Sign in to follow this  
Kintamayama

Preparations of the masses- Nagoya 2021

Doesn't really count as preparations and not Nagoya, but he said this yesterday and it's cute, but, well... Takayasu finally got to meet his daughter (born in February) after Haru. Her weight has doubled since her birth. "She's sleeps a lot. She grins and is easy-going, this daughter of mine.. I give her a bath every day. I've held many a fan's child in the past, but holding my own child.. It's not a dumbbell-it's different. I can't drop her.. I'm tired.." he said.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2

Hidenoumi is nursing a pinky injury he suffered on day 9 last basho, which caused him to win only one bout in the second half of the basho. "it was dislocated and I managed to put it back in place myself, much to the surprise of my trainer.." he said. I'm in the middle of a sound check at a gig so the rest of the interesting story of how a broke Hidenoumi borrowed 2000 yen off Shimanoumi and how Goueidou told him to man up will have to wait... Maybe someone can fill in the details. Nikkan. 

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Kintamayama said:

Hidenoumi is nursing a pinky injury he suffered on day 9 last basho, which caused him to win only one bout in the second half of the basho. "it was dislocated and I managed to put it back in place myself, much to the surprise of my trainer.." he said. I'm in the middle of a sound check at a gig so the rest of the interesting story of how a broke Hidenoumi borrowed 2000 yen off Shimanoumi and how Goueidou told him to man up will have to wait... Maybe someone can fill in the details. Nikkan. 

Gosh darn it, you can't leave us hanging like that....

https://www.nikkansports.com/battle/sumo/news/202106090000662.html

So apparently when Hidenoumi had his hatsu dohyo 10 years ago, he had only 2000 yen on hand, so he borrowed money from Shimanoumi. Then he had second thoughts about being in sumo at all, so he decided to give it back.

Goeido's story is a different matter; Hidenoumi basically got a scolding from him after his foot injury where, due to the tabi, his sumo was screwed. Hidenoumi was commenting on how when Goeido was active, he wouldn't really interact with other rikishi much as he had his own matches and training to be concerned with.

Edited by Seiyashi
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Seiyashi said:

So apparently when Hidenoumi had his hatsu dohyo 10 years ago, he had only 2000 yen on hand, so he borrowed money from Shimanoumi. Then he had second thoughts about being in sumo at all, so he decided to give it back.

It actually sounds like on the second day Shimanoumi was already asking for the money back, and Hidenoumi was reassuring him he will return the money.

This is why I didn't translate it, I read it about 3 times and I still couldn't get what was exactly going on so I gave up.

Posted (edited)

Hidenoumi : "I had only 2000 yen, so I asked Shimanoumi to lend me some money and he did."  Two days later:

Shimanoumi : "You ain't go it??"

Hidenoumi: "Sorry, sorry, I'll give it back.."

It's been ten years now.  But did he ever return the money? Does not say.

As for Goueidou: "When he was active he was busy being an Ozeki and did not offer me any advice. When he became an Oyakata everything changed and he has been giving me some advice. I'm really happy. He seems to be relieved to have retired and he's a great senpai. He is manly. All of his kohais from Saitama Sakae love him.."

Last basho, Goueidou was always there when Hidenoumi was about to be interviewed and that stressed him out. After getting injured and doing bad sumo against Kagayaki on day 9, Goueidou (Takekuma Oyakata) said unto him angrily: "What kind of amateur sumo are you doing? What are you afraid of ??"

Edited by Kintamayama
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Tokushouryuu  is sure to be promoted to Makuuchi next basho. "You've got to always aim higher, otherwise it's all over. Makuuchi is the 'show", so that's where you aim to be. My condition? I guess you can say as usual, but as the basho arrives earlier than usual this time, everything is somewhat hurried.. It's been a while since I got double digit wins (he went 11-4 in Juryo last basho). It did build my confidence for sure. Last January's yusho? A thing of the past. The thought of getting the yusho never entered my mind at the start of that basho - it's not something I am aiming for. As everyone says- one basho at a time, one bout at a time. It probably sounds boring to keep hearing that from everyone, but it's totally true," he said. He is getting on with the years (will be 35 in August) so he needs to take care of his body. "It's no use saying you need to care for your body after an injury-you have to do that before. My wife makes me cereals and assorted grains instead of white rice. I am thankful for that.." he summed.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

Ura trained at home today-no sumo, just outside of the ring stuff. "I did nothing today.. I try to do what I can  but I'm lacking in stamina so I'm not able to train. I'm eating a lot of double MacDonald cheeseburgers lately. I hear it's about 40 grams of protein. If that's true, it's cool.  I can't find 40 grams of protein in any other food. In the morning, I eat a morning Mac. Then a sausage muffin that has 15 grams of protein. I buy about ten of them and snack on them during the day. It's not what an athlete usually eats, it's not something recommended, but I feel it's a real shortcut for me," he summed.

(Maybe that's why he has no stamina??)

Doing tegatas:

202106120000893-w1300_0.jpg

Edited by Kintamayama
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 5

Posted (edited)

Wakatakakage had 16 bouts today against his brother and others and won 11. He set up a Go-Pro compact  video camera and filmed his training session, something he has been doing since March. "I like to review my training and see where I'm doing well and where I'm not. I'm working on my lower body and practicing bending my knees while coming in from a low stance," he explained.

202106120001198-w1300_0.jpg

Edited by Kintamayama
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

14 minutes ago, Kintamayama said:

He set up a Go-Pro compact  video camera and filmed his training session, something he has been doing since March.

Clip it to the mawashi!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Kintamayama said:

I'm eating a lot of double MacDonald cheeseburgers lately. I hear it's about 40 grams of protein. If that's true, it's cool.  I can't find 40 grams of protein in any other food.

Doing tegatas:

202106120000893-w1300_0.jpg

He doesn't know about protein shake? Even 200g of chicken breast is 60g of protein.

2 minutes ago, Joaoiyama said:

He doesn't know about protein shake? Even 200g of chicken breast is 60g of protein.

He either doesn't like shakes, or just likes burgers.. 

Anyone know where I can get one of those tegatas flavored with the sweet scent of Big Mac and sausage McMuffin? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

9 hours ago, Kintamayama said:

I try to do what I can  but I'm lacking in stamina so I'm not able to train. I'm eating a lot of double MacDonald cheeseburgers lately. I eat a morning Mac. Then a sausage muffin that has 15 grams of protein. I buy about ten of them and snack on them during the day. 

Sounds like he's on the american diet, he should be supersized in no time.....

• Like 1

One has to wonder if Super Size Me was ever shown in Japan...

That said, I know for a fact that a Big Mac in the USA is quite different from a Big Mac in the UK, as I've had both. The US version tasted awful in comparison and seemed to be a lot greasier. Maybe that's the difference between grain-fed and grass-fed cattle. I don't know, but it was different. 

So, maybe eating Japanese Macdonalds isn't as bad as we might think. Again, I don't know, but if I were Ura's coach I'd be monitoring his condition closely.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, RabidJohn said:

That said, I know for a fact that a Big Mac in the USA is quite different from a Big Mac in the UK, as I've had both. The US version tasted awful in comparison and seemed to be a lot greasier. Maybe that's the difference between grain-fed and grass-fed cattle. I don't know, but it was different. 

So, maybe eating Japanese Macdonalds isn't as bad as we might think. Again, I don't know, but if I were Ura's coach I'd be monitoring his condition closely.

Here is the menu, including seasonal items.

https://www.mcdonalds.co.jp/en/menu/

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, RabidJohn said:

Again, I don't know, but if I were Ura's coach I'd be monitoring his condition closely.

His coach is Kise. Kisebeya wrestlers have a trademark look, so Kise is probably intrigued with this new diet food Ura has found.

Edited by Churaumi
That look is morbid obesity mixed with pregnancy
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Churaumi said:

His coach is Kise. Kisebeya wrestlers have a trademark look, so Kise is probably intrigued with this new diet food Ura has found.

Maybe that's exactly why Ura is giving the chanko a wide berth.

18 minutes ago, Seiyashi said:

Maybe that's exactly why Ura is giving the chanko a wide berth.

I'm calling the next scandal. Ura gets caught entering a McDonald's after banzuke day in the company of Ronald McDonald, who comes out and threatens the Burger King.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Lets not forget this is the guy that has only five shirts and is living a minimalistic life.

• Haha 3

12 minutes ago, Kintamayama said:

Lets not forget this is the guy that has only five shirts and is living a minimalistic life.

He will find a way to recycle all those burger wrappers then. Maybe a particularly crinkly keshomawashi? Or a shimekomi that leaves an oily residue on his opponent's hands?

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, rhyen said:

Here is the menu, including seasonal items.

https://www.mcdonalds.co.jp/en/menu/

No Quarter Pounder with Cheese!
Something of a guilty pleasure for me, and way better than the Big Mac IMO, but there was me thinking the Quarter Pounder was as universal as the Big Mac, even if it's called the Royale in Paris...

Edited by RabidJohn

8 minutes ago, RabidJohn said:

the Royale

le royale

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)

And the Royal in Germany. But i prefer the TS to the Cheese. And of course, both AND the Big Mac lose to the Whopper and the Big King. Why eat with the Clown, when you can dine with the King?

Like @RabidJohn i instantly had to think of Super Size Me. But there's some serious cricism.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Super_Size_Me#Counter-claims

There are even more scientific test, which show SSM to be separated from the truth.

So i wouldn't read too much into that. And he doesn't say he eats ONLY McD.

Edited by Benihana

13 hours ago, RabidJohn said:

I didn't know about about the "documentary". 

I was just back in the US and people are getting even "bigger" than I the last time I was "home".

Eating 10 of any "burger" even if it is the "healthier" japan version can't be good for the arteries (not to mention a contributor to diabetes).

With that said, while back in the US my rental car of it's own violition turned into an In and Out Burger (it's been a 10 years).

I wouldn't be able to eat two in a day, let alone carry around 5 or 6 for snacks  :-}