Sign in to follow this  
Rocks

Games Talk Kyushu2021

Monster night in Roto. 2/3s of the field over 100. Could take some high scores to get some points this basho. 

I had a pretty excellent day 1 in every game. Took a nice lead in Odd and won everywhere, including defeating a 10-man GBL by Doitsuyama Rule. (Oncloudnine...)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kaito said:

I had a pretty excellent day 1 in every game. Took a nice lead in Odd and won everywhere, including defeating a 10-man GBL by Doitsuyama Rule. (Oncloudnine...)

And in all likelihood you have the lead in the Kyushu Masters Series after Day 1 (close to 50 points, but I am waiting for the results from two more games).

2 hours ago, Kaito said:

...including defeating a 10-man GBL by Doitsuyama Rule. 

Which is actually a first.

We had four 10-10 clashes before, but never with identical teams.

I need to see a sports psychologist about my Chain Gang performance. I must subconsciously want to lose.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Kaito said:

I need to see a sports psychologist about my Chain Gang performance. I must subconsciously want to lose.

I'm just the opposite. I think the rikishi somehow knows I picked him and loses no matter how good they looked the day before. 

• Haha 2

23 to win in Toto.  That seems pretty high.

1 hour ago, Rocks said:

23 to win in Toto.  That seems pretty high.

I thought my 22 was more than enough, pretty much everyone had a good read on yesterday.

Also reflected by the fact that all 24 remaining players in ChainGang scored a hit.

• Like 2

I have not checked but I'm almost sure today set a new all time record for wins in Odd Sumo. In total 614,6 Ante net had to be paid out to the gamers. 28 winning bets with Gernobono and Sukubidubidu on top with 100+ Ante net both. Impressive  (Iamnotworthy...)

Ganzohnesushi

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ganzohnesushi said:

I have not checked but I'm almost sure today set a new all time record for wins in Odd Sumo. In total 614,6 Ante net had to be paid out to the gamers. 28 winning bets with Gernobono and Sukubidubidu on top with 100+ Ante net both. Impressive  (Iamnotworthy...)

Ganzohnesushi

And what a fine time for it to happen...

I knew it was trouble when I saw those Hoshoryu and Shimanoumi odds. I would've hit a bigger bet too if I weren't leading.

Pretty miserable day for me. In each game (Toto, Quad, TTT, S-G) I made one close, wrong decision that cost me. I had them all in my hands, and the right picks seem kind of obvious, but I blew it. I'll settle for winning any yusho at this point.

1 hour ago, Ganzohnesushi said:

Ganzohnesushi

Aki 2020, Day 8? (Whistling...)

1 hour ago, Jejima said:

Aki 2020, Day 8? (Whistling...)

I know you set the all time record for a single bet then, but in total the net payout was clearly below 600 Ante. Only 18 winning bets were not enough.

Ganzohnesushi

Edited by Ganzohnesushi
typo

10 minutes ago, Ganzohnesushi said:

I know you set the all time record for a single bet then, but in total the net payout was clearly below 600 Ante. Only 18 winning bets were not enough.

Ganzohnesushi

I added them up roughly, and it seemed to be over 614.6 (I can't remember exactly, but close to 630, I believe).

So, not just mine, but all together for that day - but I did contribute to about 50% or so. (Whistling...)

2 minutes ago, Jejima said:

I added them up roughly, and it seemed to be over 614.6 (I can't remember exactly, but close to 630, I believe).

So, not just mine, but all together for that day - but I did contribute to about 50% or so. (Whistling...)

You forgot to deduct the 89 Ante which were lost by the losing bets. I was talking about net payout.

Ganzohnesushi

Edited by Ganzohnesushi

1 minute ago, Ganzohnesushi said:

You forgot to deduct the 89 Ante which were lost by the losing bets. I was talking about net payout.

Ganzohnesushi

My mistake.

I misunderstood the meaning of 'ante had to be paid out'. 

But, at least I had the opportunity to relive my past glory. 

I found a lot of stats pages that I did not know existed for Odd Sumo, including this one. Which clearly suggests that gambling on sumo is a mugs game - unless you really are an expert of sumo! 

Edited by Jejima

image.thumb.png.37b4c6e0d80aaf0673f5eecd2961b2e5.png

This list shows the top 20 winning bets of all time. Amazing performance by Jejima and even more by Gernobono who entered this list 6 times.

Ganzohnesushi

Edited by Ganzohnesushi
typo

6 minutes ago, Jejima said:

I found a lot of stats pages that I did not know existed for Odd Sumo, including this one. Which clearly suggests that gambling on sumo is a mugs game - unless you really are an expert of sumo! 

Golynohana has a lot of these stats pages for Odd Sumo, Oracle and Quad. I hope some day he will make it available for SalaryCap also.

Ganzohnesushi

I definitely did a few fist pumps over Odd Sumo last night. Hope the lead holds up this time!

2 hours ago, Kaito said:

I definitely did a few fist pumps over Odd Sumo last night.

I had a look at your picks for day 7 now, and I'm pretty sure even I couldn't stomach the necessary amount of beer.  (Cheers...)

• Haha 1

Getting the win against Taka on the fifth lowest ranked winning rikishi definetly had me doing some fist bumps too. (Dancingofjoy...)

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Jakusotsu said:

Weird exit with Endo in ChainGang today. :-S

That's one heck of a pick.  Seems like making things needlessly hard though even if it were correct.