Yamanashi

Narutobeya happenings

Recommended Posts

An employee of the company Tenten was ordered by his boss, an old friend of Naruto, to train at the heya

Edited by Akinomaki
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

18:20-18:50 you just have to love Naruto :-D

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Day 7 of Aki was truly bittersweet for Narutobeya.  The heya goes 7-1, with Oshoumi, Anzai and Oyamada 4-0 and kachi-koshi.  The lone loss, alas, was Oshoma, losing to Daiamami to go 2-5; after perhaps an injury earlier in the basho, he is fighting to stay in Juryo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Day 10 of Aki: Co-leaders in Sandanme, Jonidan and Jonokuchi.  Oshoma making a comeback in Juryo.  Meanwhile, in Makushita ... net 6-9 with Mishima out.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oshoumi once again proving he deserves to be upper makushita at least, bulldozing everyone on his way to that 7-0 sandanme yusho and ensuring his disappointment from 2 months ago was quickly compensated for. Looking forward to Kyushu.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Koorifuu said:

Oshoumi once again proving he deserves to be upper makushita at least, bulldozing everyone on his way to that 7-0 sandanme yusho and ensuring his disappointment from 2 months ago was quickly compensated for. Looking forward to Kyushu.

He seems to be on a mission.  Really, his career has been amazing when not injured.  In his nine basho without a fusen he's scored 51-9 without an MK.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If only Oshoryu was doing as good in upper makushita as Oshoumi is in sandanme, maybe Naruto-beya would have 2 sekitori :( kinda sad that Oshoryu missed on a KK.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Kaitetsu said:

If only Oshoryu was doing as good in upper makushita as Oshoumi is in sandanme, maybe Naruto-beya would have 2 sekitori :( kinda sad that Oshoryu missed on a KK.

This MK is particularly bitter when we consider that he was 3-1 last time when forced out.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Kaitetsu said:

If only Oshoryu was doing as good in upper makushita as Oshoumi is in sandanme, maybe Naruto-beya would have 2 sekitori :( kinda sad that Oshoryu missed on a KK.

Well, yeah, and vice versa!  Oshoryu won the Sandanme Yusho at Kyushu 2019 as part of his 24-0 start.  That Yusho rocketed him up from Sd21 to Ms14, and unfortunately he wasn't a mirror image of his Oyakata; the Makushita Grinder seems to be a wall for him (like countless others).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Naruto-beya had the post-basho party with the supporters to celebrate Oshoma's first Juryo kachi-koshi and Oshoumi's Sandanme yusho and probably just how well the stable went this basho, only 4-5 rikishi from 16 went make-koshi.

rNpN7IH.jpg

 

Oshoma giving a speech.

KRm5l67.jpg

 

And Oshoma posing with his kesho-mawashi.

kcUDZWR.jpg

 

On Instagram, Naruto-oyakata thanked the fierce support from fans and expressed how happy he is to have had a supporters party after a long while.

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Kaitetsu said:

Naruto-beya had the post-basho party with the supporters to celebrate Oshoma's first Juryo kachi-koshi and Oshoumi's Sandanme yusho and probably just how well the stable went this basho, only 4-5 rikishi from 16 went make-koshi.

My best guess at a listing:

Front Row L-R: Gyoji Koumei, Oyamada, Honma, Kawamura, Oshoma, Naruto Oyakata, Okamisan (Ando Asako), Yamane, Oshozan, Murayama, Hoshuzan.

Back Row L-R: Mgr. Okuyama Shota (ex-Kotofukujuno), Mishima, Kanazawa, Anzai, Oshoumi, Mukaida, Hokuozan, Marusho, Oshoryu, Mgr. Daigo Emoto (ex-Kotodaishin), Tokoyama Yukao, Yobidashi Kenta.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Active Rikishi Status after Aki: current rank, record, expected rank for Kyushu.

Oshoma J13e 8-7 J11

Oshoryu Ms10w 3-4 Ms15

Hoshuzan Ms35w 3-4 Ms42

Mishima Ms38w 1-4-2 Sd 7

Murayama Sd32w 4-3 Sd18

Mukaida Sd45w 2-5 Sd70

Oshoumi Sd78e 7-0 Ms50

marusho Sd74w 6-1 Sd18

Honma Sd63w 2-5 Sd88

Kawamura Sd75w 5-2 Sd41

Sakurai Sd81w 5-2 Sd48

Anzai Jd29e 5-2 Sd92

Kanazawa Jd80e 5-2 Jd35

Oshozan Jd92e 6-1 Jd15

Oyamada Jk9 6-1 Jd50

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oshoumi can do it all and is easily sekitori material if he stays healthy. I have been impressed with him from the start and he showed his talent in rocketing to Ms7, as well as in blasting out prospects Kazekeno and Wakanosho this basho. At 21 he's still very young and has plenty of time to work his way back up, and I hope his injury problems are behind him now.

Edited by Katooshu
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hmm . . . I wonder how Kintamayama is reading "Oshoumi" . . . (Beingthrowntomatoesat...)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 28/09/2022 at 06:46, Jakusotsu said:

Hmm . . . I wonder how Kintamayama is reading "Oshoumi" . . . (Beingthrowntomatoesat...)

Oh, show me...

EDIT TWO DAYS LATER:
Weeeell, this sure fell flat.

Edited by Koorifuu

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Seiyashi said:

Oushouumi, why? 

Can confirm -- he's in the Lower Division Celebs list.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm a bit surprised that, given that Hokuozan has been working out to a certain extent, that he wasn't even activated for a Ryuden bout - despite the beya's policy of sparing injured bodies. At 25, this is going to be almost impossible to come back from.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 30/09/2022 at 09:11, Koorifuu said:

I'm a bit surprised that, given that Hokuozan has been working out to a certain extent, that he wasn't even activated for a Ryuden bout - despite the beya's policy of sparing injured bodies. At 25, this is going to be almost impossible to come back from.

Hot off the presses (Narutobeya Twitter):

 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Yamanashi said:

Hot off the presses (Narutobeya Twitter):

This would've spelt bad news for the Kyushu maezumo folk... if there were any.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Koorifuu said:

This would've spelt bad news for the Kyushu maezumo folk... if there were any.

One so far

On 24/08/2022 at 15:24, Akinomaki said:

Bilguun Tsogoo (19/180/144) for Oshiogawa graduated in March from Kibogaoka high school in Fukuoka. He started to live in the heya in February for the 6 months kenshu period and after getting the visa, plans to have his dohyo debut in his 2nd home in Fukuoka at the Kyushu basho.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As described elsewhere, the third Naruto cup was held in Karatsu City, Saga prefecture, the lodging for the heya during Kyushu basho.  Present along with the Oyakats were Oshōma, Marusho, Oshoumi, Oshozan, and gyoji Komei [I guess the other O, yamada, couldn't make it.]  As you can see Shikimori Komei got some practice overseeing a few bouts.

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Narutobeya has apparently negotiated with the group that runs the Gate Hotel chain to provide group trips to observe morning training at Narutobeya: from either the Asakusa Kaminarimon (3/4 mile walk across the bridge) or the Ryogoku (next to you-know-what and about 2 miles from the heya).  More info is promised shortly.

 

EDIT: Event plan through the concierge for dates 10/21 - 10/26.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CjfRh4dug9l/

 

Edited by Yamanashi
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Yamanashi said:

Narutobeya has apparently negotiated with the group that runs the Gate Hotel chain to provide group trips to observe morning training at Narutobeya: from either the Asakusa Kaminarimon (3/4 mile walk across the bridge) or the Ryogoku (next to you-know-what and about 2 miles from the heya).  More info is promised shortly.

 

EDIT: Event plan through the concierge for dates 10/21 - 10/26.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CjfRh4dug9l/

 

Also, apparently the hotels are gonna serve Naruto-beya chanko

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now