Sign in to follow this  
Kintamayama

Kyokushuuhou retires

Makushita 1E Mongolian Kyokushuuhou has announced his retirement.

Edited by Kintamayama
  • Thanks 11

I fondly remember the well-staffed "Future Yokozuna Kyokushuho bandwagon" here on the forum (any of these members still active btw?). Many had high hopes for him, but his journey up the ranks ended at Maegashira 4. Sure enough, his sekitori career can be labelled a success overall, but I would have expected at least one Sanyaku appearance. As far as we know, he hasn't acquired Japanese citizenship and will leave the NSK. Good luck to him!

• Like 1

His body looked to became a wreck at a much faster rate than most, and he'd clearly been a shadow of himself lately. I wasn't a part of the future yokozuna group, but considering how good he looked when rising up the ranks, it was easy to understand why people had exceptional hopes.

Fair play to him for knowing that was it for his sekitorihood and taking this tough decision. All the best to him.

He was in his prime when I first started watching in 2015. Seemed like an easy going guy in the Kyokutaisei documentary.

3 hours ago, Katooshu said:

Seemed like an easy going guy in the Kyokutaisei documentary.

I thought so too. Looked like a good ani-deshi at any rate.

I wonder if -taisei is going to be following him...

On 21/01/2022 at 19:19, Koorifuu said:

His body looked to became a wreck at a much faster rate than most, and he'd clearly been a shadow of himself lately. I wasn't a part of the future yokozuna group, but considering how good he looked when rising up the ranks, it was easy to understand why people had exceptional hopes.

Fair play to him for knowing that was it for his sekitorihood and taking this tough decision. All the best to him.

I guess it was back in  2008/2009 that his body gave the first signs that things weren't that well. I remember when he withdrew without a single win  and he never showed his previous tachiai explosion afterwards. By the time he'd reached Makuuchi he was too spent already to be much of a factor.  He was wise, though, to get many more paychecks than it looked possible by using his quickly diminishing skills the best way he could.