Sign in to follow this  
Mark Buckton

New Banzuke

Novembers tournament will have its banzuke released 3 weeks today.

To that end, anyone who would like a banzuke sent from Japan after its release please let me know using PM or e-mail.

Could be Kaio's last appearance as an Ozeki (but I doubt it B-) ) and Musoyama's last appearance full stop.

Anyway, if you want one - let me know.

Pic below BTW - bath in west shitakubeya - how many famous big doods have relaxed in there?

Pic below BTW - bath in west shitakubeya - how many famous big doods have relaxed in there?

Looks like the grout could use a good cleaning! ick.... B-) :-)

Just wondering, how do you get the copies of the banzuke?

At the Kokugikan - 6am on release day - back home for 7 and brekky that way.

Never seen another foreign guy or gal there that early and haven't missed a day in a couple of years - clever people methinks. That said - build up the 'glance and nod' with all the same guys time after time - guy thing.

Zeokage-san - want one.

I recently purchased a banzuke from Adachinoryu. The price, including postage, was very reasonable. I received it only four or five days after it was issued. He even sent a message telling me that he had just mailed it. I'm sure the only reason he supplies banzukes to others is for the satisfaction of doing so. He definitely does not make any personal profit. If you want a banzuke, I can't think of a more reliable, less expensive, and honest source.

I recently purchased a banzuke from Adachinoryu. The price, including postage, was very reasonable. I received it only four or five days after it was issued. He even sent a message telling me that he had just mailed it. I'm sure the only reason he supplies banzukes to others is for the satisfaction of doing so. He definitely does not make any personal profit. If you want a banzuke, I can't think of a more reliable, less expensive, and honest source.

Cheers for that Sekitori-san. (Clapping wildly...)

Being in Kyushu and having little money (I am a student after all... and a ryugakusei at that), I won't be able to get to the Kokugikan, but how much would it cost for me to get a copy? It would be a nice thing to have on the wall. (Clapping wildly...)

Edited by Zeokage

I agree with sekitori-san.

I also ordered a banzuke (september basho) and got it 4 days after it was posted, and I live in Belgium, the other side of the world.

Very reasonable price too, thanks again! (Clapping wildly...)

Very reasonable price too, thanks again!

Reasonable? I would say no price, charity,... My banzuke with Hakuho's first Makuchi entry is still on the wall. That banzuke guide is very handy. Thanks again.

Its me with banzuke I received from Adachinoryu !

click

(Sign of approval)

Edited by Golynohana

Its me with banzuke I received from Adachinoryu !

click

(Sign of approval)

(Showing respect...)

Nice pic - makes the sending more personal.

Take it easy.

(Applauding...)

Request permission from the Rijicho to offer specific banzuke for those interested.

Would only involve me listing those I have or can get hold of and the condition of the banzuke.

Any discussions with interested persons to take place off forum using PM / mail. (Showing respect...)

Permission granted from the Rijicho so thank you for that.

Anyone interested in the following let me know:

(those specific requests already made off forum - not listed - don't worry)

Heisei 12 Jan (dated H11 12/22) - Maru & Waka on the east of the banzuke as Yokozuna and Taka & Ake on the west. Musoyama still at Sekiwake as was Kaio.

Asashoryu at Makushita 12 (w) and this was Asasekiryu's time of entering sumo as well as Takamisakari's first basho under his now famous shikona (Juryo 12)

Corners have pin holes / upper edge slightly frayed and very neatly folded into 4. (quarter size)

more to come

Edited by Adachinoryu

Few of you lads that wanted a banzuke sent - nothing received this end yet. If you haven't had a PM telling you it is here then I haven't received anything. Getting close. (Applauding...)