Sign in to follow this  
sumofan

myself (sumofan)

Hi,

this is my first post on this forum. both me and my wife are avid sumo fans. sadly we can only watch when eurosport decides to air the bashos. that's what you get for living in Belgium i am afraid.

I have been reading this forum for almost a year now, so i thought i'd finally join.

I plan to learn Japanese in a few years, so that i am fluent by the time i have the money to make a long trip through japan. 20 years from now or so :-/

what i like about sumo is the combination between grace and power. martial arts for me is not about who can beat who to the ground, but also about elegance of movement and control.

i am not especially an asa lover, but i enjoy his dominating sumo.

i also like to watch Kaio for his sheer power. i hope he can live upt to the expectations for next basho.

that being said, Takamisakari is still our no 1. he is definitly our favorite rikishi. we really like his style and attitude. too bad that he sometimes seems to hold himself back...

well that's it for now.

kind regards,

Bruno.

welcome, sumofan, to the most fun-loving, diverse group of sumo supporters on the planet! :-/ (Sign of approval)

Hello sumofan, welcome.

I notice your name is Bruno and your from Belgium, you didnt used to live in Yao city Osaka by any chance did you?

edit: I just reread your post, I skipped the bit about Japan and Japanese - whoops!, the Bruno from Belgium I know lived here speaks very good Japanese, still nice coincidence.

Is Bruno a common name in Belgium?

Edited by sekihiryu

Actually no.

Bruno is not a common name in Belgium. i will not go so far as to call it rare, but i think that so far i have only met 3 other bruno's in my life.

I have never been in Japan so far, so any bruno that you know of that has been in Japan is indeed not me (Laughing...)

Still, i hope that i will be able to speak Japanese very well someday (and reading and writing it). i have the feeling that it will be more difficult than learning english or french. at least those languages have almost the same alphabet as dutch.

kind regards,

Bruno.

wanna buy some cocaine?

Hey, hey, remember they said no selling on the boards.

geez, some people....

:-D

anyway, welcome sumofan! post early and often! (Laughing...)

There is, in fact, a German movie called Sumo Bruno, although I have not seen it. Can anyone out there in sumoland give me us an idea of what the movie is about? Perhaps in the Off-topic under the title sumo movies?

this is my first post on this forum. both me and my wife are avid sumo fans.

Welcome to yourself and your wife Bruno.

Hope the learning goes both ways here. (Laughing...) and hope to meet you here in Japan long before the 20 years is up and before I am 53!

ANR

Welcome aboard Bruno and dont think not being able to watch sumo makes a difference to loving it-I haven't seen any sumo myself in over a year but I make up for it(As much as I can anyway) by keeping up with all the results and especially by playing the Sumo games which I highly reccomend you try yourself. (In a state of confusion...)

Welcome aboard (In a state of confusion...) I was in Belgium for two weeks a couple of summers ago, my only visit (excluding airport transfers), and had a fantastic time!

Wow! Seems like a lot of new members have joined RECENTLY! Why did it take me so long to find this forum?

Wow! Seems like a lot of new members have joined RECENTLY! Why did it take me so long to find this forum?

you had sumo mailing list-itis, I was so glad I found this modern progressive site rather than trying to sift through emails from the SML.

The mailing list is very informative but a pain in the......

Hello Bruno,

I live in Belgium too!

Your name isn't that uncommon, I know some people with the same name.

Happy to see Belgium represented a bit more on this forum! (Whistling...)

Welkom en veel leesgenot.

you had sumo mailing list-itis, I was so glad I found this modern progressive site rather than trying to sift through emails from the SML.

The mailing list is very informative but a pain in the......

I could not agree with you more! . Sometimes the emails make me want to (Hanged myself...) but now that I have found the forum everything is great! (Whistling...)