Sign in to follow this  
Jejima

Guess Hokutofuji's Aite - May 2022 edition

I'm also waiting for Gurowake

Day 15 - Kotoeko

Thanks to Sumo Spiffy for the the hint.

• Like 1

As a point of general interest, is it kosher to remind someone of an obviously wrong answer?

3 minutes ago, Seiyashi said:

As a point of general interest, is it kosher to remind someone of an obviously wrong answer?

As someone who was assisted in this once at the beginning of Hokutofuji as the target, I think it's fine.

Posted (edited)

15. Kagayaki

1019086347_Natsu2022Day15.png.ecd5532d1e0a0378fc42aab19ab6d387.png

Edited by Gurowake
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

I have to go out and won't be back before the deadline, so no more time to wait for @Gurowake.

15 Terutsuyoshi

32 minutes ago, Gurowake said:

15. Kagayaki

1019086347_Natsu2022Day15.png.ecd5532d1e0a0378fc42aab19ab6d387.png

Well, we agree on the 7 likely candidates ... which probably means they'll do something else entirely.

57 minutes ago, Seiyashi said:

When "obviously wrong" means "impossible." 

Posted (edited)
49 minutes ago, Reonito said:

When "obviously wrong" means "impossible." 

Like Okinoumi? (Laughing...)

(I've made that mistake before.)

Edited by Seiyashi
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Seiyashi said:

Like Okinoumi? (Laughing...)

(I've made that mistake before.)

exactly!

Well, I need to pick someone not picked by Reonito or Sakura. Luckily my first choice is still available.

Day 15 - Kotoeko

All reasonable options in my opinion.

Posted (edited)

OH NO! I just realized Endo is 6-7, not 5-8, which blows up my entire logic for picking Meisei. :( I didn't realize they were both still fighting for a KK. But I don't want to be a jerk and straight swipe someone else's, so I'll do the randomizer too of the ones I would have considered before reading other people's answers, and if it's one of the others, too bad for me.

15. Kotoeko

day 15 booboo.png

Edited by Sumo Spiffy

11 minutes ago, Sumo Spiffy said:

OH NO! I just realized Endo is 6-7, not 5-8, which blows up my entire logic for picking Meisei. :( I didn't realize they were both still fighting for a KK. But I don't want to be a jerk and straight swipe someone else's, so I'll do the randomizer too of the ones I would have considered before reading other people's answers, and if it's one of the others, too bad for me.

15. Kotoeko

day 15 booboo.png

What if I told you I reloaded the random.org page until it gave me the result I wanted?

• Haha 3

Posted (edited)
37 minutes ago, Gurowake said:

What if I told you I reloaded the random.org page until it gave me the result I wanted?

I mean, I can't catch you, so it doesn't matter to me. If you're making the point that I could have done the same thing? I genuinely rolled it, but if this seems like bad juju, I'll keep the Meisei pick. I overlooked the detail that made me want to switch. I'd rather take the consequences of that than look like a hypercompetitive, untrustworthy jackass.

Edit: If it matters/helps, here's my entire thought process:

I picked Meisei because I figured if they'll give him one opponent who's already MK, they'll give him another. Checking things later for a different reason, I saw Endo was 6-7, which kills that logic. So, I looked at the MK opponents who aren't too low, because I don't think they'll give him someone at Azumaryu's rank or below (I know they could, I just don't think they will). Those are the four in the screenshot. It wouldn't have occurred to me to go to random.org and snip it without seeing it here, but once I did, that seemed like the fairest way to change picks.

If that still seems sketch for whatever reason (I won't take it personally; it's entirely possible others have done similar-looking things and actually been sneaky pricks, in which case I wouldn't blame you for being suspicious), I have no issue with my first pick being the official one.

Edited by Sumo Spiffy
clarification

1 hour ago, Chartorenji said:

15....don't see why it shouldn't be Terutsuyoshi

Perhaps, but even with the final torikumi being published very late, the deadline 11:30am JST still applies, so...

3 hours ago, Jakusotsu said:

Perhaps, but even with the final torikumi being published very late, the deadline 11:30am JST still applies, so...

man I've been off all basho. At least I got my 8 wins lmao. Gonna shoot for them double digits next times 

Who will Terunofuji face on senshuraku? I am starting to think it might be Sadanoumi - although he is the obvious opponent for Takanosho....

Surely, the yusho can't potentially be decided by the Yokozuna defeating an already MK Ozeki?

Final results:

Two strikes in a row by the evil Kyokai leave the leader Gurowake unchallenged in the end. Congratulations for a commanding yusho, along with the crucial ginosho! (Applauding...)

Gurowake (YOw) 13-2
Sakura (Y1e) 12-3
Reonito (YOe) 12-3
Oshirokita (S1e) 11-4
Profomisakari (M1e) 11-4
Sumo Spiffy (mz) 10-5
Hakuhonofan (K1e) 9-5-1
WAKATAKE (M2w) 9-5-1
Jakusotsu (S1w) 8-7
Seiyashi (M2e) 8-7
Chartorenji (M4w) 8-2-5
Jejima (M3e) 7-8
shimodahito (M1w) 4-4-7
The Kyokai (M3e) 2-13
Ryoshishokunin (M3w) 1-0-14
Andonishiki (K1w) intai

Hokutofuji's aites: 1. Wakatakakage, 2. Abi, 3. Hoshoryu, 4. Onosho, 5. Terunofuji, 6. Mitakeumi, 7. Shodai, 8. Kiribayama, 9. Kotonowaka, 10. Takakeisho, 11. Takayasu, 12. Endo, 13. Takarafuji, 14. Nishikigi, 15. Oho

Yusho:
Gurowake (YOw) 13-2 (Yushowinner...)

Jun-Yusho:
Sakura (Y1e) 12-3
Reonito (YOe) 12-3

Shukunsho:
Gurowake (YOw)    13
Sakura (Y1e)    9
Reonito (YOe)    9
Oshirokita (S1e)    7
Profomisakari (M1e)    5
Seiyashi (M2e)    4
Sumo Spiffy (mz)    4
Jakusotsu (S1w)    3
Hakuhonofan (K1e)    3
WAKATAKE (M2w)    3
Jejima (M3e)    3
Chartorenji (M4w)    3

Kantosho:
Sakura (Y1e)    2
Reonito (YOe)    2
Gurowake (YOw)    2
Oshirokita (S1e)    2
Hakuhonofan (K1e)    2
Profomisakari (M1e)    2
Seiyashi (M2e)    2
WAKATAKE (M2w)    2
Chartorenji (M4w)    2
Sumo Spiffy (mz)    2

Jakusotsu (S1w)    4
Jejima (M3e)    4

Ginosho:
Gurowake (YOw)    3

• Thanks 1

Hmm, I see now that Oho wasn't even part of Gurowake's huge randomizer ballot . . .

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Jakusotsu said:

Hmm, I see now that Oho wasn't even part of Gurowake's huge randomizer ballot . . .

I knew that was a possibility.  I picked all the MK rikishi he hadn't faced yet, but I wouldn't know which rikishi went MK on Day 14.  I could have included all the 7-loss rikishi, but I'd have had to weight them a lower probability.  I suppose that could have been done by listing the 7-loss rikishi once and the MK rikishi twice in the list, but I really didn't want to put in that much work because I knew there was little chance to be right regardless of what happened.

Edited by Gurowake

Thanks for the competition! Sorry if I caused any sort of kerfuffle on the last day. This really has been helpful for thinking about the structure of the competition, which I'm a huge nerd for, and a lot of fun. I'm glad it exists.

• Like 2