Sign in to follow this  
Kintamayama

Invite for GTB- July (Nagoya) 2022- 155 entries - RESULTS!!

As I thought, my 63 doesn't look all that great compared to others who report their scores early. 

25 minutes ago, Hidenotora said:

60 here I think, I thought that was decent but seems like it will be a high scoring one on the whole.

If the new shimpan department decides to pretty much just go by the math, with ties broken in favor of higher wins, we could see a lot of high-scoring editions.

(Signofdisapproval...)49 most probably means a MK result  

73, nice one, only 3 points short of my PB! Yusho is reachable, yet this seems to be a high-scoring basho with a lot of players, so who knows?!

53, all of my points of contention except placing tochi-nishiki-shimano were wrong. Well, that's probably because I looked at the previous banzuke to inform some movements despite the obvious fact that the pressure was mostly downward on that banzuke and upward on this one.

66, I believe. I was so excited but seems like I won't be among the leaders. Still, getting away from the bottom is amazing for me and my history with GTB.

32 minutes ago, Godango said:

66, I believe. I was so excited but seems like I won't be among the leaders. Still, getting away from the bottom is amazing for me and my history with GTB.

Eh, getting most of the ranks right is what counts; the rest is guessing a few coin flips correctly (Cheers...)

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

GOD. I don't know how my actual GTB entry did, but my video walkthrough scored 69. UGH WHY DIDN'T I DO IT IN TIME

I had Nishikigi and Shimanoumi flipped, so no points for them. I also had Tsurugisho and Myogiryu flipped, even though I could have sworn I had them in what ended up being the correct order. I essentially had the pairs of Daiamami/Nishikifuji and Oho/Yutakayama flipped, so no points for them. I had Chiyomaru on 17E instead of 17W. So, three single-pointers and 33 correct.

Edit: Wait a second. I just checked my actual entry and it looks like it scored 71. Between the two, I got every pick right in at least one; the ones I tried to logic out without doing the math in the entry were a disaster and correct on the video, but the video led me to switch a few things the original entry had correct where the math was very close. 

This game is so compelling and weird.

Edited by Sumo Spiffy
baffled

Orl Korrect down to Tochinoshin at M8e... then... bugger all. 58 I think. The aforementioned Takarafuji blunder didn't help. Hoping I can squeak a KK.

0h dear!!!!!! Whats the lowest score ever?

I think I scored less than 30...(Censored...):'-((Hitthewall...)(Ragingatcomputer...)

"I'll get my coat."(Sadgoodbyes...)

If anyone asks you havent seen me.(Wearingapaperbag...)

Posted (edited)

Results will be posted later today when i get home, hopefully. In any case, a high scoring affair. No less than eight players with 70 or more points. 

Edited by Kintamayama

Posted (edited)

Hah, 46 - joi, the Isegahama trio, and the jūryō promotees did me in. This will be my worst MK ever, I think. Probably should stick to DB scripting and tool creation XD

That, and it looks like this shimpan committee is just very mechanical about things, and jūryō promotees are placed even lower than I think they will be.

Edited by Seiyashi

Posted (edited)

Aaaaaaaarrrrrrrghhhhhhhhh. Forgetting ichinojo being a COVID case cost me big. Would have put him into M2w instead. The only incorrect placement then would have been Ichiyamamoto/Takarafuji costing me 4 points. Would have set a new record (?) with 80 points as I have all other 40 Rikishi correct. What a tragedy....  (Hitthewall...)

Yokozuna E: Terunofuji Y1e (12-3)
Yokozuna W: None
Yokozuna E2: None
Yokozuna W2: None
Ozeki E: Takakeisho O2w (8-7)
Ozeki W: Mitakeumi O1e (6-9)
Ozeki E2: None
Ozeki W2: Shodai O1w (5-10)
Ozeki E3: None
Ozeki W3: None
Sekiwake E: Wakatakakage S1e (9-6)
Sekiwake W: Daieisho K1w (11-4)
Sekiwake E2: None
Sekiwake W2: None
Komusubi E: Hoshoryu K1e (8-7)
Komusubi W: Abi S1w (7-8)
Komusubi E2: None
Komusubi W2: None
Maegashira E: Kiribayama M2e (10-5)
Maegashira W: Takanosho M4w (11-4)
Maegashira E2: Kotonowaka M2w (9-6)
Maegashira W2: Tamawashi M3w (9-6)
Maegashira E3: Ura M6e (9-5-1)
Maegashira W3: Wakamotoharu M6w (9-6)
Maegashira E4: Takayasu M1e (6-9)
Maegashira W4: Endo M4e (7-8)
Maegashira E5: Sadanoumi M12w (11-4)
Maegashira W5: Aoiyama M11e (10-5)
Maegashira E6: Tobizaru M5w (7-8)
Maegashira W6: Okinoumi M10e (9-6)
Maegashira E7: Hokutofuji M3e (5-10)
Maegashira W7: Tochinoshin M9w (8-7)
Maegashira E8: Nishikigi M10w (8-7)
Maegashira W8: Shimanoumi M8e (7-8)
Maegashira E9: Kotoeko M7w (6-9)
Maegashira W9: Chiyotairyu M13e (8-7)
Maegashira E10: Meisei M13w (8-7)
Maegashira W10: Kotoshoho M9e (6-9)
Maegashira E11: Midorifuji M16w (9-6)
Maegashira W11: Ichinojo M1w (0-0-15)
Maegashira E12: Terutsuyoshi M8w (5-10)
Maegashira W12: Ichiyamamoto M15w (8-7)
Maegashira E13: Takarafuji M7e (4-11)
Maegashira W13: Chiyoshoma M11w (6-9)
Maegashira E14: Myogiryu M12e (6-9)
Maegashira W14: Tsurugisho J2w (10-5)
Maegashira E15: Onosho M5e (2-4-9)
Maegashira W15: Oho M14e (6-9)
Maegashira E16: Yutakayama M14w (6-9)
Maegashira W16: Daiamami J6e (11-4)
Maegashira E17: Nishikifuji J6w (11-4)
Maegashira W17: Chiyomaru J1e (8-7)

So it is 51 points an a MK, for sure.

Ganzohnesushi

Edited by Ganzohnesushi
  • Sad 2

6 hours ago, Kintamayama said:

Results will be posted later today when i get home, hopefully. In any case, a high scoring affair. No less than eight players with 70 or more points. 

Wouw !

So with 65 Points it's nur sure to get Double Digits KK....

I am looking forward to the results !! :-)

Posted (edited)

Here are the results- of the Nagoya 2022 GTB, delayed because I had to remove a small blockage in my artery yesterday-at home now, everything good. We have a third time winner in Nantonoyama with 71 points!! As I stated yesterday, 8 players with 70 points and higher. I with my three komusubi, ended up very low, even lower than Barry White. 17 new players,( one of the runner-ups) and 14 playing for the second time, which is just as important.

Milestones:

Asashosakari - 110th basho (!!)

Heriokuno - 110th basho (!!)

Taxinohana -100th basho (!!)

Manatsumai - 100th basho (!!)

Ketsukai-  90th basho

Itachiyama - 90th basho

Hope you enjoyed the game, see you next basho. Special thanks to Andoreasu and Doitsuyama for their bnever-ending endeavors in keeping this game alive.

To see how you did, go here.

And now, on with the Ba-show!!.

Edited by Kintamayama
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

5 hours ago, Ganzohnesushi said:

Would have set a new record (?) with 80 points as I have all other 40 Rikishi correct. What a tragedy....  (Hitthewall...)

Ok. Came here to whine about my virtual 67 by simply moving Ichinojo up to M1w instead of the brainfarted M14w, but you can top even that. (Sigh...)

Posted (edited)

Ok 48, seems I goofed my math somewhere. Wasn't as bad a score in KK/MK terms as I thought (and it's hard to beat the 3-12 I scored in my third try that I seem to have done too well in forgetting).

Well, last time I got the joi right, this time round I got the ....nakai? chui? right, hopefully the next time I'll get the bum end right, and then hopefully after that I can string that all together...

Edited by Seiyashi

38 minutes ago, Seiyashi said:

hopefully the next time I'll get the bum end right

The bottom of the Makuuchi banzuke is generally the place that people get things wrong most often.  I don't feel too bad when I get it wrong.

• Like 1

Wow, my last minute change really was the most costly mistake I've ever made in gtb... 

Gratz to Nantonoyama on 3rd Yusho! (Yushowinner...)

5 hours ago, Kintamayama said:

I with my three komusubi, ended up very low, even lower than Barry white.

Great minds think alike.   I, too, went with 3 Komusubis which I never did before.  My KK streak is over.  My feeling is hurt, my pride is damaged, and am ready to split my gut.  (Shakinghead...)

8 hours ago, Kintamayama said:

Here are the results- of the Nagoya 2022 GTB, delayed because I had to remove a small blockage in my artery yesterday-at home now, everything good. 

First off, I'm glad you're all good -- keep well.

8 hours ago, Kintamayama said:

I with my three komusubi, ended up very low, even lower than Barry White.

Excellent reference.

129th?

Could have been worse,at least I beat some of the better known players.(No names)

I did make a mistake when I initially worked my score out which expains my early low score and possibly why I'm so bad at this game.

For some reason I have been giving 2 points for a bullseye and half a point  for  my hits(Blushing...)(Oops!)

1 hour ago, Fujisan said:

129th?

Could have been worse,at least I beat some of the better known players.(No names)

I did make a mistake when I initially worked my score out which expains my early low score and possibly why I'm so bad at this game.

For some reason I have been giving 2 points for a bullseye and half a point  for  my hits(Blushing...)(Oops!)

126th but who's counting ;-)

29 minutes ago, Reonito said:

126th but who's counting ;-)

See,I cant even get that right.(Hitthewall...)

• Haha 1