Recommended Posts

John (Gunning) asked us to create an account here and post sumo related ISJ stuff that we don't see on Sumo Forum while he is away. It doesn't look like there is anything we know that you guys don't but just doing what the boss requested. 

Hello anyway.

  • Like 14
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello! Send our collective regards and best wishes to him.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ha! I somehow suspected a connection. 

Since the OP here stated elsewhere that they were not John Gunning, I now suspect this could be his girlfriend. ...or, his mother.

Mystery solved. Really, we'll entertain the most amazing diversions between basho.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Kaminariyuki said:

Ha! I somehow suspected a connection. 

Since the OP here stated elsewhere that they were not John Gunning, I now suspect this could be his girlfriend. ...or, his mother.

Mystery solved. Really, we'll entertain the most amazing diversions between basho.

I may be naive, but I'm going to take at face value the claim that "Inside Sports Japan" is one or more staffers at Inside Sports Japan who will use the account to funnel Sumo content to this Forum.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I only poked around this profile because I was amazed and impressed by the Colton Runyan thread that was posted. I'd love to meet the young man someday, if we get back to the point where I'm willing to meet anyone in person. Same with Gohn GUnning and Yamanashi, for that matter.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Kaminariyuki said:

I only poked around this profile because I was amazed and impressed by the Colton Runyan thread that was posted. I'd love to meet the young man someday, if we get back to the point where I'm willing to meet anyone in person. Same with Gohn GUnning and Yamanashi, for that matter.

As disappointing as I am on the Forum, I'd be much more disappointing in person.(Weeping...)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Yamanashi said:

As disappointing as I am on the Forum, I'd be much more disappointing in person.(Weeping...)

I disagree about your self-assessment (although you are probably just being overly modest).  I LOVE your sense of humor and I can't imagine that goes away in person.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well if you're not John, introduce and tell us about yourself!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Katooshu said:

Well if you're not John, introduce and tell us about yourself!

I only poked around to see what was up myself today. I had joked that this was John, and nearly doubled down that it was his girlfriend!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 23/08/2021 at 11:27, Katooshu said:

Well if you're not John, introduce and tell us about yourself!

Currently there are six of us that deal with ISJ SNS content on a semi regular basis and another 15 people that provide virtually all the content used in certain posts so it wouldn't make much sense to do a personal intro as it's not the same people each time. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Inside Sport Japan said:

Was that deliberate? He's definitely gone (Laughing...)

I could fib and say, yes, but apparently, I'm wittier when I'm all thumbs on my keyboard and fail to proofread my messages.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
22 hours ago, Inside Sport Japan said:

Currently there are six of us that deal with ISJ SNS content on a semi regular basis and another 15 people that provide virtually all the content used in certain posts so it wouldn't make much sense to do a personal intro as it's not the same people each time. 

That's quite an operation that John has going then.  I'm glad to see him with such a successful enterprise.  Well, I assume it's successful given that he needs to (and is able to) get many other people working under him.

Edited by Gurowake
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now