I can't find it on my usual source for podcasts....

• Like 1

It can take a couple days for feeds to sync across services. Will definitely be subscribing when it shows up in Overcast!

14 hours ago, Kintamayama said:

I did make a podcast, since everyone that has a microphone seems to be doing it lately, and since I have a microphone..well.. Haru basho obvious observations and wild guesses, and a lot of hindsight.

https://open.spotify.com/show/6bWYCjOaQjpc0b4ANIKteX

Oh I am VERY much looking forward to this on my drive home.

12 hours ago, Jejima said:

For now it's on Spotify and Anchor.

I've thought of doing a sumo podcast of my own ramblings, but then I'd have to reveal what I sound like to you all.

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Eikokurai said:

I've thought of doing a sumo podcast of my own ramblings, but then I'd have to reveal what I sound like to you all.

Can't be half as bad as the Chinese commentator on the sumo live stream at qq.com with the permanent coughing back then. B-)

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
17 hours ago, Jakusotsu said:

Can't be half as bad as the Chinese commentator on the sumo live stream at qq.com with the permanent coughing back then. B-)

Thank god for VPNs and the decent streams this gives me access to.

Edited by Eikokurai

Loved this thank you. I think you forgot Tamawashi from the list of forgettables ;-)

9 minutes ago, Octofuji said:

Loved this thank you. I think you forgot Tamawashi from the list of forgettables ;-)

I also forgot Ounoshou. Tamawashi isn't one of the forgettables, but at my age, even I am a solid forgettable.

• Like 1

Pardon my ignorance but can such a thing as a podcast be actually downloaded in, let's say, mp3 and put into an offline device? I don't use Spotify and I've never really understood what makes a podcast different from a "normal" audio recording. (A phonograph cylinder or a stone tablet would be even better, of course. I've somehow missed the advent of the new century in this respect…)

On 29/03/2022 at 14:25, Jejima said:

That's where I get mine from - but I have not found it there.... yet!

I will keep checking over the next couple of days.

Still not showing up....

38 minutes ago, Jejima said:

Still not showing up....

It’s been there for me, region locked maybe??

I have downloaded it from Apple Podcasts in the US without any issue. 

On 29/03/2022 at 09:25, Jejima said:

That's where I get mine from - but I have not found it there.... yet!

I will keep checking over the next couple of days.

I'm in US; I clicked on the link and got sent to his podcast page, and just played it (w/o signing into anything as far as I know).

7 hours ago, Yaochozuna said:

Pardon my ignorance but can such a thing as a podcast be actually downloaded in, let's say, mp3 and put into an offline device? I don't use Spotify and I've never really understood what makes a podcast different from a "normal" audio recording. (A phonograph cylinder or a stone tablet would be even better, of course. I've somehow missed the advent of the new century in this respect…)

What makes a podcast different from any normal audio recording of a conversation or show is that  the provider of the podcast can show ads to the viewer / claim revenue through ad streams / promote other revenue-earning products while the podcast is being streamed on their service. If the viewer can download the podcast, the provider has to give the same amount of server time for almost no revenue.

Youtube figured this out in the early 2010s - I remember pre-loading entire multi-hour youtube videos to watch offline on long car trips. One day they removed this feature, claiming they had moved to a faster and more stable video player (in reality, it only made it possible to schedule ads mid-stream and impossible to load more than 45 seconds).

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
On 28/03/2022 at 21:50, Jejima said:

I know for sure it's on Apple and Google in addition to Spotify. It's on my  YouTube channel as well. The next one will feature photos on the YouTube version and only audio on the others, of course and it  will feature my take on who will be the next Yokozuna. Stay tuned. 

Edited by Kintamayama
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Kintamayama said:

of course and it  will feature my take on who will be the next Yokozuna. Stay tuned. 

If that's not a cliffhanger, I don't know what is. :-)

3 minutes ago, Athenayama said:

If that's not a cliffhanger, I don't know what is. :-)

Oh, I can tell you. Ura.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, Kintamayama said:

Oh, I can tell you. Ura.

Don't spoil it, I want to hear the podcast!

Edit : I know you were probably joking. That said, I have difficulty seeing Ura as a "Y" in any future.

Edited by Athenayama