Fujisan

A belated happy birthday Sumojoann....

Sorry I missed this yesterday but Happy 73 rd bithday Jo!

"I hope you got everything you wanted or at least a box to keep it in." 

That secret I promised is on its way by PM.

Edited by Fujisan
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Oh happy birthday! 

• Like 1

Happy Bday Joann! (Holidayfeeling...)(Zabutonflying...)

Edited by Katooshu
  • Like 1

Thank you, everyone, for your Happy Birthday wishes.  My husband told me to order as much See's Candy online as I wanted and that would be his present to me.  See's Candy is a California company and is my favorite American chocolate.  It's never a good idea to give me carte blanche to order anything, much less chocolate.  So I finished up the Haagen Dazs Dark Chocolate Ice Cream Bar I was eating and ordered the following --- One pound EACH of Assorted Chocolates, Toffee-ettes, Awesome Dark Chocolate Walnut Bars, Dark Chocolate Raspberry Creams and a Custom Box of half Dark Chocolate Scotchmallows and half Milk Chocolate Almond Caramels.  They will be shared with friends and family, of course!  (Limit one piece! lol)

This is not really expensive chocolate compared to some.  It runs $25-$30USD/pound (about 24 pieces per box).  See's has stores in some cities on the West Coast of the US.  When there used to be a store here in Houston, Texas, they always gave each customer a free piece of chocolate.  One time we discovered that See's had a store in Tokyo!!!  It was in Harajuku (don't know if it's still there).  They offered us a free chocolate but then proceeded to cut it in HALF while telling us that they sold their chocolate BY THE PIECE FOR THREE HUNDRED YEN (about $3.00 USD)!!!!

When I was hoping to meet Hakuho in 2014, I almost brought over a one-pound box of See's from home to give to him as a gift.  But I decided on a t-shirt instead since it was lighter to carry.  Later I found out he has a sweet tooth so I regretted the t-shirt.

Thank you for sharing your secret, Fujisan.  What a nice story!

Happy birthday and hearty salutations from the Swami!

Swami

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sumojoann said:

Thank you, everyone, for your Happy Birthday wishes.  My husband told me to order as much See's Candy online as I wanted and that would be his present to me.  See's Candy is a California company and is my favorite American chocolate.  It's never a good idea to give me carte blanche to order anything, much less chocolate.  So I finished up the Haagen Dazs Dark Chocolate Ice Cream Bar I was eating and ordered the following --- One pound EACH of Assorted Chocolates, Toffee-ettes, Awesome Dark Chocolate Walnut Bars, Dark Chocolate Raspberry Creams and a Custom Box of half Dark Chocolate Scotchmallows and half Milk Chocolate Almond Caramels.  They will be shared with friends and family, of course!  (Limit one piece! lol)

This is not really expensive chocolate compared to some.  It runs $25-$30USD/pound (about 24 pieces per box).  See's has stores in some cities on the West Coast of the US.  When there used to be a store here in Houston, Texas, they always gave each customer a free piece of chocolate.  One time we discovered that See's had a store in Tokyo!!!  It was in Harajuku (don't know if it's still there).  They offered us a free chocolate but then proceeded to cut it in HALF while telling us that they sold their chocolate BY THE PIECE FOR THREE HUNDRED YEN (about $3.00 USD)!!!!

When I was hoping to meet Hakuho in 2014, I almost brought over a one-pound box of See's from home to give to him as a gift.  But I decided on a t-shirt instead since it was lighter to carry.  Later I found out he has a sweet tooth so I regretted the t-shirt.

Happy Birthday @sumojoann.  I fondly remember See's candy from my childhood in the Sacramento Valley.  It's good to know some of the old traditions are still with us. [uh, I mean the candy!:-S]

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Yamanashi said:

Happy Birthday @sumojoann.  I fondly remember See's candy from my childhood in the Sacramento Valley.  It's good to know some of the old traditions are still with us. [uh, I mean the candy!:-S]

Haha!!  I knew what you meant!  Besides living on Sumo Forum, do you still live in California (if you don't mind my asking)?  Ordering See's online is easy.  They charge only a flat shipping charge of $6.95 & they protect the candy from the heat (hopefully).  They ship it 2-day air.  Now internationally is another story.  Several years ago, we had See's ship candy to friends in Japan and some of my relatives in New Zealand.  The cost to ship ONE POUND was something like $50-$75USD (NOT INCLUDING THE CANDY!!).  So that was a one-time thing.

I'm even more late than the latest so I have nothing more to add that has been said (I mean the happy birthday!), except....

giphy.gifgiphy.gif

Edited by Athenayama
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, sumojoann said:

Besides living on Sumo Forum, do you still live in California (if you don't mind my asking)? 

No, the other side of the country; education and work have taken me through the Midwest to the Southeast (same temperatures as Sacramento, 5 times the humidity).

I hope you have now recovered from your sugar rush.

7 hours ago, Yamanashi said:

I hope you have now recovered from your sugar rush.

The See's Candy shipment doesn't arrive til tomorrow (Friday)!!  They send it by 2-Day Air.

As my late father would have said 'Don't eat it all at once'.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Naganoyama said:

As my late father would have said 'Don't eat it all at once'.

You know me too well!  Ha ha!!  However, I'm getting worried.  See's Candy hasn't sent me a confirming e-mail or a tracking number indicating they'll be delivering tomorrow (Friday).  So I may be going into withdrawal .........

On 14/10/2021 at 05:49, sumojoann said:

Thanks Jo... 

Sorry for going on about it in my last message but its my favourite subject and I dont get chance to talk about it much now.(Hugging...)

Edited by Fujisan