HappySumo

Solo drills for Tachi-ai power

First practice with Takarafuji and it was great. Getting used to the weight and really putting out full power. 

My apartment is slippery so I had to wear shoes but American sumo isn't done on a slick surface so it's equivalent. The carpet I had Takarafuji on isn't slippery but I had to start on fake hardwood that is too slick.

All in all great sparring partner. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, HappySumo said:

First practice with Takarafuji and it was great. Getting used to the weight and really putting out full power. 

My apartment is slippery so I had to wear shoes but American sumo isn't done on a slick surface so it's equivalent. The carpet I had Takarafuji on isn't slippery but I had to start on fake hardwood that is too slick.

All in all great sparring partner. 

Does he have a neck?  According to Kintamayama, the real one doesn't.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Yamanashi said:

Does he have a neck?  According to Kintamayama, the real one doesn't.

Good then my copy is accurate. 

• Haha 2

I found a training partner a about 2 hours away. We have our first sparring session next Sunday. 

Edited by HappySumo
  • Like 2

Watching the JSA video on shiko and realized they count every leg lift not every set of both legs.

So when I'm counting 20 they'd count 40.

Not important but interesting because i consider 6 sets of 20 to be 120 Shiko but the JSA would count that as 6 sets of 40 to make 240 shiko.

Not sure if Happy Sumo's still around or still happy about sumo, but here's an exercise you could do as long as you have a hill, a partner (no sumo background needed), and some sort of band or rope for resistance.

Edited by Katooshu