Kintamayama

Sandanme 100 tsukedashi ? Not anymore..

Posted (edited)

It's going to be Sandanme 90 from this basho. The first one to be ranked there will be Nishonoseki's new recruit Kayou.

Edited by Kintamayama
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 3

Does that mean Sandanme will be capped at 90?

Posted (edited)
24 minutes ago, Jakusotsu said:

Does that mean Sandanme will be capped at 90?

Yes, due to the declining number of rikishi at the moment, Sandanme will end at 90 for the first time since 1983 Kyushu. Shibatayama mentioned the possibility of reducing it to 80 in the future if necessary.

Edited by Yubinhaad
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 1

ok, now that it's confirmed by other forum members ...

Gotta say : a weird news ... coming April 1st (in the middle of Pacific ,so mid-day 3/31 around the world) ... un-sourced when you tend to post links when available ... I was kinda sceptical :-)

54 minutes ago, Oortael said:

ok, now that it's confirmed by other forum members ...

Gotta say : a weird news ... coming April 1st (in the middle of Pacific ,so mid-day 3/31 around the world) ... un-sourced when you tend to post links when available ... I was kinda sceptical :-)

Naw, he's saving the real ridiculousness for April fool's day - Makushita 15 tsukedashi getting moved to Makushita 5!!

2 hours ago, Yubinhaad said:

Yes, due to the declining number of rikishi at the moment, Sandanme will end at 90 for the first time since 1983 Kyushu. Shibatayama mentioned the possibility of reducing it to 80 in the future if necessary.

A telling sign as of now I guess. Wonder how the JSA plan on getting these numbers back up 

1 hour ago, Chartorenji said:

A telling sign as of now I guess. Wonder how the JSA plan on getting these numbers back up 

Sorry for asking a dumb question, but does the NSK make money from having more "unsalaried" rikishi?  They still pay them a nominal allowance, and the rikishi get room and board, etc.  What extra income do they make by adding another wrestler?

1 hour ago, Tsuchinoninjin said:

Naw, he's saving the real ridiculousness for April fool's day - Makushita 15 tsukedashi getting moved to Makushita 5!!

5!! is much larger than the number of Makushita rikishi. 

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Gurowake said:

5!! is much larger than the number of Makushita rikishi. 

Good lord. Probably much larger than the amount of humans that have ever lived, too.

For those who don't know what this is;

5!=5*4*3*2*1=120

(5!)!=120*119*118*117*116*115*114... you get the picture.

1 hour ago, shumitto said:

That is the one I translated in the original post on this thread. I don't get the strange skepticism voiced over my post. I never post April Fool's jokes. I am a serious person. And for a joke, it's pretty lame. I mean, Sandanme 100 to 90. Hahahahaha, really funny and complex April fools' prank..

Everybody hates me.

• Haha 11

3 hours ago, Koorifuu said:

Good lord. Probably much larger than the amount of humans that have ever lived, too.

By many orders of magnitude. It's much larger than the number of atoms in the known universe.

• Thanks 1

Interesting.  Here's a group of people who share a relatively obscure and wonkish passion for traditional Japanese wrestling, and when they get off on a tangent it's about the vastness of factorial numbers.  Who could resist joining this Forum now?(Laughing...)

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

At least the not-so-occasional tangents are the products of intelligent minds, the kind that are attracted to this Forum.  I haven't detected any dum-dums on this Forum, though there may be some like me who are less learned.  Speaking of tangents, I guess I've just gone off on another one.

• Like 3

19 hours ago, Kintamayama said:

That is the one I translated in the original post on this thread. I don't get the strange skepticism voiced over my post. I never post April Fool's jokes. I am a serious person. And for a joke, it's pretty lame. I mean, Sandanme 100 to 90. Hahahahaha, really funny and complex April fools' prank...

I have to admit this one is better...  https://tachiai.org/2022/04/01/nsk-mulls-promotion-rule-changes/

• Like 1
  • Haha 3