Sign in to follow this  
Jejima

Guess Hokutofuji's Aite - March 2022 edition

Taking a huge risk (especially as the database is down) to spice things up a bit.

7 Onosho

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, Sakura said:

7 Takayasu

I just redid the torikumi with Terunofuji out and I still get Takayasu, but I'd love to hear the logic for Onosho had Terunofuji stayed in.

Edited by Reonito

Well, I was going to take advantage of my time zone and the news of Terunofuji withdrawal to change my pick, but nobody else seems to have done so and Takayasu is still a likely pick, therefore I will not change my pick.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Reonito said:

I just redid the torikumi with Terunofuji out and I still get Takayasu, but I'd love to hear the logic for Onosho had Terunofuji stayed in.

I think there was a possibility that one of the 2 Day 7 sanyaku pairings might have been Mitakeumi-Abi thus freeing Onosho for a lower rank aite. 

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, Reonito said:

Basically gambling on a different set of intra-sanyaku picks that gave Onosho instead of Takayasu. I'm just glad that I checked the rikishi status thread.

Edited by Sakura
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Oshirokita said:

I think there was a possibility that one of the 2 Day 7 sanyaku pairings might have been Mitakeumi-Abi thus freeing Onosho for a lower rank aite. 

I think I had Daieisho-Onosho on my original draft torikumi, but I've now erased and redone it so many times, with the db down, that it's a little hard to tell (Scratchingchin...)

4 minutes ago, Reonito said:

I think I had Daieisho-Onosho on my original draft torikumi, but I've now erased and redone it so many times, with the db down, that it's a little hard to tell (Scratchingchin...)

That sounds right. On the 2 intra-sanyaku matchups that led to Hokutofuji-Takayasu I also had Daieisho-Onosho.

12 minutes ago, Sakura said:

Basically gambling on a different set of intra-sanyaku picks that gave Onosho instead of Takayasu. I'm just glad that I checked the rikishi status thread.

The change to daylight savings makes the deadline an hour later for me, making it more likely I see news like that in time.

15 minutes ago, Reonito said:

Sumo Ref back up. At least for now.

• Thanks 1

Did Terunofuji pull out on purpose to save his fellow Yokozuna Sakura from defeat? ;-)

Sakura (Y1e) 7-0
Reonito (YOw) 7-0
Oshirokita (S1e) 6-1
Hakuhonofan (S1w) 5-1-1
Jakusotsu (K1e) 5-2
shimodahito (M1e) 5-1-1
Andonishiki (M4w) 5-1-1
Profomisakari (K1w) 4-3
Seiyashi (M2w) 4-3
Chartorenji (mz) 4-3
Jejima (M1w) 3-4
WAKATAKE (M2e) 3-2-2
Ryoshishokunin (M3w) 0-0-7
sahaven111 (M4e) 0-0-7
The Kyokai (M3e) 0-7
Gurowake (YOe) kosho

Hokutofuji's aites: 1. Kotonowaka, 2. Ishiura, 3. Takarafuji, 4. Chiyoshoma, 5. Sadanoumi, 6. Endo, 7. Takayasu

Another even-day trap, another miss:

Day 8 - Wakamotoharu

Looks like I'm the only one failing to see why the same even-day logic as with the M8-M10 bouts shouldn't apply to Hokutofuji and Takayasu as well . . . I give up.

Sakura (Y1e) 8-0
Reonito (YOw) 8-0
Oshirokita (S1e) 7-1
Hakuhonofan (S1w) 6-1-1
shimodahito (M1e) 6-1-1
Andonishiki (M4w) 6-1-1
Jakusotsu (K1e) 5-3
Profomisakari (K1w) 5-3
Seiyashi (M2w) 5-3
WAKATAKE (M2e) 4-2-2
Chartorenji (mz) 4-3-1
Jejima (M1w) 3-5
Ryoshishokunin (M3w) 0-0-8
sahaven111 (M4e) 0-0-8
The Kyokai (M3e) 0-8
Gurowake (YOe) kosho

Hokutofuji's aites: 1. Kotonowaka, 2. Ishiura, 3. Takarafuji, 4. Chiyoshoma, 5. Sadanoumi, 6. Endo, 7. Takayasu, 8. Tobizaru