Sign in to follow this  
Kintamayama

Invite for GTB- July (Nagoya) 2022- 155 entries - RESULTS!!

I basically made 2 banzuke with the distinction of komusubi slots. I finalized my entry with the 4 komusubi one, which I now regret.

2022-06-21.png

2 minutes ago, Reonito said:

Wakamotoharu ahead of Ura?

Yeah, as I mentioned on Tachiai, I thought the committee would reward a full 15 day record instead of a kyūjō late as it was. It's a weird thought, but that's apparently not the only one I had, either.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Fujisan said:

Damn missed Ichinojo's co-vid withdrawal .

That will cost me!

Oops! Me too... :'-(

I went with 3 Komusubis.  If I got it right, I will surely make KK.  If not, I will probably go 3-12 or worse.   Did anyone else go with 3 Komusubi slots?

4 hours ago, Jakusotsu said:

Oops! Me too... :'-(

LOL... and then we were three  (Shakinghead...)  Stupido!

Ganzohnesushi 

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, robnplunder said:

I went with 3 Komusubis.  If I got it right, I will surely make KK.  If not, I will probably go 3-12 or worse.   Did anyone else go with 3 Komusubi slots?

I tried to figure out any logic for adding more komusubi slots, but I looked through as many banzukes as I could and I just couldn't find enough situations where K (or S) slots were added due to exceptional performance to land on a rationale for doing it here. It's simply quite rare to have as many guys perform well at high ranks and in the lower sanyaku in a single basho as happened here.

I even made a video about it! :D

• Like 2

8 hours ago, robnplunder said:

It's hard to see creating one for Kiribayama or Takanosho (not sure which you went with) but not both.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Reonito said:

It's hard to see creating one for Kiribayama or Takanosho (not sure which you went with) but not both.

I hadn't thought about it like this, but it makes sense. They even rose to the same theoretical level and would be naturally split east and west.

I stuck with two because it feels like the reason to do this would be to allow the guys below to hold a higher numerical rank, even though they're not actually any higher on the banzuke relative to everyone else, and not as an appropriate reward for Kiri or Taka. So, I don't think they'll do that.

49 minutes ago, Sumo Spiffy said:

I hadn't thought about it like this, but it makes sense. They even rose to the same theoretical level and would be naturally split east and west.

I stuck with two because it feels like the reason to do this would be to allow the guys below to hold a higher numerical rank, even though they're not actually any higher on the banzuke relative to everyone else, and not as an appropriate reward for Kiri or Taka. So, I don't think they'll do that.

I agree it's most likely to be 2; just saying in the unlikely event it's more than 2, 4 is far more likely than 3.

On 21/06/2022 at 09:42, robnplunder said:

Me. Bad news.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

You know, I was wondering why everyone who had posted predictions had Takarafuji much higher than I did. I thought I'd better check and oh deary me... When I entered the data into my little spreadsheet I gave our favourite swordbearer a 3-12 rather than a 4-11. So that's everything from M12 to M15 most royally banjaxed.

Garbage in, Garbage out, I suppose

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Tigerboy1966 said:

You know, I was wondering why everyone who had posted predictions had Takarafuji much higher than I did. I thought I'd better check and oh deary me... When I entered the data into my little spreadsheet I gave our favourite swordbearer a 3-12 rather than a 4-11. So that's everything from M12 to M15 most royally banjaxed.

Big oooof.

2 hours ago, Tigerboy1966 said:

Been there, though fortunately have caught before entering.

2 hours ago, Tigerboy1966 said:

It's errors like this that make me attempt to, in all cases possible, copy the data electronically from a trusted source rather than retyping it at all.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Gurowake said:

It's errors like this that make me attempt to, in all cases possible, copy the data electronically from a trusted source rather than retyping it at all.

Have you found a good way to copy/paste the win totals from sumodb into a spreadsheet? In my attempts it hasn't worked as intended in terms of having them as numbers I can compute on.

Edited by Reonito

1 hour ago, Reonito said:

Have you found a good way to copy/paste the win totals from sumodb into a spreadsheet? In my attempts it hasn't worked as intended in terms of having them as numbers I can compute on.

The way I do it works for what I do with the numbers. I put these options and just copy that table directly: http://sumodb.sumogames.de/Banzuke.aspx?b=202205&heya=-1&shusshin=-1&spr=on&c=on&simple=on

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Reonito said:

I was missing the "simple style" option which lists the wins and losses as separate columns.

Yes, that's exactly what I use.  You can see evidence of it in my banzuke posts that omit the number of absences, because those aren't listed in simple style.

• Like 1

Thank you all for your sympathy for my predicament and advice on how to avoid repeating the blunder. It could have been worse: the error came when I incorrectly recorded the pride of Nakadomari (sorry Onosho fans) as losing to Kotokuzan on day 15. Fortunately for me, KTZ's rank is unlikely to be relevant in this GTB.

69 points I think. I have a feeling this will be a really high-scoring edition. What I got wrong: flipped Takayasu and Wakamotoharu, flipped Shimanoumi and Nishikigi, flipped Onosho and Tsurugisho, and placed Chiyomaru ahead of Daiamami and Nishikifuji.

71 for me I think. Swapping Tsurugisho and Onosho at the very last minute may have been a very very costly mistake 

60 here I think, I thought that was decent but seems like it will be a high scoring one on the whole. I missed a lot of stuff by half a rank, but the half rank that gets you no points in this game. I only got bullseyes and misses, no one pointers here, even number only gang! (I think anyway)

67 here. Nishikigi/Shimanoumi and Tsurugisho/Onosho for me, too, plus a rather suboptimal maegashira-joi (Takanosho/Ichinojo for -4, Ura/Wakamotoharu/Takayasu for -5).