Sign in to follow this  
Kaito

Games Talk Nagoya 2021

Hmm, I feel like I missed a trick not having Takayasu in Hoshitori. I did expect him back day 3, or after the first week at the latest. I could have had a sub for the first 2 days, then had Takayasu on high points the rest of the way with the sub available again to use elsewhere. I'll have to keep that in mind for next time it comes up.

Man, I am not doing good in head to head. Ran into two buzz saw 14s in Bench the last two days and stupidly forgot to take Takakeisho out on Day 3 when I moved Mesei to the top and lost a tiebreaker.  I need to pick it up.

Jeez, i did it again. That is not the lineup I picked for Bench Day 5. I would have still lost but I must have failed to click confirm or something. I need to pay attention here.

Hakuyozan "killed" me in several games. I was doing very good in Juryo and Roto but now it's dead without him... And I'm not even talking about his health. Poor guy.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Athenayama said:

Hakuyozan "killed" me in several games. I was doing very good in Juryo and Roto but now it's dead without him... And I'm not even talking about his health. Poor guy.

Yeah, that was a big blow for me but my prebasho lineups look bad this basho anyway so it's just a bit more misery. I'm really sorry to see him that hurt though as it was looking like he was finally into good steady form. 

Last night Terutsoyoshi hurt me the most with losing. Costing me in SG and TTT.

It seems Joaoiyama is unstoppable on his way to his 2nd Green Mawashi in 2021 and thus taking the clear lead in the 2021 SB Sumo Games World Championship. He mind end well around 100 SB Masters points in Nagoya basho. Looking at the current standings in the games only Pandaazuma and Konosato can be considered as chasers.

Hope this can jinx Joaoiyama a bit...  ;-)

Ganzohnesushi

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Ganzohnesushi said:

It seems Joaoiyama is unstoppable on his way to his 2nd Green Mawashi in 2021 and thus taking the clear lead in the 2021 SB Sumo Games World Championship. He mind end well around 100 SB Masters points in Nagoya basho. Looking at the current standings in the games only Pandaazuma and Konosato can be considered as chasers.

Ganzohnesushi

I try to refrain from talking about the games during the basho to not jinx myself, now i sure hope this post blocks your jinx! 

• Like 1

Oracle time. Pleased to be in it at the end here so worth doing a bit of analysis. Since I am tied 2nd I am only comparing myself to the top 3 but there are some pretty big hitters at the top right now so take it with a grain of salt. Any one in the Top 10 still has a good shot I would think.  Also, I always seem to be a point off or so. 

Anyway. 

DeRosa is at 538, Kishikaisei and I are 2 back at 536.  Of the already decided matches, those that either grant or take away a point no matter the outcome, DeRosa ends up -1, Kishikaisei 0 and me +1. To give a true starting score of DeRosa and I at 537, Kishikaisei 536. 

There are 4 matches that could give 3 points without taking one away: Shodai, Daishoho and Kotokuzan to win. There is one match which can take away a point but not give one which is Yago winning. But as all three of us would benefit in the same way no matter the results this matches are effectively meaningless. Changing only what the final score is and not our position relative to each other. 

Now of matches which can give or take away a point depending on who wins. DeRosa has 8, I have 6 and Kishikaisei  has 11. Adding these together with the other macthes just listed gives a range on the night of:

Derosa 526-550 Kishikaisei 524-550 and 530-546 for me.

Of these a number are held in common so again will not change our positions against each other: Tobizaru,  Onosho, Enho, Takagenji and Midorifuji.

So we come to the matches that matter as we differ on these.

For me: Ichiyamamoto

For DeRosa: Wakatakakage, Kagayaki, Chiyotairyu, Chiyomaru and Wakamotoharu

For Kishikaisei: Wakatakakage, Meisei, Chiyonokuni, Wakamotoharu, Nishikigi and  Nishikifuji. 

Very interesting. Looks like I will be rooting against a few guys tonight. Good luck!!!

I wish I could be as good as Joaoiyama.

I can't even beat drones in Sumo Game. :'-(

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Kaito said:

I wish I could be as good as Joaoiyama.

I can't even beat drones in Sumo Game. :'-(

No shame in losing to a drone when they have a good lineup and score a point above average for the day. 

Okay, by my coumt, after Juryo:

Me 538, DeRosa 537 and Kishikaisei 536

Congrats to Mitoyu on the Juryo yusho and makuuchi promotion!

Midway through makuuchi:

Me 540,  DeRosa 537 and Kishikaisei 537

Final by my count:

Me 541, Kishikaisei 540 and DeRosa 538.

On 16/07/2021 at 13:41, Ganzohnesushi said:

Ganzohnesushi

Somehow i forgot to pick on day 15 of tipspiel, together with my zero points on day 14, a double nothing gave me a makekoshi in a game i was sure to finish high, ranked S1 i was placed 6th on day 13 seven points away from the leader in the deciding basho of a possible Ozeki promotion(M1 11-4 > K2 12-3). Major choke. 

A great basho for me but i still got a chip on my shoulder. (Ranting...)