Sign in to follow this  
Athenayama

Games talk Kyushu 2022

It seems to be a very high scoring basho at Toto so far. Today 3 players with 24 points still suffered a loss !
I don't know if there are any statistics somewhere to see where we stand.

Yeah...

I accidentally picked 2 Xs today when I meant to have 1. After losing the last match, I totally called it. "I'm gonna end up tied with a bunch of people who win but I'll lose with my terrible tiebreaker."

First one under the line. Sad stuff.

37 minutes ago, Kaito said:

Yeah...

I accidentally picked 2 Xs today when I meant to have 1. After losing the last match, I totally called it. "I'm gonna end up tied with a bunch of people who win but I'll lose with my terrible tiebreaker."

First one under the line. Sad stuff.

Yes, I saw you were among the unlucky ones but I didn't want to throw salt on the wound and give names. Still long way to go, nothing is lost.

That has to be the worst night I ever had playing the games. I didn't just lose for the night in a game. I scored 0 or bottom in almost every one. I don't know how I got a win in Sumo game.

54 minutes ago, Rocks said:

That has to be the worst night I ever had playing the games. I didn't just lose for the night in a game. I scored 0 or bottom in almost every one. I don't know how I got a win in Sumo game.

So it could have been worse. Just wait, this day will come...   (Carriedawayonastretcher...)

Ganzohnesushi

• Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, Rocks said:

Definitely worse than this:

But was it worse than that?

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Jakusotsu said:

Definitely worse than this:

It was. It wasn't that I just lost. I mean I scored a zero in DST and a 12 in Toto. I think the worst I ever did it Toto was a 13. I didn't just lose, I was last. I had one Active rikishi win in Norizo, the rest lost and my NA all won. Besides the win in Sumo Game I think my best score was a 7-6, IN UDH. Only 4 people scored worst than I did in Hoshitori. I'm just hoping I'm alright in Oracle.

So, in answer to your question. YES, I'm getting worse. (Laughing...)

1 hour ago, Rocks said:

I'm just hoping I'm alright in Oracle.

You are. According to my standings you are tied for 9th place as of now. Current projections for the Top 10:

1. ScreechingOwl 601

2. BlackPinkMawashi 597

2. TochiYESshin 597

2. Wamahada 597

5. Kishikaisei 596

5. Oshirokita 596

5. pandaazuma 596

5. Sakura 596

9. Flohru 594

9. Gansekiiwa 594

9. Golynohana 594

9. Kaito 594

• Thanks 1

I can't be upset overall today. I had to enter the games last minute and when I saw the Toto picks, I was convinced I was gonna have a bad day. Watching the matches, I thought I was having a bad day and had lost for sure by the end. Then I checked the Toto results and didn't even have to scroll down?

The bad part was looking around at others' Tipspiel picks and being influenced to move Myogiryu from 1 or 0 up to 4, as well as moving him onto the bottom of my Sumo-Game lineup to lose an important match I was otherwise winning.

3 minutes ago, Jakusotsu said:

@Sumo Spiffy I don't know if you're following the Bench Sumo mailing list, but this is really *really* bad luck! (Feelingguilty...)

YEAH I KINDA AM

TBH though, I had plenty of ways to win yesterday; I just went slightly off-track and Flohru was on point. And if I had to be good at one thing or the other, I'd rather have good MCP numbers than win-loss (kinda like how a pitcher in baseball is considered good by ERA and not by his record).

BUT YEAH I HAVE KINDA NOTICED

Edit: I think I've lost to three GBLs in the last six days...?

Edited by Sumo Spiffy

16 minutes ago, Jakusotsu said:

@Sumo Spiffy I don't know if you're following the Bench Sumo mailing list, but this is really *really* bad luck! (Feelingguilty...)

Are you suggesting he should blame the torikumi makerB-)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Sakura said:

Are you suggesting he should blame the torikumi makerB-)

In Makushita, ALWAYS blame the torikumi maker!

• Like 1

That's exactly why it's nigh impossible to escape Makushita hell. B-)

(...why isn't there a fiendish grin emoji?)

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Jakusotsu said:

That's exactly why it's nigh impossible to escape Makushita hell. B-)

(...why isn't there a fiendish grin emoji?)

Watch me at the end of this basho ! :-P

• Like 1

Well, it's been a very meh year in the games for me. Not surprising as I haven't really put in the time needed. I may even end up with 0 points this basho.

At least I can try to enjoy this last one a bit. It would be nice to see Takayasu Yusho.

At least I can do my usual last night countdown in Oracle:

I start the night with 570 points. But I have 9 matches where I automatically gain a point and 15 where I lose one based on who is facing each other leaving me actually starting the night at 565.

There are 10 matches where I will either loses or gain a point depending on the winner and the 2 Juryo-Makushita matches where I can gain one if the Juryo rikishi wins giving me a range for the night of 555-577.

The rikshi I need to win are:

Mitakeumi
Ura
Daieisho
Kotoshoho
Ichiyamato
Takarafuji
Aoiyama
Chiyoshoma
Churanoumi
Daishoho
KInbozan
Kaisho
Tushimanada

Good luck everybody!

Edited by Rocks

Flohru For comparison:

Starts at 574 but has 9 with again and 16 with a loss putting the start of the night at 567

Has 8 with a loss or gain depending on winner and 2 J/m matches. So a range of 557 to 577

Winners needed:

Wakatakakage
Mitakeumi

Ura
Daieisho
Takarafuji
Aoiyama
Churanoumi
KInbozan

Kaisho
Tushimanada

We have many which overlap and no matches where one of else will gain one where the other loses. Very tight. 

The only rikishi  Flohru has that I don't is  Wakatakakage.

I can gain on Flohru if Kotoshoho,  Ichiyamato,  Chiyoshoma  or Daishoho win. Which is good but considering  I am starting out 2 behind I pretty much need to have 3 of those 4 win  to net 2 and  catch Flohru.

And then there is everyone else playing of course.

We'll see.

Edited by Rocks

Oskahanada:

574 with a net minus of 6 to start night at 568

13 matches with a range of 557-581

Winners needed:

Wakatakkage
Mitakeumi
Tamawashi
Ura
Daieisho
Kotoshoho
Kotoeko
Takarafuji
Aoiyama
Churanoumi
KInbozan
Kaisho
Tushimanada

After Juryo:

Oskahanada  570

Flohru             569

Gansekiiwa    568

All won except for Churanoumi

1/2 through makuuchi:

Flohru             570

Oskahanada  569

Gansekiiwa    568

I can finish 1 behind at best. Oshkahanada needs Tamawashi to win to tie.

Final (if I didn't make a mistake):

Flohru             568

Oskahanada  568

Gansekiiwa    567

Frustrating basho overall. It seemed like I had a great read on it the whole way, but it just led to a bunch of near misses. Pretty dodgy win awarded to Daieisho today costing me a win in Bench. And poor Takayasu.

Oh well, see ya in January. (Happygoodbyes...)

16 minutes ago, Kaito said:

Frustrating basho overall. It seemed like I had a great read on it the whole way, but it just led to a bunch of near misses. Pretty dodgy win awarded to Daieisho today costing me a win in Bench. And poor Takayasu.

Oh well, see ya in January. (Happygoodbyes...)

Yeah, frustrating year for me. I didn't really put in the time to do well. This basho was very bad but at least I pulled out a few KKs in the end and did well in Sumo Game.

17 hours ago, Rocks said:

Congrats to @Screeching_Owl on the Oracle Yusho!

My best ever Oracle performance. If I hadn't somehow failed to give Ura a record (I would have chosen 7-8)....

Cingratulations to @ScreechingOwl

• Like 1