Sign in to follow this  
Naganoyama

Heya Watch Aki Basho 2021

3 hours ago, Katsunorifuji said:

Thank you for putting this together! It’s right what I was looking for. Basically wanting to see how each heya was doing looking back over a longer trend and year to date works great for that. As someone who spends the majority of his working day in Excel I appreciate the difficulty that comes with inputting this kind of information into a message board format  

My goal was to see how all the heya did over a longer term (Naruto in particular!) with the idea that those with consistent high performance should see their members advancing up the rankings. So far it looks like Naruto is not doing what I’d expect or at least that the people driving their winning records are either way down in the lower division or alternate 7-0 basho with 3-4 basho. 

They're doing OK.  Four in Makushita next basho + Delgerbayar; seven in Sandanme and 2 in Jd; 3 injured: Kawamura, Iwate, and Anzai who finally took a basho off after injury at Ms36 and came back 6-1 at Sd89.  The key will be to get one of the chase team (Oshoumi, Oshoryu, Delger, Hagiwara) over the hump to Juryo.  Naruto seems to have gotten better and better at recruiting, and there's a critical mass of good rikishi who are pushing each other forward.

The first deshi that Kotooshu brought over from Sadogatake in 2017, Oshozan, will probably get his sandals next basho for breaking into Sd.

Thank you @Naganoyama, great job.

My idea was to use 6 basho sliding window. Also per-basho graph will give us good idea how every heya is performing over time...

What is in the graph?

Edited by Naganoyama

Something like :one line for every heya, every dot of the line represents "Percent of wins" or "Percent of KK" for a basho. I have tried to create such graph few months ago, but it looks pretty ugly, mainly because big number of heyas. I think that when you see such graph, you can easily identify the trends in heyas prformance.

Edited by Kotogoshu