Seiyashi

Asanoyama caught violating COVID restrictions

Recommended Posts

 ... and I was shamed for making an elaborate joke about the "Who is that Woman?" woman.(Inastateofconfusion...)

 

[only 415 replies until I get my Yokozuna banner!]

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Amamaniac said:

Why can't the NSK adopt two options: (A) sword in the belly, and (B) lop [or lob!] off the tip of the pinkie.  If Yakuza can't fire a pistol without their pinkie finger, just imagine how missing a pinkie would affect a rikishi's ability to fight on the belt!

Apologies.  I deal with tragedy through humour, even if it is both inappropriate and too early... (Weeping...)

Shall we add this to the 'What ifs?' thread?

"What if sumo solved its problems with seppuku? Which rikishi would no longer be around?"

Edited by Eikokurai

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Yamanashi said:

[only 415 replies until I get my Yokozuna banner!]

Just got my ozeki banner. I feel like, in view of this thread's topic, I should be promising to uphold the dignity of the rank, to aim upwards in my sumo, and not to get caught doing stupid things.

  • Like 2
  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Seiyashi said:

Just got my ozeki banner. I feel like, in view of this thread's topic, I should be promising to uphold the dignity of the rank, to aim upwards in my sumo, and not to get caught doing stupid things.

As a Yokozuna, I am unimpeachable, so I can make all the crass jokes I like.

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Eikokurai said:
5 minutes ago, Seiyashi said:

Just got my ozeki banner. I feel like, in view of this thread's topic, I should be promising to uphold the dignity of the rank, to aim upwards in my sumo, and not to get caught doing stupid things.

As a Yokozuna, I am unimpeachable, so I can make all the crass jokes I like.

Just watch that remote control... (Ragingatcomputer...)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Seiyashi said:

Just watch that remote control... (Ragingatcomputer...)

I won't retire no matter how many Takanoiwas I beat up. They can't make me! 

Edited by Eikokurai
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Churaumi said:

Only if they snatch the airborne pinkie out of the air with chopsticks.

Tu3yp0R.gif

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Eikokurai said:

Shall we add this to the 'What ifs?' thread?

"What if sumo solved its problems with seppuku? Which rikishi would no longer be around?"

How would you even hold a basho, with all the dead gyoji all over the dohyo?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How did you folks get up to 13 pages of content on this subject without any real information being presented?

I am so impressed!  Gambarimasu!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Kaminariyuki said:

How did you folks get up to 13 pages of content on this subject without any real information being presented?

I am so impressed!  Gambarimasu!

By making posts like this, obviously.  Whether I'm referring to my own post or what I'm quoting is not relevant, as both are true.

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Kaminariyuki said:

How did you folks get up to 13 pages of content on this subject without any real information being presented?

I am so impressed!  Gambarimasu!

4 minutes ago, Gurowake said:

By making posts like this, obviously.  Whether I'm referring to my own post or what I'm quoting is not relevant, as both are true.

Ah yes, well observed.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Godango said:

Ah yes, well observed.

 

 

Many weeks to the next basho. I really figured, though, when I saw there were 13 pages, well, something must have actually happened. I underestimated y'all, and I suppose, myself, in due course. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 21/05/2021 at 23:43, Kintamayama said:

Asanoyama intends to continue his sumo life, even if he drops to Makushita and lower, says his father. He is ready to hear  an intai suggestion from the Kyokai as well. "He is really sorry for  causing people bother. It is inexcusable. If he will be allowed to remain in the Kyokai he will see to it that he will struggle to the death.. " said his dad.

OK, I see how this could go 13 pages... I think if Asanoyama is demoted by absence, it won't matter how many basho. Ura, Abi, Terunofuji and many others have shown that sekitori are pretty much going to clean house down in the lower three divisions. It's just a matter of racking up the yushos and suffering the lower pay until the banzuke forgives you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Kaminariyuki said:

OK, I see how this could go 13 pages... I think if Asanoyama is demoted by absence, it won't matter how many basho. Ura, Abi, Terunofuji and many others have shown that sekitori are pretty much going to clean house down in the lower three divisions. It's just a matter of racking up the yushos and suffering the lower pay until the banzuke forgives you.

I'm calling it now. Asanoyama yusho from M17 in September 2022.

  • Like 2
  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Trouble is that he has already been punished with one basho.
But it takes 4 more to get down to unpaid makushita.

And if so(1+4 suspensions) Asanoyama instantly return to sekitori with good result on ~Ms5.
From one side: just excessive mental cruelty.
From other: well paid long vacation.

I already suggested just throwing Asanoyama into Jonokuchi. (Jk1)
1.this is a big fine (loss of money)
2.no mental cruelty (house arrest)
3.the same amount of time to return to sanyaku

But seems too late. Next banzuke ready. Or they can throw him to Sd100 next basho.

Edited by Qwerry

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Qwerry said:

Trouble is that he has already been punished with one basho.
But it takes 4 more to get down to unpaid makushita.

And if so(1+4 suspensions) Asanoyama instantly return to sekitori with good result on ~Ms5.
From one side: just excessive mental cruelty.
From other: well paid long vacation.

I already suggested just throwing Asanoyama into Jonokuchi. (Jk1)
1.this is a big fine (loss of money)
2.no mental cruelty (house arrest)
3.the same amount of time to return to sanyaku

But seems too late. Next banzuke ready. Or they can throw him to Sd100 next basho.

I very much doubt his kyujo this past basho will be considered any kind of punishment, as it wasn't for Abi. It's as much about removing a potential infection risk.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Tigerboy1966 said:

I'm calling it now. Asanoyama yusho from M17 in September 2022.

Please do remind us in a year and a half if you called this one. I can barely remember what I ate for breakfast. It's clearly plausible.

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Tigerboy1966 said:

I'm calling it now. Asanoyama yusho from M17 in September 2022.

Seeing Asanoyama already has a yusho from M8, I think this is unlikely. Only one rikishi has managed 2 hiramaku yusho: Kotonishiki, who did it at M5 and M12. By this logic Asanoyama could only hope for a yusho at M9.

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know this has probably been said already but if he is given a multi-basho suspension Asanoyama will be kicking himself for not getting eight wins in May. If he had, due to the peculiarities of the kadoban system even two consecutive 0-0-15s would have only dropped him to sekiwake!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, ryafuji said:

I know this has probably been said already but if he is given a multi-basho suspension Asanoyama will be kicking himself for not getting eight wins in May. If he had, due to the peculiarities of the kadoban system even two consecutive 0-0-15s would have only dropped him to sekiwake!

As it is he still has a one-basho cushion as he will only be kadoban ozeki next basho. I think he will be kicking himself for a lot more than just failing to get eight this basho, if he does indeed get suspended.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Seiyashi said:

As it is he still has a one-basho cushion as he will only be kadoban ozeki next basho. I think he will be kicking himself for a lot more than just failing to get eight this basho, if he does indeed get suspended.

If he had gone kachikoshi, they would probably have added one more basho to any suspension he might get.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 26/05/2021 at 12:06, Kamitsuumi said:

Seeing Asanoyama already has a yusho from M8, I think this is unlikely. Only one rikishi has managed 2 hiramaku yusho: Kotonishiki, who did it at M5 and M12. By this logic Asanoyama could only hope for a yusho at M9.

Why? If he is suspended for three bashos, he will re-start from Juryo, and return to the makuuchi to start from, most possibly, the low makuuchi

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Dapeng said:

Why? If he is suspended for three bashos, he will re-start from Juryo, and return to the makuuchi to start from, most possibly, the low makuuchi

Oh it was more of a joke answer. Seeing that the minimum maegashira yushos were from M17, and that the only person to do it twice had them at M5 and M12 (M5+M12 = M17, obviously), I posit that M17 is the maximum allotment of maegashira yushos per rikishi. As such Asanoyama will get his yusho no lower than M17 - M8 = M9

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Dapeng said:

Why? If he is suspended for three bashos, he will re-start from Juryo, and return to the makuuchi to start from, most possibly, the low makuuchi

I suspect that they would prefer that he restart at very low Juryo or high Makushita.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now