Sign in to follow this  
Randomitsuki

Natsu 2022 Superbanzuke Masters Series Results

Dear players and playeristas,

before coming to the much-awaited results for Natsu Basho I want to share my delight at seeing some very old and very familiar names in various game standings. For instance, the inventor of Salarycap Sumo, the venerable Gusoyama returned in a couple of games. Welcome back! I also noticed another name from ages past, Mysko, being listed in one of the games.

But now from the past to the present: the Masters Series have been computed and published. This is what the report says:

The Natsu Basho 2022 Masters Series were decided by Kaito who wins his first Green Mawashi. With a yusho in Norizo Cup, jun-yusho in Sekitori Oracle and UDH along with some (not so) minor scores he amassed 58.92 points, easily keeping reigning World Champion Joaiyama (41.50) at bay.
The shukun-sho goes to Unkonoyama. He seems to specialize on this prize, as it's already his fourth Outstanding Performance Prize (no other sansho so far). This time he won for a yusho in Sekitori-Toto and a jun-yusho in Tipspiel.
The gino-sho goes to Choshu-yuki (her first Technique Prize). She excelled in daily games (Odd Sumo jun-yusho) and pre-basho games (3rd place in Hoshitori Game).
Andoreasu rounds out the sansho by winning his fifth career kanto-sho. He scored among the Top 10 in seven different games.
Congratulations to all the winners!

See how you fared at the usual place.

I have also updated the half-time standings of the 2022 World Championship. In contrast to recent years, we have no player who leads the standings light years ahead. Oskanohana (122.27) grabbed first place from Susanoo (109.81), but Andoreasu and Kaito are also already in triple digits. I think that every player with 60+ points still has a chance of winning the title. Among them are previous World Champions Norizo (7th), Joaoiyama (8th), Flohru (14th), and Pandaazuma (16th).

• Thanks 8

31 minutes ago, Randomitsuki said:

For instance, the inventor of Salarycap Sumo, the venerable Gusoyama returned in a couple of games. Welcome back! I also noticed another name from ages past, Mysko, being listed in one of the games.

Incentive much? ;-)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Randomitsuki said:

I think that every player with 60+ points still has a chance of winning the title. 

50+ ;-)

Huzzah! It actually seems weird that this is the basho where I get the Green Mawashi, given that I was a loser in Bench and Sumo Game, and really had nothing going for me anywhere after the first few days. Even last basho I felt like I did a better job, but I had little to show for it.

I owe a lot of my points to my lack of faith in Kotokuzan (UDH, Non-Active in Norizo, 5 in Oracle). He couldn't help enough in Juryo Game, since my actual Juryo picks were poor.

I threw away some ISP points over the last 4 days picking underdogs I had zero belief in, trying to move from 2nd to 1st. The leader kept picking them too, blocking me, so I could've just picked the winners and not bothered with beating him on tiebreaker. Somehow I've been close to winning ISP in 4 of the last 7 basho, and still been pretty high up in the others. I think if I had an ISP yusho to my name already, I would've protected my points on the final day.

Similar story in Tippspiel. I gained the lead after day 13, then scored a 0. I went risky on day 15, trying to give myself a chance for the yusho, and it looked like a disaster until Kiribayama bailed me out to hold me in place.

Definitely can't complain about racking up nearly 60 points though! Pretty happy with that! (Jumpinginecstasy...)

• Like 1

On 23/05/2022 at 21:19, Randomitsuki said:

I have also updated the half-time standings of the 2022 World Championship. In contrast to recent years, we have no player who leads the standings light years ahead. Oskanohana (122.27) grabbed first place from Susanoo (109.81), but Andoreasu and Kaito are also already in triple digits. I think that every player with 60+ points still has a chance of winning the title. Among them are previous World Champions Norizo (7th), Joaoiyama (8th), Flohru (14th), and Pandaazuma (16th).

image.png.048a803546259fa9855a6edbe709e718.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

All I can say is Shoudai.  Without the rank. Only the abilities.