Hakuhonofan

Happy Birthday, Fujisan!

Happy birthday and hearty salutations from the Swami!

Swami

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hippity Bopplely!  (Holidayfeeling...)

"I like the Walrus best," said Alice: "because you see he was a little sorry for the poor oysters."
"He ate more than the Carpenter, though," said Tweedledee. "You see he held his handkerchief in front, so that the Carpenter couldn't count how many he took: contrariwise."

• Like 2

Impossible to find a better photo than Jakusotsu's (hahaha) so I'll just wish you a happy birthday with best health !

• Like 2

Happy Birthday Fujisan!  Hope you have a great one :-)

• Like 2

Happy Birthday, Fujisan!  And many more .............. 

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

Thanks to everyone for reminding I'm a year older.... (Anotheryearolder...)

I'm at the age I have a tendancy to forget and without a word of a lie I did have to check exactly when it was.

Saturday night out with my two best mates(Gathering...) finished with me one year older another year sober and supporting two very drunk friends home....... (Cheers...)

I certainly dont feel 55 and I reccon I  must have walked 20 miles over my birthday weekend at least(No exaggeration) Not bad for 55 and with my tally of broken bones and metal mickey right leg.(Exercising...)(Showingoff...)(Liftingweights...)

My mates not impressed though he says he says he should think so,I am more robot than human now.(Goingkyujo...) 

The only time mentally I started to feel old was when I realised in 15 years I will be 70 (Scratchingchin...) and yes in 25 years I will be 80(Scratchingchin...)Then I felt old.....

Still I know I should be happy to look forward to reaching those milestones and I honestly think I will so I guess I am a happy,healthy 55 year old.(Jumpinginecstasy...)

Edited by Fujisan
  • Like 5

10 minutes ago, Fujisan said:

The only time mentally I started to feel old was when I realised in 15 years I will be 70 (Scratchingchin...) and yes in 25 years I will be 80(Scratchingchin...)Then I felt old.....

Still I know I should be happy to look forward to reaching those milestones and I honestly think I will so I guess I am a happy,healthy 55 year old.

In the scheme of things, age is all relative.  I have found that to be the case.  I will be 73 on October 12 and when I was young, I could never actually picture myself being so "old"!  But when I finally made it to this age, I realized that being 6 feet above the grass is much better than the alternative!  I hope, Fujisan, that you continue to have your enthusiasm for life.  So even if the old bod falls apart, as long as you can look forward to the next basho, and maybe have other interests in life, and friendships, I think you'll reach those milestones.  I hope so, anyway!  I wish you many more Happy Birthdays!

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, sumojoann said:

In the scheme of things, age is all relative.  I have found that to be the case.  I will be 73 on October 12 and when I was young, I could never actually picture myself being so "old"!  But when I finally made it to this age, I realized that being 6 feet above the grass is much better than the alternative!  I hope, Fujisan, that you continue to have your enthusiasm for life.  So even if the old bod falls apart, as long as you can look forward to the next basho, and maybe have other interests in life, and friendships, I think you'll reach those milestones.  I hope so, anyway!  I wish you many more Happy Birthdays!

Thank you Jo I shall share a little secret with you on your birthday that will make you feel even younger(Just you,no one else...Our little secret(Hugging...))

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Asojima said:

80 is slower, but not all that old. 

Yes you are right of course,that is the difference all through these years I can still walk the same distances but now I walk slower....No complaining though,its "more time to smell the roses" as they say.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
21 hours ago, Fujisan said:

I certainly dont feel 55

If you've watched and enjoyed a TV series called the Sopranos as i have, you'd know that at 55, in the Mafia they'd still say you were just a kid :-D  I'm heading toward my mid 40's myself, and to be honest with you i sort of stopped worrying about becoming old, i've accepted i'm no longer young and suddenly it's not so bad, as with many things in life, worry magnifies and amplifies, when in truth we could often do without it.  You're a spring-chicken mate, and don't you forget it :-)

Edited by Bugman
Spelling
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Bugman said:

If you've watched and enjoyed a TV series called the Sopranos as i have, you'd know that at 55, in the Mafia they'd still say you were just a kid :-D  I'm heading toward my mid 40's myself, and to be honest with you i sort of stopped worrying about becoming old, i've accepted i'm no longer young and suddenly it's not so bad, as with many things in life, worry magnifies and amplifies, when in truth we could often do without it.  You're a spring-chicken mate, and don't you forget it :-)

I have never seen the Soprano's but I understand the sentiment..... I definately feel a spring chicken and so long as no one 'cooks my goose' I plan on being around a long time yet.

I am the oldest in my immediate set of friends(6-7) but also the fitttest.So why not?

On 03/10/2021 at 06:06, Asojima said:

Greetings from your older American clan member.   We Sharps are spread far, wide and deep.  Mostly deep.

I missed this...

I didn't know you was a 'sharp‘' but being a creationist I believe we are all related somewhere in our past.

Weicome to the pride...(My 2nd favourite five finger death punch song....

"I'm not afraid of dying,everyone  has their time." Seems appropriate. 

11 hours ago, Fujisan said:

I didn't know you was a 'sharp‘' but being a creationist I believe we are all related somewhere in our past.

You don't need to be a creationist to know something which simple maths provides.

22 minutes ago, Jakusotsu said:

You don't need to be a creationist to know something which simple maths provides.

Sorry but I don't understand what you mean.(Idunno...)

34 minutes ago, Fujisan said:

Sorry but I don't understand what you mean.(Idunno...)

My guess is that you don't have to be a Creationist to believe (or know) that every person is related at some level to each other. 

I wonder if there are any belief systems that do not believe that every person is related? Just the time scale differs, usually, I think. 

I don't know if this is the best article around to demonstrate it (I only did a quick search), but the simple math is this:

The number of your direct ancestors doubles with each generation. So if you go back far enough, the world's population wasn't big enough for all of them being different people.

On 07/10/2021 at 02:34, Jakusotsu said:

I don't know if this is the best article around to demonstrate it (I only did a quick search), but the simple math is this:

The number of your direct ancestors doubles with each generation. So if you go back far enough, the world's population wasn't big enough for all of them being different people.

Are We Related

I can't find the really good video that explains the number of ancestors thing. We were doing an ancestory thing for my father-in-law over winter and we were excited to find proper evidence that he was descended from Charlemagne. Unfortunately, so is everyone else of European descent.