Sign in to follow this  
Eikokurai

How many yusho will Terunofuji win in his career?

How many yusho will Terunofuji win in his career?  

47 members have voted

1. 1. How many yusho will Terunofuji win in his career?

• 4-5
    • 6-7
    • 8-9
    • 10-11
    • 12-13
    • 14-15
    • 16+

On 27/11/2021 at 17:14, Eikokurai said:

Sure, at the time we were all swept up in the romance of the comeback, but now we know his level, we can see that that basho was a snooze for him.

Yet he failed to go perfect in Juryo two basho before that, and wasn't back to full championship form immediately after that yusho either. I think there was a certain element of reconditioning in his comeback and he was still getting used to fighting 15 days. 

If there was a gimme it lies more in the fact that the Natsu basho was cancelled, IMO. That gave everyone carrying serious injuries a disproportionate chance to rest relative to the rest of the field: look at Takayasu and Tochinoshin. 

4 hours ago, Seiyashi said:

Yet he failed to go perfect in Juryo two basho before that, and wasn't back to full championship form immediately after that yusho either. I think there was a certain element of reconditioning in his comeback and he was still getting used to fighting 15 days. 

If there was a gimme it lies more in the fact that the Natsu basho was cancelled, IMO. That gave everyone carrying serious injuries a disproportionate chance to rest relative to the rest of the field: look at Takayasu and Tochinoshin. 

You make a point, but that second Juryo basho looks like the outlier now. His only other duff basho was his post-yusho kyujo where he was obviously nursing some injury. Otherwise, he’s been basically unbeatable since his return to upper Makushita.

Edited by Eikokurai
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, Eikokurai said:

Why is the poll closed to new votes? I don’t remember putting a deadline on it.

Re-opened. I was unhelpfully trying to be helpful. (Wearingapaperbag...)

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Jakusotsu said:

Re-opened. I was unhelpfully trying to be helpful. (Wearingapaperbag...)

Hehe. No worries. I thought my tech-addled brain had just messed up how to make a poll.