Yubinhaad

Rikishi Status - 2021 Kyushu Basho

On 15/11/2021 at 06:55, Seiyashi said:

That is one hell of a damp squib start to a sekitori career. 

Wish I'd known he'd miss three tournaments this year before I chose him as my Torch Match pick (I have good company in Kintamayama). :'-(

What's worse is that we were all deprived of an Enho v. Hokuseiho matchup.  

Edited by Amamaniac

25 minutes ago, Amamaniac said:

What's worse is that we were all deprived of an Enho v. Hokuseiho matchup.  Maybe next year, sigh.

Same heya, no matchup possible.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Oortael said:
29 minutes ago, Amamaniac said:

What's worse is that we were all deprived of an Enho v. Hokuseiho matchup.  Maybe next year, sigh.

Same heya, no matchup possible.

Given Enho's recent form, I think it's asking a bit too much for them to be involved in a playoff.

2 minutes ago, Seiyashi said:

Given Enho's recent form, I think it's asking a bit too much for them to be involved in a playoff.

Kachikoshi trumps kyujo.  But since you pointed out the playoff scenario (which clearly hadn't entered my mind when I mis-posted), I would pay good money to see them go at it.  I also wonder who prevails in asageiko...

Ahead of the final round of lower division action, three Jonokuchi rikishi make a late appearance to maintain their place on the banzuke, while one more rikishi withdraws.

Entering:

Jk15e Tochihayate

Jk15w Tairikuyama

Jk20e Fukuminato

Withdrawing:

Sd68e Amatsu

On 12/11/2021 at 21:48, Yubinhaad said:

Jd10e Hidano

Arashio-beya belatedly reports that a fractured third proximal phalanx (middle toe bone) in the left foot was the reason for Hidano's kyujo.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

As mentioned in the main discussion thread, J13w Hiradoumi has had to end his Juryo debut basho a day early after being injured in his Day 14 bout.

To make up the numbers on the final day, Ms2e Tsushimanada is called back into action for an eighth bout, meeting Kyokutaisei in Juryo.

On 27/11/2021 at 16:55, Yubinhaad said:

As mentioned in the main discussion thread, J13w Hiradoumi has had to end his Juryo debut basho a day early after being injured in his Day 14 bout.

Right ankle ligament injury requiring three weeks of rest and treatment, an MRI scan revealed no tears or other damage.

On 21/11/2021 at 15:18, Yubinhaad said:

Returning:

Ms7w Oshoumi (withdrew Day 3)

Fusenpai today. In his bouts since returning he had taping on his left upper arm and shoulder, but apparently today's absence was due to an ankle injury.

Edited by Yubinhaad
  • Thanks 2