Jejima

Bench Women's World Cup 2023

Mr. Jejima, Sir, dear pal, would you mind switching back to a font size that is, you know, actually readable?

Would be much appreciated.

• Thanks 1

On 10/07/2023 at 19:19, Jejima said:

Everybody has entered! (One player entered twice - so I will take the most recent entry to be their vote.) I will do my very best to get the first round of allocation of representative teams done this evening. :-)

that was mine I think - one on vacation and one at rest (Mono-ii...)

On 10/07/2023 at 21:08, Jejima said:

Next up is one of the co-hosts. Australia will be contested by Pitinosato (1, 2 and 3) and my old school mate, Rhinoshima (4, 5 and 6) who lives in Australia and is married to an Australian. He is also Peter's godfather (Baku, not Pitinosato. Actually Rhinoshima's real name is Peter..... So three Peter's involved here!)

It's a...

3!

Peter gave his godfather Rhinoshima the team he wants.

Group B
Australia (Zambia) - Rhinoshima
Canada (Argentina)
Ireland (Colombia) - Nekonishiki
Nigeria (Japan)

A 3 should give me Australia !?!

Not the other Peter !?! (Order,order!)

Sorry I didn't read all this hundred posts before I wrote... :-S

Thanks for the correction !

Peter 

Time to pick your squads!

You must select your representative team and counter-balance team in your squad. So (for example), Jejima MUST select Panama (representative team) AND England (counter-balance team).

(If you don't, whatever team(s) you have selected in that bracket will be replaced with the correct teams - but please make things easier for me, by selecting the correct teams in the first place!)

Additionally, please select two substitutes (free choice) - from teams which are NOT already in your squad.  These will come into play during the knockout rounds.

Here are the groupings.  (The letter in brackets is the group that each is in during the group stages.):-
The groups are of different sizes (between 2 - 4).  This is because I have kept teams with similar betting odds in the same groupings.

Yokozuna
England (D)
USA (E)

Ozeki
Germany (H)
Spain (C)

Sekiwake
Australia (B)
France (F)
Sweden (G)

Komusubi
Brazil (F)
Canada (B)
Japan (C)
Netherlands (E)

Upper Joi-Jin
Denmark (D)
Italy (G)
Norway (A)

Lower Joi-Jin
Ireland (B)
Portugal (E)

Upper-Mid Makunouchi
Colombia (H)
New Zealand (A)
South Korea (H)

Mid-Mid Makunouchi
Argentina (G)
China (D)
Switzerland (A)

Lower-Mid Makunouchi
Haiti (D)
Jamaica (F)
Nigeria (B)

Lower Makunouchi
Costa Rica (C)
Morocco (H)
South Africa (G)
Zambia (C)

Really Low Makunouchi
Panama (F)
Philippines (A)
Vietnam (E)

Go here to pick your squad and substitutes for the Bench Women's World Cup 2023.
Remember...

a) You MUST pick your Representative team and Counter-balance teams in the relevant brackets. If you are unsure what they are, look at the tables on the previous page.

b) You get a free pick for your two substitutes. The first substitute will join your squad for the round of 16. The second substitute will join your squad for the Quarterfinals. Make sure that the two substitutes are different from the selections that you have made for your starting squad (and from each other!).

Please make your selections as soon as possible, certainly before Friday 14th 8pm (Japan time). 

5 hours ago, Andonishiki said:

omg, daughter and daddy in the same group....
this smells like Yaocho
remember Austria vs Germany 1-1 
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Disgrace_of_Gijón
(Nichtangriffspakt von Gijon) ???

You are completely wrong. Germany won this match 1-0 by a goal from Horst Hrubesch after 11 minutes.

Moreover, the Wikipedia summary is rubbish. Reinhold Hintermaier has never played for Germany, he is Austrian.

Ganzohnesushi 

Edited by Ganzohnesushi

7 hours ago, Ganzohnesushi said:

You are completely wrong. Germany won this match 1-0 by a goal from Horst Hrubesch after 11 minutes.

Moreover, the Wikipedia summary is rubbish. Reinhold Hintermaier has never played for Germany, he is Austrian.

Ganzohnesushi 

But it was a tremendous and terrible "yaocho" nevertheless as this was the only score (1-0) that would qualify both teams.  The last 15 minutes were a comedy (or a tragedy depends on how you see it).). Players making passes in their 30 meters, nobody pressing, all waiting for the regular time to end.....

Edited by Athenayama

6 minutes ago, Athenayama said:

But it was a tremendous and terrible "yaocho" nevertheless as this was the only score (1-0) that would qualify both teams.  The last 15 minutes were a comedy (or a tragedy depends on how you see it).). Players making passes in their 30 meters, nobody pressing, all waiting for the regular time to end.....

This match was the reason they decided to start last group games at the same time (which is the current standard). 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Athenayama said:

Agreed. But then again with this result Germany won the group. Why should they have played at full risk after taking the lead?

Only fun to watch in this match after the initial firework by Germany was Walter "Schoko" Schachner from Austria who obviously was not happy with the 0-1 defeat. He did his best to put some pressure on the German defenders but was completely left alone by his team mates.

Btw, Algeria screwed themselves as they lead already 3-0 (which would have guaranteed 1st or 2nd place in the group) vs. Chile at half-time when they conceded two goals by the South Americans in the 2nd half.

Ganzohnesushi

Just now, Ganzohnesushi said:

Btw, Algeria screwed themselves as they lead already 3-0 (which would have guaranteed 1st or 2nd place in the group) vs. Chile at half-time when they conceded two goals by the South Americans in the 2nd half.

Also true.
Still that doesn't change what happened in the last match which was not very glorious. ;-)

can we PUREEASE stick to the main topic of this thread, which is Reinhold Hintermaier and discuss his testosteron levels !!?

• Haha 1

Many thanks to the players who have entered their squads already. I will check them later today. Please enter as soon as possible, as there are still a couple of pre tournament administration things to do. :-)

This is the update regarding squads and substitutes submitted via the Survey Monkey.

A little key to how you have done....

(Showingoff...) = I have your squad - and it has been checked to be 100% okay!

(Sigh...) = I have your squad, but you made an error (either NOT selecting your (R) representative team or your (C) Counter-balance team - or both) - but easy for me to fix. 

(Eek...) = I have your squad, but at least one of your 2 substitutes is also a squad member - please redo your substitutes poll! 

(Bouncingofexcitement...) You have skipped one (or more) of the categories, so do not have a complete squad.

Group A
Refioji: Nekonishiki

New Zealand (Italy) - Rhinoshima 
(Showingoff...)
Norway (China) - Krisachiyama (Showingoff...)
Philippines (USA) - Jakusotsu (Sigh...)
Switzerland (Denmark) - Kaba (Showingoff...)

Group B
Refioji: Achiyama
Australia (Zambia) - Pitinosato 
(Showingoff...)
Canada (Argentina) - Athenayama (Showingoff...)
Ireland (Colombia) - Nekonishiki (Showingoff...)
Nigeria (Japan) - Asapedroryu

Group C
Refioji: Jakusotsu
Costa Rica (Germany) - Ganzohnesushi 

Japan (Nigeria) - aminoumi 
(Showingoff...)
Spain (Vietnam) - Meletyoshi (Showingoff...)
Zambia (Australia) - Andonishiki (Showingoff...)

Group D

China (Norway) - Achiyama 
(Showingoff...)
Denmark (Switzerland) - Djodjoyoshi (Showingoff...)
England (Panama) - Kuma Koma
Haiti (Netherlands) - Tanetakahiro 
(Showingoff...)

Group E

Netherlands (Haiti) - Oyama 
(Showingoff...)
Portugal (South Korea) - Koorifuu
USA (Philippines) - Kimyama 
(Showingoff...)
Vietnam (Spain) - Baku (Sigh...) (I know! My fault for not correcting him.)

Group F

Brazil (Jamaica) - Spytoneryu 
(Showingoff...)
France (Morocco) - Lordshamrockyama (Showingoff...)
Jamaica (Brazil) - Fujiko (Showingoff...)
Panama (England) - Jejima

Group G
Refioji: Athenayama

Argentina (Canada) - Chiyonosora 
(Showingoff...)
Italy (New Zealand) - ChatGPT (Showingoff...)
South Africa (Sweden) - Bumbiachiyama (Showingoff...)
Sweden (South Africa) - Finngall (Showingoff...)

Group H
Colombia (Ireland) - Mr Froggy

Germany (Costa Rica) - Kumanomusuko
Morocco (France) - Polimasa 
(Showingoff...)
South Korea (Portugal) - Bunbuckuchagama (Showingoff...)

We're doing pretty well! Waiting for entries from Mr Froggy, @Jejima, @Asapedroryu, @Ganzohnesushi, Kuma Koma, Kumanomusuko (@Nekonishiki Banji) and @Koorifuu.

Edited by Jejima

8 hours ago, Jejima said:

Oops. (Blushing...)

This is the update regarding squads and substitutes submitted via the Survey Monkey.

A little key to how you have done....

(Showingoff...) = I have your squad - and it has been checked to be 100% okay!

(Sigh...) = I have your squad, but you made an error (either NOT selecting your (R) representative team or your (C) Counter-balance team - or both) - but easy for me to fix. 

(Eek...) = I have your squad, but at least one of your 2 substitutes is also a squad member - please redo your substitutes poll! 

(Bouncingofexcitement...) You have skipped one (or more) of the categories, so do not have a complete squad.

Group A

New Zealand (Italy) - Rhinoshima 
(Showingoff...)
Norway (China) - Krisachiyama (Showingoff...)
Switzerland (Denmark) - Kaba (Showingoff...)

Group B
Australia (Zambia) - Pitinosato 
(Showingoff...)
Canada (Argentina) - Athenayama (Showingoff...)
Ireland (Colombia) - Nekonishiki (Showingoff...)
Nigeria (Japan) - Asapedroryu (Showingoff...)

Group C
Costa Rica (Germany) - Ganzohnesushi 
(Showingoff...)
Japan (Nigeria) - aminoumi (Showingoff...)
Spain (Vietnam) - Meletyoshi (Showingoff...)
Zambia (Australia) - Andonishiki (Showingoff...)

Group D

China (Norway) - Achiyama 
(Showingoff...)
Denmark (Switzerland) - Djodjoyoshi (Showingoff...)
England (Panama) - Kuma Koma
Haiti (Netherlands) - Tanetakahiro 
(Showingoff...)

Group E

Netherlands (Haiti) - Oyama 
(Showingoff...)
Portugal (South Korea) - Koorifuu
USA (Philippines) - Kimyama 
(Showingoff...)
Vietnam (Spain) - Baku (Sigh...) (I know! My fault for not correcting him.)

Group F

Brazil (Jamaica) - Spytoneryu 
(Showingoff...)
France (Morocco) - Lordshamrockyama (Showingoff...)
Jamaica (Brazil) - Fujiko (Showingoff...)
Panama (England) - Jejima (Showingoff...)

Group G

Argentina (Canada) - Chiyonosora 
(Showingoff...)
Italy (New Zealand) - ChatGPT (Showingoff...)
South Africa (Sweden) - Bumbiachiyama (Showingoff...)
Sweden (South Africa) - Finngall (Showingoff...)

Group H
Colombia (Ireland) - Mr Froggy

Germany (Costa Rica) - Kumanomusuko
Morocco (France) - Polimasa 
(Showingoff...)
South Korea (Portugal) - Bunbuckuchagama (Showingoff...)

Just waiting for squad selections from Kuma Koma, Kumanomusuko (@Nekonishiki Banji) and @Koorifuu.

Mr Froggy has to wait until all other squads are in in order to calculate his squad - so not really waiting for his.

Pick your Penalty Takers for the Octofinals (Round of 16) here!

This is the last bit of selection required before I hand over all players to their group's refioji to collect the round 1 lineups. 

Please select (from the 32 teams) your 11 penalty-takers in order of likelihood that you think that they will reach the quarter-finals.  (Your number 1 will take your first penalty kick, then number 2, and so on to number 11 - if needed.) Please DO NOT click the N/A button next to the remaining 21 teams. (It is much easier for me to read your entry from Surveymonkey, if you avoid clicking on the N/A buttons).

Not every Octofinals match will go down to penalties - most (all?) will be decided either in 'normal time' or 'extra time' - but usually one or two matches in Bench tournaments get decided by penalties - so we need to know your penalty takers for that round in advance - before the group matches begin. (So, you cannot take into account 'surprise results' in the group stages - otherwise, we would all have very similar penalty taker lineups.)

Only 8 teams can reach the quarterfinals, so at least three of your 'picks' will be missed penalty kicks. However, we follow 'normal' penalty rules, with the first 'five' being slated to take penalties, then going to 'sudden death' if still tied after that.

All 32 squads - including Mr Froggy's squad (generated using the rules above) are now in. I'll release some stats later. And also announce the groups.

I think about half of the squads penalty takers are now in. I'll look more closely later.

10 hours ago, Jejima said:

waiting for squad selections from Kuma Koma, Kumanomusuko

Will be sent probably later today