Sign in to follow this  
Rijicho

Featured rikishi - Wakanosato

More trivia - he is my sumo twin brother - we both have the a birthmark in the same place - top of the hamstring left leg

Well this is two years old now, but the first time I have read this.

I guess I am the evil twin...since I have the same birthmark, except mine is on the top right hamstring, instead of the left.

Guest DRiFTLUX-SHiNGO

Wakanosato used ot be my NUMBER 1 favorite wrestler hes cool!!

Wakanosato is one of my favorite Rikishi and I hope he will come back to sanyaku this year.

3. "His problem is his mind, he's not aggressive, he doesn't want to hurt his opponents..." That's what Naruto Oyakata told me when I was leaving on the last day of the training camp there.

He's tried for a long time now to force Wakanosato to do a strong harizashi - hit an opponent hard in the face at the tachiai, then get a hold of the mawashi - to really hurt the opponent and then destroy him, but he doesn't wanna do it. He just doesn't have the heart.

"If he'd have a different mindset, if he'd be aggressive like Asashouryuu, he'd already be a Yokodzuna by now." He's got the power, and immense strength. But he's not aggressive. So it's uncertain whether he'll make Oozeki.

That certainly explains a lot about his inability to advance beyond Sekiwake.

Thanks for this insightful post ShiroiKuma.

Maybe I have s soft spot for the "gentler" rikishi, ones who emphasize technique and pure power rather than violence. By violence I mean harite, the rougher forms of tsuppari and the nodo-wa. Along with Wakanosato I remember others like him from the past such as Mitoizumi, Kushimaumi and Takanonami. They always preferred to use clean nage techniques and powerful yotsu-zumo rather than violent ones. It's certainly more pleasing to the eye to watch a well executed throw than to watch slapping and neck thrusts. It's a matter of taste perhaps, but I always think of guys like Wakanosato (or Takamisakari) as 1 of the "good guys".

(In a state of confusion...) Unfortunate, I had hoped he will be on the way back to Sanyaku, but now ist injured and he will fall down to the end of Maegashira.

Does anyone have any more info on Waka's newest injury a la Ama? Don't worry Tikozan: if he is fully recovered in time for Aki he will sweep up the lower megae- like crumbs >>> 12-3 in Aki!!!