Sign in to follow this  
Tochinoumi

34th Shikimori Inosuke passed away

On 4th January, the 34th Shikimori Inosuke passed away after loosing his fight against liver cancer. He was 80 years old and member of Futagoyama-beya, later Takanohana-beya. He was ranked as Tate-gyoji for only one tournament (Hatsu basho 2006) and was known under the name Kimura Mitsunosuke before. In my opinion, his voice was the most spectacular ever, heared in the ring. The "Nokotta" was a famous sound in my childhood. The last fight he guided was Hakuho vs Kotooshu on the final day of Hatsu basho 2006. For almost 100 years, he was the only Tate-gyoji that never judged a yokozuna-fight.

I put a sample of his impressive and powerful voiceon YT years ago:

• Thanks 2
  • Sad 3

Yeah, i remember that voice very well. Good old Eurosport times.

14 hours ago, Tochinoumi said:

On 4th January, the 34th Shikimori Inosuke passed away after loosing his fight against liver cancer. He was 80 years old and member of Futagoyama-beya, later Takanohana-beya. He was ranked as Tate-gyoji for only one tournament (Hatsu basho 2006) and was known under the name Kimura Mitsunosuke before. In my opinion, his voice was the most spectacular ever, heared in the ring. The "Nokotta" was a famous sound in my childhood. The last fight he guided was Hakuho vs Kotooshu on the final day of Hatsu basho 2006. For almost 100 years, he was the only Tate-gyoji that never judged a yokozuna-fight.

I put a sample of his impressive and powerful voiceon YT years ago:

He is not on this picture anymore!