panama (R) 11. Zambia

Comment: Although I have Switzerland in third slot, we (my Filipina wife, and our two boys) will be getting up early (6 am) to cheer on the Filipinas before school!

Refioji comment: In this group all teams are in play.

Well, good luck, everybody, I wonder what results we’ll have. :-)

Got them all now. Need to drug-check tomorrow and will publish shortly befor kick-off.

Refioji Athenayama at your service.

We have 2 very talkative players in group G.... In fact their comments are so long that I prefer not to overload the post with more comments of mine.
So, good luck to all the players, youngsters, more experienced and "I-know-everything" AIs ! :-)

GROUP G line ups for round 1.

Finngall : 1. Sweden (R), 2. USA, 3. Germany, 4. Japan, 5. Norway, 6. Portugal, 7. New Zealand, 8. China, 9. Jamaica, 10. Vietnam, 11. South Africa (C).

Comment :
Comment, generated by ChatGPT in keeping with the theme of the group: 

Greetings, fellow champions of the realm!

As the sun rises over the majestic pitch of dreams, and the echoes of cheers fill the air, it is with great excitement and honor that I extend my hand to clasp yours in this epic tale of fantasy soccer. Our destinies intertwine as we embark on this thrilling journey, where our knowledge and strategic prowess shall be tested in the fires of competition.

In this enchanted realm of soccer magic, where the spirits of legendary players watch over us, let us not merely be competitors but comrades bound by our shared passion for the beautiful game. Together, we shall script a tale of epic proportions, filled with dazzling goals, breathtaking assists, and heroic saves.

As we tread this hallowed ground, may our teams be blessed by fortune, guided by wisdom, and inspired by the very essence of the sport we love. Let us revel in the camaraderie of fantasy soccer, where friendships blossom, and rivalries ignite a spark that fuels our determination to triumph.

With each passing match, we shall face adversaries, navigate through challenges, and rise to the occasion, for it is not just a game we play, but an odyssey of dedication and devotion to the sport's allure.

So, dear compatriot of the virtual pitch, I wish you luck and valor in abundance. May the thrill of the game propel us forward, and the spirit of fair play unite us as warriors of this fantastical soccer realm. Let our skills be sharp, our strategies cunning, and our spirits unyielding!

The journey awaits, and I eagerly anticipate the battle of wits and skill that lies ahead. Fare thee well, and let the games begin!

Bumbachiyama : 1. Brazil. 2. England, 3. China, 4. Sweden (C), 5. New Zealand, 6. Spain, 7. Italy, 8. Ireland, 9. South Africa (R), 10. Jamaica, 11. Philippines
Comment: Imagine Barbies play football?!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ChatGPT: 1. USA, 2. Germany, 3. Italy (R), 4. France, 5. Brazil, 6. China, 7. Nigeria, 8. Costa Rica 9. New Zealand (C), 10. Ireland, 11. Vietnam
Comment:
•             
USA vs Vietnam: The USA is likely to be heavily favored to win this match due to their dominant position in women's football.
•             
Germany vs Morocco: Germany is likely to be heavily favored to win based on their higher ranking and strong overall team.
•             
Italy vs Argentina: Italy might be predicted to win due to their higher ranking and past success in international competitions.
•             
France vs Jamaica: France may be expected to win this match based on their higher ranking and stronger overall team.
•             
Brazil vs Panama: Brazil may be expected to win this match based on their higher ranking and historical success in women's football.
•             
Denmark vs China: This match could be closely contested, with a slight advantage given to Denmark based on their higher ranking.
•             
Nigeria vs Canada: Canada may have the edge in this match based on their higher ranking and previous World Cup experience.
•             
Spain vs Costa Rica: Spain may be expected to come out on top due to their higher ranking and recent success in women's football.
•             
New Zealand vs Norway: Norway might be favored to win due to their higher ranking and past success in international competitions.
•             
Australia vs Republic of Ireland: Australia is likely to be considered the favorite due to their higher ranking and stronger overall team.

Chiyonosora : 1. France, 2. USA, 3. Spain, 4. Canada (C), 5. Denmark, 6. New Zealand, 7. Argentina (R), 8. Portugal, 9. Morocco, 10. Haiti, 11. Panama.
Comment: this is my first tournament ever.  I will win. I like football. Who is Jett Dschippity ?

EDIT : My apologies I switched the (R) and (C) teams for ChatGPT. Now all is correct.

Edited by Athenayama

Refioji Athenayama at your service.

More silent ones here. Does that mean they're more focused? Let's find out with this first round.
Good luck to all !

GROUP H line ups for round 1.

Kumanomusuko : 1. England, 2. Germany (R), 3. France, 4. Japan, 5. Portugal, 6. Italy, 7. Argentina, 8. South Korea, 9. Costa Rica (C), 10. Philippines, 11. Jamaica.

Polimasa : 1. USA, 2. China, 3. Canada, 4. France (C), 5. Spain, 6. Italy, 7. South Korea, 8. Ireland, 9. Morocco (R), 10. Jamaica, 11. Philippines
Comment: Let the best team win!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mr Froggy: 1. Colombia (R), 2. Ireland (C), 3. England, 4. Spain, 5. Australia, 6. Brazil, 7. Denmark, 8. Argentina, 9. Haiti, 10. South Africa, 11. Philippines
Comment: Frog in the mud is happier than the man, because it has no ambition to reach the stars. Mehmet Murat Ildan

Bunbukuchagama : 1. USA, 2. Germany, 3. Sweden, 4. Canada, 5. Norway, 6. Portugal (C), 7. South Korea (R), 8. China, 9. Costa Rica, .10. Vietnam, 11. Nigeria

Edited by Athenayama

2 screens this morning. One for Nagoya day 12 and one for the World Cup. My God, am I really going to watch female football (soccer) ?!

14 hours ago, Andonishiki said:

after lengthy discussions within the family, all line-ups have been submitted. Try to explain the rules to a seven year old...
I hardly know the rules myself. anyway - Round 1 is fully prepared - let's go Nishiki-beya !!

When is his birthday?

Kaba is 8th Feb, 2017 and Baku is 9th Nov, 2015.

Go the youngsters!

Group C - Round 1

Meletyoshi:  1. Spain ®, 2. USA, 3. France, 4. Canada, 5. Switzerland, 6. Norway, 7. Portugal, 8. South Korea, 9. Zambia, 10. Vietnam ©, 11. Jamaica
Comment: My brother brought me in to this. He lured me saying it would be a tennis fantasy game for Wimbledon. It was too late to withdraw when I found out what it actually is. I'll try to do better than him jus to get my revenge.
vs.
Ganzohnesushi:  1. USA, 2. France, 3. Switzerland, 4. Germany ©, 5. Netherlands, 6. Denmark, 7. Portugal, 8. Nigeria, 9. New Zealand, 10. Panama, 11. Costa Rica ®

Andonishiki:  1. Germany, 2. USA, 3. Australia ©, 4. Norway, 5. Japan, 6. China, 7. Ireland, 8. New Zealand, 9. Nigeria, 10. Vietnam, 11. Zambia ®
Comment: Good day my friends from down under. - Game on
vs.
aminoumi:  1. Japan ®, 2. USA, 3. Spain, 4. Australia, 5. Denmark, 6. Colombia, 7. China, 8. Zambia, 9. Nigeria ©, 10. Portugal, 11. Vietnam
Comment: my dad is toast. Nippon Gambareeee !

Group D - Round 1

Kuma Koma:  1. England ®, 2. Germany, 3. Canada, 4. Sweden, 5. Italy, 6. Portugal, 7. Argentina, 8. New Zealand, 9. Morocco, 10. Nigeria, 11. Panama ©
vs.
Tanetakahiro:  1. Germany, 2. Norway, 3. Australia, 4. England, 5. Netherlands ©, 6. New Zealand, 7. Argentina, 8. Portugal, 9. South Africa, 10. Panama, 11. Haiti ®
Comment: Let's have fun supporting the World Women Footbal!

Djodjoyoshi:  1. USA, 2. France, 3. Denmark ®, 4. Germany, 5. Netherlands, 6. Switzerland ©, 7. Portugal, 8. New Zealand, 9. Nigeria, 10. South Africa, 11. Philippines
vs.
Achiyama:  1. Brazil, 2. USA, 3. Germany, 4. Sweden, 5. Norway ©, 6. China ®, 7. Portugal, 8. New Zealand, 9. Nigeria, 10. South Africa, 11. Panama
Comment: Need a lot of Luck, but let's go!

Edited by Jakusotsu

2 dead and 6 wounded already at Auckland (NZ), even before the World Cup starts. Someone opened fire near a fanzone....

• Sad 1

Group B – Refioji Achiyama - Round 1

Pitinosato vs Nekonishiki

Pitinosato:

1. USA, 2. Spain, 3. Switzerland, 4. Australia (R), 5. Canada, 6. Italy, 7. South Korea, 8. Zambia (C), 9. Portugal, 10. Nigeria, 11. Panama.

Comment: Ready to Rumble! Nekonishiki - here I come! This could be a high scoring game.

Nekonishiki:

1. England, 2. Brazil, 3. Germany, 4. Australia, 5. Italy, 6. Ireland (R), 7. Colombia (C), 8. Argentina, 9. Nigeria, 10. Costa Rica, 11. Vietnam.

Comment: Jumping into the darkness. But I'm expecting some goals :)

Asapedroryu vs. Athenayama

Asapedroryu:

1. USA, 2. Germany, 3. Japan (C), 4. Australia, 5. Norway, 6. China, 7. Nigeria (R), 8. Portugal, 9.New Zealand,  10. Zambia, 11. Vietnam.

Comment: 

Athenayama:

1. Canada (R), 2. USA, 3. France, 4. Spain, 5. Norway, 6. Argentina (C), 7. Colombia, 8. Portugal, 9. Zambia, 10. Nigeria, 11. Panama.

Comment: Go Ladies, I'm counting youto perform better than I did for World Cup 22!

Group E – Refioji Achiyama - Round 1

KImyama vs Baku

Kimyama:

1. USA (R), 2. Germany, 3. Canada, 4. Sweden, 5. Norway, 6. Switzerland, 7. Portugal, 8. South Korea, 9. Jamaica, 10. Zambia, 11. Philippines (C).

Comment: 

Baku:

1. Norway, 2. Japan, 3. USA, 4. Spain (C), 5. Portugal, 6. France, 7. South Korea, 8. China, 9. Morocco, 10.Haiti, 11. Vietnam (R).

Comment: Pickle party!

Oyama vs Koorifuji

Oyama:

1. USA, 2. Australia, 3. Spain, 4. Netherlands (R), 5. China, 6. Denmark, 7. Portugal, 8. Colombia, 9. Panama, 10. Haiti (C), 11. Costa Rica.

Koorifuji:

1. Switzerland, 2. France, 3. Germany, 4. England, 5. Netherlands, 6. Norway, 7. South Korea (C), 8. Portugal (R), 9. Nigeria, 10. Costa Rica, 11. Vietnam.

Comment: 

GOOD LUCK, EVERYBODY!!!

Edited by Achiyama

And we are already over the first day. Last winter at this time we were still preparing for watching the matches. Did you today? I had the tv-set turned on and saw the matches a little, but I had to work, so I couldn’t pay much attention.

Well, the results were:

New Zealand 1 Norway 0
Australia 1 Ireland 0

Nothing much to see yet, but at least there are already visuals.
Teams playing tomorrow are in bold.

Group A – Refioji Nekonishiki - Round 1 – Day 1

Group_A_Round_1_1.jpg

Group F – Refioji Nekonishiki - Round 1 – Day 1

Group_F_Round_1_1.jpg

Group G Round 1 - Day 1 :

Bumbachiyama is already in position to score a goal at line 5 provided his chain isn't broken before that.

Finngall     Goal H Chain H   Goal A Chain A   Bumbachiyama  
1. Sweden ®   -     -       Brazil  
2. USA   -     -       England  
3. Germany   -     -       China  
4. Japan   -     -       Sweden ©  
5. Norway L -     -     W New Zealand  
6. Portugal   -     -       Spain  
7. New Zealand   -     -       Italy  
8. China   -     -     L Ireland  
9. Jamaica   -     -       South Africa ®  
10. Vietnam   -     -       Jamaica  
11. South Africa ©   -     -       Philippines  

Finngall                 Bumbachiyama  

Both players might profit from New Zealand's "upset"?  Too early to tell though.

ChatGPT     Goal H Chain H   Goal A Chain A   Chiyonosora  
1. USA   -     -       France  
2. Germany   -     -       USA  
3. Italy ®   -     -       Spain  
4. France   -     -       Canada ©  
5. Brazil   -     -       Denmark  
6. China   -     -     W New Zealand  
7. Nigeria   -     -       Argentina ®  
8. Costa Rica   -     -       Portugal  
9. New Zealand © W -     -       Morocco  
10. Ireland   -     -       Haiti  
11. Vietnam   -     -       Panama  

ChatGPT                 Chiyonosora  

Edited by Athenayama

Group H Round 1 - Day 1 :

Italy is removed from this duel as both players have them on the same line.
Polimasa could suffer from Ireland's loss but the game could be decided much earlier.

Kumanomusuko     Goal H Chain H   Goal A Chain A   Polimasa  
1. England   -     -       USA  
2. Germany®   -     -       China  
3. France   -     -       Canada  
4. Japan   -     -       France ©  
5. Portugal   -     -       Spain  
6. Italy   -     -       Italy  
7. Argentina   -     -       South Korea  
8. South Korea   -     -     L Ireland  
9. Costa Rica ©   -     -       Morocco ®  
10. Phillippines   -     -       Jamaica  
11. Jamaica   -     -       Phillippines  

Kumanomusuko                 Polimasa  

Mr Froggy already in very delicate position with Ireland's loss in line 2 . This was expected though. A Germany loss is the only way to remain alive. Unlikely, but if this happens, line 5 is all in favor of our amphibian friend.

Mr Froggy     Goal H Chain H   Goal A Chain A   Bunbukuchagama  
1. Colombia ®   -     -       USA  
2. Ireland © L -     -       Germany  
3. England   -     -       Sweden  
4. Spain   -     -       Canada  
5. Australia W -     -     L Norway  
6. Brazil   -     -       Portugal ©  
7. Denmark   -     -       South Korea ®  
8. Argentina   -     -       China  
9. Haiti   -     -       Costa Rica  
10. South Africa   -     -       Vietnam  
11. Phillippines   -     -       Nigeria  

Mr Froggy                 Bunbukuchagama  

3 hours ago, Athenayama said:

Mr Froggy already in very delicate position with Ireland's loss in line 2 . This was expected though. A Germany loss is the only way to remain alive. Unlikely, but if this happens, line 5 is all in favor of our amphibian friend.

USA *might* lose?

Anyway I said "in very delicate position" I didn't say "impossible". So I left a small chance but, honestly, USA losing to Vietnam? Come on... (oops, look what you make me write!)

Edited by Athenayama
  • Haha 1

Group B – Refioji Achiyama - Round 1

Pitinosato vs Nekonishiki

Pitinosato:

1. USA, 2. Spain, 3. Switzerland, 4. Australia (R) W, 5. Canada, 6. Italy, 7. South Korea, 8. Zambia (C), 9. Portugal, 10. Nigeria, 11. Panama.

Comment: Ready to Rumble! Nekonishiki - here I come! This could be a high scoring game.

Nekonishiki:

1. England, 2. Brazil, 3. Germany, 4. Australia W, 5. Italy, 6. Ireland (R) L, 7. Colombia (C), 8. Argentina, 9. Nigeria, 10. Costa Rica, 11. Vietnam.

Comment: Jumping into the darkness. But I'm expecting some goals :)

Asapedroryu vs. Athenayama

Asapedroryu:

1. USA, 2. Germany, 3. Japan (C), 4. Australia W, 5. Norway, 6. China, 7. Nigeria (R), 8. Portugal, 9.New Zealand W,  10. Zambia, 11. Vietnam.

Comment: 

Athenayama:

1. Canada (R), 2. USA, 3. France, 4. Spain, 5. Norway, 6. Argentina (C), 7. Colombia, 8. Portugal, 9. Zambia, 10. Nigeria, 11. Panama.

Comment: Go Ladies, I'm counting youto perform better than I did for World Cup 22!

Group E – Refioji Achiyama - Round 1

KImyama vs Baku

Kimyama:

1. USA (R), 2. Germany, 3. Canada, 4. Sweden, 5. Norway L, 6. Switzerland, 7. Portugal, 8. South Korea, 9. Jamaica, 10. Zambia, 11. Philippines (C).

Comment: 

Baku:

1. Norway L, 2. Japan, 3. USA, 4. Spain (C), 5. Portugal, 6. France, 7. South Korea, 8. China, 9. Morocco, 10.Haiti, 11. Vietnam (R).

Comment: Pickle party!

Oyama vs Koorifuji

Oyama:

1. USA, 2. Australia W, 3. Spain, 4. Netherlands (R), 5. China, 6. Denmark, 7. Portugal, 8. Colombia, 9. Panama, 10. Haiti (C), 11. Costa Rica.

Koorifuji:

1. Switzerland, 2. France, 3. Germany, 4. England, 5. Netherlands, 6. Norway L, 7. South Korea (C), 8. Portugal (R), 9. Nigeria, 10. Costa Rica, 11. Vietnam.

Comment: 

Edited by Achiyama

11 hours ago, Athenayama said:

Anyway I said "in very delicate position" I didn't say "impossible". So I left a small chance but, honestly, USA losing to Vietnam? Come on... (oops, look what you make me write!)

Quote....  A Germany loss is the only way to remain alive. ;-)

(Or a very big upset win by Vietnam!)

But yes, I agree, a USA win is pretty much nailed on - like Leicester City having no chance of winning the English Premier League in 2016!

Edited by Jejima

quick side note - if you're watching girls footie and you got REALLY bored (like me), why not improve your Jpanese skills. Use a very easy way and do it like Jpn kids do - check out the Youtube channel: Suisui Ondoku

native speaker is reading out texts (different level starting at primary one) and you can listen and read at the same time.

pause/repeat whenever u like