Kintamayama

Preparations of the Y/O Nagoya 2022

Mitakeumi has revealed today that he injured his right shoulder last basho. "I'll be entering the basho with no real preparation," he admitted. He injured the shoulder on his day 1 bout against Takayasu, when he fell off the dohyo. So far he has only done some shiko in training and it is not clear if he did any sumo at all. "I'm not impatient yet, but I am feeling uncertain. I'll be ready in time for Nagoya," he summed.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

He revealed it quite a while a ago

On 08/06/2022 at 16:01, Akinomaki said:

Mitakeumi in an interview with his local paper talked about the reason for his makekoshi. He injured his right shoulder when he dropped from the dohyo on day 1 after pushing out Takayasu. After that the pain remained and he couldn't raise his shoulder, couldn't do his standard move of pushing up his opponent anymore. A rikishi's job is to go on, he adjusted his moves and managed to get 6 wins: "There was nothing negative at all". The shoulder is OK now. http://www.shinmai.co.jp/news/article/CNTS2022060600783

apparently he lied about the shoulder being alright, he trains for quite some time now without doing more than the basics - also from the article:

On 12/06/2022 at 16:21, Akinomaki said:

Mitakeumi after training on the 6th - he restarted keiko end of May

Edited by Akinomaki

2 hours ago, Kintamayama said:

"I'll be entering the basho with no real preparation," he admitted. 

This is really sad to say but: will we be seeing one of the shortest ozeki stints of modern history?

1 minute ago, Kaitetsu said:

This is really sad to say but: will we be seeing one of the shortest ozeki stints of modern history?

Make that shortest ōzeki stint, period, if he gets demoted this basho.

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Seiyashi said:

Are you forgetting Takakeisho?  He did literally have the shortest possible time as Ozeki, even if he did get repromoted immediately.

3 minutes ago, Seiyashi said:

Yeah, I was looking at SumoDB and since 1940 only 2 ozeki were promoted to ozeki, just to immediately go kadoban and then demoted... however, both attained more than 10 wins at sekiwake so were instantly repromoted and stayed on ozeki for the rest of their career, being those Musoyama in 2000 and Takakeisho in 2019. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Gurowake said:

Are you forgetting Takakeisho?  He did literally have the shortest possible time as Ozeki, even if he did get repromoted immediately.

Yeah urgh I guess that "counts" if you get ozekiwake immediately, but 3 would be the shortest total time spent at ozeki if Mitakeumi fails to get repromoted. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
On 22/06/2022 at 11:29, Kintamayama said:

Actually, for a sumo quote, pretty edgy.

hence the tongue smiley

Edited by SDM