Sign in to follow this  
Jakusotsu

Games Talk - Nagoya Basho 2022

Nice way to start the basho in Bench Sumo: 5-man reverse GBL. B-)

• Haha 1

So, a Yokozuna on one leg immediately, my games choices are suddenly feeling precarious.

1 hour ago, Suwihuto said:

So, a Yokozuna on one leg immediately, my games choices are suddenly feeling precarious.

And what exactly does your choices distinguish from everybody else's?

Posted (edited)

When I saw the Day 1 results I immediately took a look at the japan-guide.com Sumo Game stats for the day.  While it didn't quite make the list of lowest scoring days, it wasn't too far off.  (4.06 vs. 4.04 to make the list)

Edited by Gurowake

34 minutes ago, Gurowake said:

When I saw the Day 1 results I immediately took a look at the japan-guide.com Sumo Game stats for the day.  While it didn't quite make the list of lowest scoring days, it wasn't too far off.  (4.06 vs. 4.04 to make the list)

My comment on Sumo Game was that it was one of the toughest days I've ever seen, which is unfortunately one of the only things I got right.

33 minutes ago, Kaito said:

My comment on Sumo Game was that it was one of the toughest days I've ever seen

image.jpeg.fcede173f3114b6e0a7a76ebb2899328.jpeg

With this brutal start, I do not know if it is good to miss most games due to looming real life traveling or not. Well, I would put yokozuna somewhere on the top anyway, so I would sit somewhere in the bunch... 

Well, that stinks. Learned about Daiamami out very late. Got him out of Sumo game but he's still my pick in Toto, Quad and TTT, which is a loss there. 

19 hours ago, Jakusotsu said:

And what exactly does your choices distinguish from everybody else's?

I suppose it's not an egregious problem as it also hits many others, but it's frustrating to have a central choice immediately hamstrung. At least if such an occurrence is seen as a reasonable risk in advance, it brings more opportunity to take another path.

uggh, oh well. Can someone explain to me how Ichiyamamoto can survive 9 pushes from Takarafuji yet Abi can not fall for a henka and still get pushed out on the first push  attempt by Ura?

4 minutes ago, Rocks said:

uggh, oh well. Can someone explain to me how Ichiyamamoto can survive 9 pushes from Takarafuji yet Abi can not fall for a henka and still get pushed out on the first push  attempt by Ura?

"You've just entered the Twilight Zone" ? :-)

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Rocks said:

Ichiyamamoto usually does well in the summer heat. That's why I picked him for Bench :-)

Edited by Jejima

1 hour ago, Jejima said:

Ichiyamamoto usually does well in the summer heat.  That's why I picked him for Bench :-)

Yes, I picked him to KK for the same reason. I'm not surprised he beat Takarafuji, surprised Abi lost to Ura so easily.

Quite unusual tableau at Chain Gang on day 3: eight different picks, and only one player went poof.

3 hours ago, Jakusotsu said:

Quite unusual tableau at Chain Gang on day 3: eight different picks, and only one player went poof.

I guess most of alive players have used their 3 Ryuden jokers. Now comes the fun part.

Well, Chain devolved fast. I'm a little shocked not one person picked Enho Day 6.

I thought about it but I was seriously debating between about 10 people.

Had a bit of analysis paralysis today, but I've been so bad at Chain Gang, this was the first time I really feel like I got to play.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Rocks said:

I'm a little shocked not one person picked Enho Day 6.

Of all Rkishi, why Enho? Totally overrated Rikishi winning half of his Bouts by Henka. A no-go for me. If I had not lost on Day 5 Hokuseiho would have been my pick today.

Ganzohnesushi

Edited by Ganzohnesushi
  • Thanks 1

I wonder why only one player went with Kaisho against the walking dead (which would have been my pick).

Or did the others think he would do his former heya-mate a favour?

5 hours ago, Ganzohnesushi said:

Of all Rkishi, why Enho? Totally overrated Rikishi winning half of his Bouts by Henka. A no-go for me. If I had not lost on Day 5 Hokuseiho would have been my pick today.

Ganzohnesushi

I mean, I have a lot more respect for Enho than you do, apparently. But the appeal was really in picking against Akua who's looking allergic to winning.

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, Ganzohnesushi said:

Ganzohnesushi

I dislike him too and would never normally pick him but he was facing an 0-5 Akua, who is clearly injured or something, and one thing Enho is expert at is taking advantage of another guy's injury. 

Edited by Rocks

5 more sekitori out. Scoring is going to be huge tonight. Another freebie in TTT.

37 minutes ago, Rocks said:

5 more sekitori out. Scoring is going to be huge tonight. Another freebie in TTT.

Dang, I hadn't used 4/5 of them in Quad yet. And I've already used all of their opponents for today.

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, Kaito said:

Dang, I hadn't used 4/5 of them in Quad yet. And I've already used all of their opponents for today.

I ahd used all of them and their opponents in Quad already so no help there for me.

it's going to be AutoHenkamania in Bench tonight though. And I'm thinking you'll need an 8 minimum to be in the match in Sumo game for everyone not droning.

Edited by Rocks

We may think about cancelling the final results of all games this basho.

It's starting to make no sense anymore.