Sign in to follow this  
Kintamayama

Aki 2021-GTB - RESULTS!! - 140 entries (22 newbies)

Posted (edited)

"Ouch, my elbow!"

"Ouch my right knee!!"

"Ouch, my face!"

"Ouch, my toe!"

"Ouch, both my knees and diabetes!"

"Ouch, my fore-arm! You keep hitting it with your face!"

"OUCH!!"

This is actually a formal invitation to play the "Guess the Banzuke" game!! 23 years, 140 bashos. Please play.

Game rules: Guess the Banzuke. Simple. You get two points for a bulls-eye and one point for just getting the rank right. You get no points for turning the other cheek. Tiebreakers - Most total guesses, then we check the banzuke backwards - getting the lower half right will be important.  The most correct guesses in the last ten places will win the tiebreaker. If still tied, we go up a ranking at a time like a penalty shootout. It's up to you to check if you are on the list of entries. It's going to be your fault if you don't notice that your entry went missing in the Internet void. No late entries will be expected or accepted. Those are the rules, and the rules will never be changed. Just like the dohyo will never be lowered. It's an axiom. 

For rules, standings and elbow replacements: http://www.dichne.com/Guess.htm

For the nifty entry form: http://sumodb.sumoga...b/GTBEntry.aspx

For the "new" archives: http://sumodb.sumoga...gtbarchive.aspx

See if you are on the entry list: http://sumodb.sumogames.de/gtb/GTBEntryList.aspx

Deadline: Monday, August 23rd, 2021 at 18:00 GMT ("GOAT Mauls Terunofuji") - PLEASE NOTE-THIS IS ONE WEEK BEFORE THE OFFICIAL BANZUKE ANNOUNCEMENT!!

Special thanks to Andoreasu who runs it, Doitsuyama who automates and maintains it and to those who think they know but no, they know naught. 

Edited by Kintamayama
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Now to the downside of having the basho a week early....having an extra week before the next one.

On 24/07/2021 at 00:14, Gurowake said:

Now to the downside of having the basho a week early....having an extra week before the next one.

It's only a week later and I'm wondering when the next banzuke will come out.

It's not even August yet.

Help.

8 hours ago, Gurowake said:

It's only a week later and I'm wondering when the next banzuke will come out.

It's not even August yet.

Help.

Suikyoshiki more delayed than usual, too. Or maybe it's just the uncertainty of knowing (or not knowing) when.

So I will try this for the first time. As a Shindeshi, I will try to do my brand of guessing and use my 4-Basho Experience at Sumo Game to gambarize for Kachikoshi. Hakkeyoi!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

47 entries so far (17 of them shindeshi..)

So what you are saying is 17 more people will finish ahead of me in the next game....

• Haha 2

On 01/08/2021 at 07:29, Kujo said:

47 entries so far (17 of them shindeshi..)

So what you are saying is 17 more people will finish ahead of me in the next game....

I still  have to enter,so thats at least one you will finish ahead of ;-)

This is insane. I was feeling good about it, until I got to Sekiwake :|.

13 hours ago, Fujisan said:

I still  have to enter,so thats at least one you will finish ahead of ;-)

Your stats are much better than mine (that doesn't keep me from trying).

My Uncle Al was rumored to have said "The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result" (I believe him).

13 hours ago, Godango said:

This is insane. I was feeling good about it, until I got to Sekiwake :|.

For a moment I thought you meant Kinta's GTB now had a banzuke-esque ranking.

If you got to Sekiwake from the opposite end of the banzuke you should be alright... XD

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, Kujo said:

Your stats are much better than mine (that doesn't keep me from trying).

My Uncle Al was rumored to have said "The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result" (I believe him).

I was basing it on recent form in all the games and that as been awful... 

I can't seem to submit my entry via the form. I've tried several times multiple hours apart and I just get the dreaded 404 file or directory not found each time. Maybe it's just me or I've been unlucky, but thought I'd bring it up. If it's not fixed tomorrow I'll email Moti.

2 hours ago, Hidenotora said:

I've tried several times multiple hours apart and I just get the dreaded 404 file or directory not found each time.

Same here. :-(

2 hours ago, Hidenotora said:

I can't seem to submit my entry via the form. I've tried several times multiple hours apart and I just get the dreaded 404 file or directory not found each time. Maybe it's just me or I've been unlucky, but thought I'd bring it up. If it's not fixed tomorrow I'll email Moti.

Same for me, but since I appear in the list of players that applied I guess it is fine (both of you are also in the list)

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Nantonoyama said:

Same for me, but since I appear in the list of players that applied I guess it is fine (both of you are also in the list)

Huh, interesting. I didn't get the notification email so I presumed it hadn't worked.

@Kintamayama seems like something has gone wrong with the entry form, might need looking into. Can you confirm me and Jakusotsu are definitely entered? I haven't gotten the confirmation email.

So apparently it's the subroutine for sending the emails which is causing problems.

1 hour ago, Jakusotsu said:

So apparently it's the subroutine for sending the emails which is causing problems.

Looks like it. It was working fine a week ago or so.

1 hour ago, Hidenotora said:

Huh, interesting. I didn't get the notification email so I presumed it hadn't worked.

@Kintamayama seems like something has gone wrong with the entry form, might need looking into. Can you confirm me and Jakusotsu are definitely entered? I haven't gotten the confirmation email.

Yes, you both are and that is what counts..

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Kintamayama said:

Yes, you both are and that is what counts..

Same here, I got the 404 error but the entry seems to be in as my name is on the list.

There is an issue with the entry confirmation. Please check to see if you are on the list before panicking. 

Thank you. Two days left. 

Entered, on list, just the right amount of sake consumed, Yusho is a lock (Laughing...)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I announce my permanent kyujo for GTB.

I lost interest in banzuke movement, an ozeki sent to makushita par ordre del mufti, nothing of the spirit of sumo in the banzuke burocracy.

GTB was the only game of interest for me, I can now ignore the game section completely.

My interest for the sumo at hand has dwindled as well, but I won't go kyujo for that long anymore.

Kuukido came into existence through my love for sumo, that love never dies

• Sad 3

34 minutes ago, Akinomaki said:

I lost interest in banzuke movement, an ozeki sent to makushita par ordre del mufti, nothing of the spirit of sumo in the banzuke burocracy.

GTB was the only game of interest for me, I can now ignore the game section completely.

My interest for the sumo at hand has dwindled as well, but I won't go kyujo for that long anymore.

While it's sad to see you go, shouldn't that be intai rather than permanent kyujo? I'm sure Hakuho would love a permanent kyujo option...

3 hours ago, Akinomaki said:

Brothers, this is very sad.

With a handful of hours left, I think we shattered the entry record.

• Like 2