Kintamayama

Preparations of the masses- July 2022

1 hour ago, Kintamayama said:

Takayasu  did a lot of degeiko. All of his opponents were tested negative.

at least for now....hope it stays that way :-(

34 minutes ago, Reonito said:

So, Takayasu (jun?)yusho in September?

July. Zensho. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Kintamayama said:

July. Zensho. 

Make sense, all he has to do is just cough at the tachiai. 

• Haha 4

Joking aside, the following active rikishi have multiple jun-yusho without a yusho: Takayasu (5), Okinoumi (3), Abi (2), Aoiyama (2), Endo (2), Ichinojo (2), Kaisei (2), Takanosho (2). Takayasu's case has deservedly received plenty of attention. It's probably too late for several on this list, but Abi, Ichinojo, and Takanosho seem like worthy contenders.

• Like 1

I think Aoiyama could still get a yusho. He does have the occasional strong basho, and if enough other top rikishi are having bad basho at once, he could get one. January basho tend to be strange, with the seasonal diseases, holidays, vacations, etc. interfering with training and attendance.

• Like 1

On 29/06/2022 at 02:51, Kintamayama said:

July. Zensho. 

Takayasu is out?

On 28/06/2022 at 20:51, Kintamayama said:

July. Zensho. 

Zenkyu

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Akinomaki said:

Zenkyu

You're velcom..

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

Posted (edited)

Kokonoe beya traing-digest, interviews:

Kokonoe beya full training yesterday:

Edited by Kintamayama
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

New Makuuchi Nishikifuji is training fiercely for Nagoya. His old left elbow injury tends to flare up here and there but today he had nearly 50 bouts. "I'm just doing all I can, bout numbers included.." he said. He divulged that Terunofuji asked him to join him for the Yokozuna dohyo-iri.. It hasn't ben decided officially yet . "The  Yokozuna has always helped me out. If the opportunity arises, I hope he will let me serve him.." said Nishikifuji hopefully.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Kokonoe certainly is a big heya, I'm glad I'm not paying that grocery bill   (Laughing...)

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, Kujo said:

Kokonoe certainly is a big heya, I'm glad I'm not paying that grocery bill   (Laughing...)

Five sekitori though so a reasonable amount of Kyokai income.

4 hours ago, Naganoyama said:

Five sekitori though so a reasonable amount of Kyokai income.

That is true. 

That's a lot of chanko cooking everyday, I'm curious what a heya that size spends on food a month.

15 minutes ago, Kujo said:

That is true. 

That's a lot of chanko cooking everyday, I'm curious what a heya that size spends on food a month.

There was an NHK feature a while back where Hiro Morita went grocery shopping with Arashio-beya's chef. The bill that time came out to 80,000 Yen for two day's worth of meals.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, yohcun said:

There was an NHK feature a while back where Hiro Morita went grocery shopping with Arashio-beya's chef. The bill that time came out to 80,000 Yen for two day's worth of meals.

yohcun, thanks for the link. 80,000 and Arashio is half the size of Kokonoe. 

Good lord, 80,000 yen can cover a small week's holiday in JP - including basho tickets.

3 hours ago, Seiyashi said:

Good lord, 80,000 yen can cover a small week's holiday in JP - including basho tickets.

Sure, if you're not feeding rikishi during your trip.

• Haha 5

Posted (edited)

Ura trained at home today. "I just want to able to do sumo for 15 days," he said , after going kyujo on day 13 last basho at 9-4.  "My technique and power are lacking at the moment. My injuries are preventing me from being where I want to be, but it has nothing to do with my turning 30. If not for the injuries, I could do more training. I have gained weight but have not been able to fully take advantage of that. That's where my potential lies," he summed.

Edited by Kintamayama
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

Tamawashi trained at home and is aiming for the fourth straight basho where he gets a kinboshi against Terunofuji. He is the fifth rikishi since the Showa era to get three straight kinboshi from the same Yokozuna. The last time that happened was way back in '57. "I'm certainly looking forward to that.." he said with certainty. He trained against two Jonidan rikishi, then proceeded to doing squats while picking both of them up and coming up with all sorts of ingenious ideas for an hour. "My tachiai speed is lacking so I'm aiming to improve that. I'm always going for doing 'feelgood' sumo. I'm not that skilled, so if I can utilize my power the wins will follow.   Shouhouzan retired? We used to train a lot together.  I spoke to him on the phone and he told me he is now relaxed and asked me to gambarize. He planned on continuing till he was 40, but I feel I will continue as long as I am able to make the fans who come to watch me happy with my own brand of sumo. I want to get another yusho for my kids.. " he summed.

Edited by Kintamayama
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Kintamayama said:

Shoudai retired?

You gave me a shock for a moment there!

1 minute ago, Octofuji said:

You gave me a shock for a moment there!

Man, you are fast-I fixed that Freudian slip pretty quickly and yet you got me..

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, Kintamayama said:

coming up with all sorts of ingenious ideas for an hour.

This comes pretty close to "doing unmentionables" (Laughing...) And knowing Tamawashi, it's not entirely out of the question, either.

Posted (edited)

Ingenious Tamawashi:

Tamawashi2.jpg

Edited by Kintamayama
  • Like 5