Jakusotsu

Happy 60th Birthday, Akinomaki!

Happy Birthday. Akinomaki!!  There are many people who contribute to the greatness of this forum, and one of the greatest is you!  Happy 60th and wishing you many more!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

When's the kanreki dohyō-iri scheduled for?

Edited by Katooshu
  • Like 5

Happy birthday and hearty salutations from the Swami!

Swami

• Thanks 1

Die allerherzlichsten Glückwünsche auch von mir (Holidayfeeling...) und besonderen Dank für den unermüdlichen Beitrag an Content hier im Forum (Signofapproval...)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Happy Birthday and thanks for all you do around here! Much appreciated. 

• Thanks 1

Many thanks for your knowledge and institutional memory, and your willingness to help others on the Forum.

• Thanks 1

Happy birthday Akinomaki! You're the one where we get our daily dose of sumo from :-)

• Thanks 1

Happy birthday Akinomaki(Holidayfeeling...)

60? Gosh thats old.(Anotheryearolder...)

I hope you got everything you wanted or at least a box to keep it in. 

• Thanks 1

As someone not much more than a third of your age, I am indebted to those who still frequent the forum and share their knowledge after decades of following this sport.

Hope you had a satisfying birthday!

• Thanks 1

Many thanks or the good wishes. I skipped my daily dose of sumo yesterday, but I'll gambarize to have it continue well into the next life cycle. Double kanreki is not that easy to achieve, but in Japan the 120 age year old will likely be on the rise in the future - aiming for that is at least a nice goal.

On 03/03/2022 at 08:08, Katooshu said:

When's the kanreki dohyō-iri scheduled for?

Preparations are under way, unfortunately I have no deshi for kuukido sumo yet and as hitori yokozuna in that non-sport, I think I'll do it alone in fresh air on my balcony, so it will be weather dependent. I'll post the video on my kuukido channel. Based on shiranui style of course.

My Ichinojo kesho mawashi towel would allow just enough movement for a shiko stamp, but in kuukido sumo both feet have to always stay flat on the ground, else you lose, so the dohyo-iri style should be accordingly.

You can fix it around your waist:

On 06/04/2016 at 17:10, Akinomaki said:

With a series of new baby-star ramen CMs by Ichinojo, also a campaign with it: this time a kesho-mawashi style towel can be won https://www.oyatsu.co.jp/campaign/ichinojo3/

img_goods.png

apparently I missed at least one former campaign

On 05/03/2015 at 20:16, Akinomaki said:

Ichinojo got 2 new kesho mawashi from Oyatsu Co., for which he made a baby star ramen "dodekai (giant) ramen" CM recently.

One like a baby star ramen CM, one like a kesho mawashi.

He apparently likes the one with the "ba(b)y-chan" character: "a resemblance, maybe?"

sp-ta-itinojo150305-w500_0.jpg

• Like 4

I am late here but, Happy birthday Akinomaki!
Thank for always being around and sharing stuff! As a new sumo fan you have been invaluable for me for keeping me up to speed!

• Thanks 1