Sign in to follow this  
Kintamayama

Chaingang Aki 2021 super- carnage

74 players out on day 1. The top three picks (each had 16 pickers) all lost. 30 left. I mean, remain. The others left. No, that's not right.

Edited by Kintamayama
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

Pretty shocking. Usually this happens when almost everyone picks the "obvious" guy to win and he gets upset but this was 4 out of the top 5 picks losing.  Surprised to see so many pick Hakuyozan considering he went kyujo last basho with an injury. I expect him to bounce back but wouldn't make him a pick till I had seen him on the dohyo. 

Thankfully i had Nishikigi so I remain. 

• Like 1

After day 3, we have 12 players left in the race, one of them playing by defaults..

Edited by Kintamayama

Well, I'm out. I figured Azamaryu's one leg was better than Hakyuozan's. I was wrong. Apparently Azamaryu's arm isn't that great either because he kept looking at it like it belonged to someone else after the bout. 

Ends on day 8 with all three remaining players out, relying on Takayasu and Kaishou who let them down. Still, the winner is Joaoiyama, who picked the lowest ranked players on average. Congratulations!! 

• Thanks 1

I think i never made it through day 3 before, Chain Gang is a game i've always wanted to yusho, so happy! (Signofapproval...)

• Like 2

Chiyoshoma's henka caused havoc all over the games. What an ending! Congrats to @Joaoiyama  (Bigfish...) and thanks for the game! (Singingdrunk...)

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Rocks said:

Chiyoshoma's henka caused havoc all over the games. What an ending! Congrats to @Joaoiyama  (Bigfish...) and thanks for the game! (Singingdrunk...)

Ironically, once someone henkaed Chiyoshoma on Day 15 and it cost me a lot of things including a Day 15 win in Bench and the RotoSumo yusho.

• Haha 1