Kintamayama

Videos Nagoya 2021 - Days 1-15 and post-basho interviews

Recommended Posts

12 minutes ago, Yamanashi said:

Thanks for Font Day. Glad to see it back.

 

Me too!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Once again, thank you for your service Kinta! Great job as always (Firstprize...)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yep, you can keep your NattoSumos, you're #1 for me Kinta.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm out of reactions, so let me say thanks again for your tireless efforts to produce high-quality compilations every day.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Kintamayama said:

Final day:

 

I'm also out of reacts :-D

Thank you as always! I thoroughly enjoy your videos.

Btw, I was also (re)watching your Nagoya 2011 videos during the current basho. Terrible quality, no cool animation, lizard people everywhere, even Mexican goalkeeper and Stevie Wonder... So meh.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Just kidding, your videos are awesome B-)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, hakutorizakura said:

I'm also out of reacts :-D

Thank you as always! I thoroughly enjoy your videos.

Btw, I was also (re)watching your Nagoya 2011 videos during the current basho. Terrible quality, no cool animation, lizard people everywhere, even Mexican goalkeeper and Stevie Wonder... So meh.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Just kidding, your videos are awesome B-)

Those were the fun times, searching the web for anything remotely usable.. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks so much for these vídeos Mr. Kintamayam, sir. You are the Man. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You are the boss Kintamayama, thanks for these videos as always. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you for all the work you put into these videos, making them the most reliable source of basho coverage on the internet. Perhaps I'll be able to thank you in person one day; until then I'll just put something through your site.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does anyone know why Jason stopped posting after day 11? It's not like him at all.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Kintamayama said:

Does anyone know why Jason stopped posting after day 11? It's not like him at all.

 

He went home at some point in the basho, probably related to that. 

Edited by Churaumi
Home meaning California
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
24 minutes ago, Churaumi said:

He went home at some point in the basho, probably related to that.

Preplanned, and will he be back? I don't follow him regularly, but it's always nice to hear his commentary for a major bout of consequence (or for a rikishi he likes), like most of Harumafuji's bouts.

Edited by Seiyashi

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just seeing family, from his pictures he's posted. I assume his parents because one of them looks just like him but 30 years older.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That's good to hear. Unplanned travel in these times is usually not a good sign.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He explained in his Nagoya preview video that he is visiting his father, who is 85 and not in the best of health. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Relaxed interviews + translations after Nagoya:

 

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Had any alcohol been consumed before these interviews, perchance?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, nagora said:

Had any alcohol been consumed before these interviews, perchance?

I doubt it. It looks like they were done right after the day 15 bouts in Nagoya. Pretty much straightforward stuff, most of it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Kintamayama said:

I doubt it. It looks like they were done right after the day 15 bouts in Nagoya. Pretty much straightforward stuff, most of it. 

I guess it's just relief, then. Although I still think the interviewer might have had a few.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, nagora said:

I guess it's just relief, then. Although I still think the interviewer might have had a few.

The interviewer always sounds like that, as does his sidekick. It's part of the channel's shtick.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/08/2021 at 13:18, Kintamayama said:

The interviewer always sounds like that, as does his sidekick. It's part of the channel's shtick.

I've seen these before and they're rather entertaining. Who is doing them? Is this a Japanese television program or an internet presence? I do like seeing some of the off-beat content, much appreciated.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, Kaminariyuki said:

I've seen these before and they're rather entertaining. Who is doing them? Is this a Japanese television program or an internet presence? I do like seeing some of the off-beat content, much appreciated.

Official Kyokai YouTube channel, done by 2 Oyakatas usually. 

Edited by Kintamayama
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now