Sign in to follow this  
Kintamayama

Aki joint keiko sessions

4 hours ago, Kintamayama said:

As they are from the same Ichimon, he has borrowed Hakuhou's chest in the past. "I could hardly budge him. He is resilient. Especially when you hit him softly- he seems to suck the power out of you.

Ah ha! Now we know the secret of the GOAT.

Kinta - thanks for putting these posts up on the joint keiko. Keep it up if you have time. These are great, maybe even better than the Kitanofuji material. 

I notice Hokuseiho wasn't on the list for Day 1. I wonder if they're keeping him out as a tactical move, or whether it's common practice for new sekitori not to participate. 

• Like 1

Final day. Present: Hakuhou, Takayasu, Mitakeumi, Ichinojou , Kiribayama, Myougiryuu, Ishiura. Juryo: Enhou, Azumaryuu, Sadanoumi, Nishikigi and Kaishou.

Hakuhou, again no sumo, fundamentals,  lent his chest to Mitakeumi, dished out free advice to Ichinojou and Mitakeumi.

Hakuhou, training for the dohyo-surfing competition next Olympics:

202108260000394-w500_0.jpg

PJ4RB4P3FVPK3J2AI42XHRSRKU.jpg

Mitakeumi- 10 bouts, no details. "I was able to do my own sumo properly. All I can do is continue what I'm doing now. I'm glad that the last butsugari of the sessions was with me and at the last of the last I am leaving feeling great!" he said.

Listening intently to Hakuhou's advice:

202108260000365-w500_0.jpg

Myougiryuu - was very active. "A lot of guys here, wanted to come for some time now.." Joined yesterday, for the first time since the advent of the emergency joint training sessions. He only has Sadanoumi to really train with at his heya. "The timing was always wrong whenever I wanted to come.  As I was tested negative for the virus a few days ago I decided it would be good to be able to face other guys in this fashion, and yes, the keiko was good'" he explained.  Today he had 9 bouts, beating Ichinojou by marching him out as well. "He was heavy.. Nonetheless, I was able to move forward and move him out, and it's a great feeling that will remain with me until the coming basho.." he said. He is on a 4 basho makekoshi streak and will be ranked pretty low after his 5-10 at Maegashira 7 last basho. "I will be preparing as usual for the coming basho for the remaining two weeks,"  he summed.

202108260000407-w500_0.jpg

Edited by Kintamayama
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Takayasu had 6 bouts today, going 3-3. He has gradually done less and less bouts daily. "I really want to go all out, but i have to bear in mind the coming basho. The important thing is to face day 1 in the best condition. Even when I'm in excellent condition i have to listen to my body and act accordingly. I'm not 20 years old anymore-it's different now. All I can do is do what I can to bring myself to the best condition possible in order to be able to fight through all 15 days," he explained. He no longer has Araiso oyakata as a sparring partner so his whole regimen has changed. "I don't have another sekitori at the heya so I have to take advantage of these kinds of joint sessions. I have to figure out how to build my body. I have a duty of strengthening the lower rankers, so together with them I will try to create an atmosphere of serious training at the heya. I will be pushing myself and them hard," he said.

With Mitakeumi's buittocks:

f_14624339.jpg

Nice picture, irregardless.. (I know, I know..)

f_14624342.jpg

Edited by Kintamayama
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Ichinojou on Hakuhou's tips: "He advised me on how to grab a mawashi and how to get an inside grip. I would like to bear that in mind. I am thankful," he said.

Hakuhou did not do any sumo. "The atmosphere is different just by his being here. It becomes serious and tense," said one of the guys.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Kintamayama said:

"The atmosphere is different just by his being here. It becomes serious and tense," said one of the guys.

This is what we heard about asageiko at Miyagino beya, it's on another whole level when Hakuho is present. Somehow, I'm believing that.

12 hours ago, rhyen said:

Ichinojo tested positive. Hoo boy.

So it's a day before the banzuke is announced, how is the JSA going to be handling this one?

And Chris Gould is having a field day on this topic.

1 hour ago, WAKATAKE said:

So it's a day before the banzuke is announced, how is the JSA going to be handling this one?

And Chris Gould is having a field day on this topic.

Geez, it’s two weeks before the basho. He's asymptomatic. No one else has been infected so far. They should be good to go. Reminder- we've already had bashos with quite a few Corona-stricken heyas out-no big deal. Unless 400 guys will be infected, the basho will happen. Maybe a few less spectators, but it will happen.

Probably.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Looks like we're past the time where the NSK would shut things down just because "exposure." I assume they have a higher risk tolerance now because they are vaccinated.

On 26/08/2021 at 01:59, Kintamayama said:

Hakuhou, training for the dohyo-surfing competition next Olympics:

202108260000394-w500_0.jpg

Hang ten, baby.

Some really great photos in this thread, and again the synopses of the day's practice sessions were far more enjoyable to read than the podcasts were to listen to.