Sign in to follow this  
Jejima

Guess Hokutofuji's Aite - September 2022 edition

I was wrong in at least 2 different ways about what was going to happen, but I was fairly confident they would happen.  The intrasanyaku match choices are just baffling, which can happen when there are so many ways they could theoretically happen.  That made the game much more challenging back when I started playing.  Regardless, I assumed they'd do 3 intrasanyaku matches which made it nearly impossible for Nishikigi to face a sanyaku, which led to him matched against Wakamotoharu. 

There's still a way of getting all the intrasanyaku matches in, but it requires breaking the 13-15 top 4 round robin, which seems totally daffy.  Given the yusho race though, I can see them skipping Takakeisho's and maybe Terunofuji's matches against Daieisho and Shodai.

10. Takayasu

Edited by Gurowake

10. Takayasu, although Tamawashi was tempting. I wonder if they'd be happier with Hokutofuji and Tamawashi running together awhile longer or if they'd rather see Takakeisho catch up.

2 hours ago, Jakusotsu said:

FWIW, Tamawashi will get Mitakeumi on my slate.

Same. Still went around counting who would have to fight when to see if he made sense, but then I realized I want to see it more than I really believed it would happen (yet).

With no new absences announced,

10. Takayasu

I don't have a more likely pick, but my confidence in this one is well below 50%. If there's a Kyokai strike, I think it'll be with Sadanoumi or Kotoshoho.

If Jejima's habit of hitting the nail one day too soon continues, it will be Oho on day 11. B-)

(...and shimodahito wastes yet another correct pick by coming too late :-()

Reonito (YOe) 9-1
Sakura (YOw) 9-1
Gurowake (Y1e) 8-2
Jakusotsu (S1w) 8-2
Hakuhonofan (K1e) 8-2
Sumo Spiffy (M1e) 8-2
Oshirokita (S1e) 6-4
Profomisakari (K1w) 6-4
Seiyashi (M1w) 6-4
WAKATAKE (M2w) 6-2-2
shimodahito (M3e) 6-1-3
Jejima (M3w) 3-7
The Kyokai (M4e) 1-9
Chartorenji (M2e) 0-0-10
Ryoshishokunin (M4w) 0-0-10

Hokutofuji's aites: 1. Tochinoshin(Myogiryu), 2. Myogiryu(Onosho), 3. Aoiyama, 4. Tochinoshin, 5. Kotoeko, 6. Nishikifuji, 7. Takanosho, 8. Endo, 9. Wakamotoharu, 10. Takayasu

Openly banging my face into a wall considering the options (Hitthewall...)but yesterday was the first day of the whole basho I got all the sanyaku matches right, so I'm just gonna be openly happy about that before throwing myself into the layer of hell that is Guess Hokutofuji's Aite, Aki 2022, Day 11.

A kyujo or two could have a big difference, but I'm not going to be able to pay attention to the injury news today.

11. Ura

Even with the Terunofuji news, I still get Ura with conventional scheduling, although it wouldn't surprise me if they escalated to Tamawashi.

11. Ura