Bugman

What are you watching (if anything) on Youtube lately?

Cannot stand Frankie Boyle, not funny at all, just downright offensive.  The great comedies and great comedy performers concentrate on being funny without causing offence..

For me, my favourite comedies are:

'Allo 'Allo, Are You Being Served?, Blackadder, Dad's Army, The Detectives, The Fall and Rise Of Reginald Perrin, Fawlty Towers, Going Straight, Grace and Favour, The Green Green Grass, Keeping Up Appearances, Last Of The Summer Wine, Mr Bean, On The Buses, One Foot In The Grave, Only Fools and Horses, Open All Hours, Porridge and Some Mothers Do 'Ave 'Em.

Swami

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Swami said:

Cannot stand Frankie Boyle, not funny at all, just downright offensive.

Yes i can definitely understand that, that's very likely the correct reaction to have to him.  What did you think of 'The League of Gentlemen'?  I forgot to mention those but they are also kind of rough, i must admit i died of laughter watching them as well though.  Out of the secondary list you've made there, i think perhaps Porridge and 'Open all hours' would be my favourites, Ronnie Barker was extremely talented.  I forgot to mention Tommy Cooper, also (i felt) very amusing.

Edited by Bugman
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, Bugman said:

Yes i can definitely understand that, that's very likely the correct reaction to have to him.  What did you think of 'The League of Gentlemen'?  I forgot to mention those but they are also kind of rough, i must admit i died of laughter watching them as well though.  Out of the secondary list you've made there, i think perhaps Porridge and 'Open all hours' would be my favourites, Ronnie Barker was extremely talented.  I forgot to mention Tommy Cooper, also (i felt) very amusing.

Don't like "The League Of Gentlemen", doesn't do anything for me.  Ronnie Barker was our best ever comic actor - the work in The Two Ronnies was possibly the best ever this country produced.

Swami

• Like 1

I hadn't see that one Jakusotsu, very good :-D  There is one last UK comedy i had forgotten to mention but it's so obscure i honestly don't think anyone will have heard of it, it was called 'Garth Marenghi's Darkplace hospital', just six episodes but i loved each one, it was a parody of those 1980's detective shows that were ten a penny and all over the place back then.

Edited by Bugman
  • Confused 1

Never heard of that one.  For me The Detectives (Jasper Carrot) was in that vein.

Swami

40 minutes ago, yorikiried by fate said:

Norm MacDonald and Cracking the Cryptic.

Ooooh CTC! I watch them on and off, especially Simon's solves. Got some of the apps - can reliably do up to 7* puzzles but after that I'm hopeless.

• Like 1

Didn't try the apps (I use my phone for phonecalls), but I'm doing many puzzles via their browser links. I solved the occasional hard one, but it really depends on the ruleset, if it's my thing or not.

First I didn't watch Mark at all, but I grew into his style as well. Both are insane, though. Relentless minds.

Edited by yorikiried by fate
  • Like 1