• green
    • blue
    • brown
    • purple
    • pink
    • gold
    • black
    • other colour, please specify in comments

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/05/21 at 05:55

Disclaimer/introduction for new players

The Wall:

If a sumotori gets his first makekoshi (MK = losing record) in that respective division, it's called "hitting the wall" (KK = winning record, means missing the wall, which is a good thing). Since there are no first-time promotees to juryo or makuuchi and everybody hit the wall last basho, we'll have only the Ura-special.

Promotion/demotion/kadoban/intai:

Takakeisho got his KK, so he preserved his rank. Shodai on the other hand is kadoban again. It's now the 2nd time he is kadoban and he will be demoted to Sekiwake in case of an MK.

Guess the colour of the giant macaron:

One of the prices for the yusho winner is a giant fake macaron (as placeholder for a load of real, normal sized macarons from one of the best Pâtisseries in Paris). The colour varies and it has become a popular game to guess it.

Ura is fine. Takakeisho and Terunofuji persevere. Asanoyama and Shodai don't make the cut this time. Brown macaron will make an appearance.

And we have a winner! @Churaumi quickly leapt to first place by guessing Asanoyama's kadoban correct, but then blew it on a Shodai kadoban. That left us with 8 contenders for the yusho prior to the macaron. With an outstanding move @Pitinosato put aside the whole competition with a hail mary on the golden macaron.

Contratulations @Pitinosato

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Benihana said:

And we have a winner! @Churaumi quickly leapt to first place by guessing Asanoyama's kadoban correct, but then blew it on a Shodai kadoban. That left us with 8 contenders for the yusho prior to the macaron. With an outstanding move @Pitinosato put aside the whole competition with a hail mary on the golden macaron.

Contratulations @Pitinosato

I dunno, looks quite gold AND BROWN to me.... (Scratchingchin...)(not that I expect it affect on results really. :-D)

(Source: SumoKyokai's twitter)

Congratz to winner, thanks to poll host and already looking forward to next one. (Heart...) (Dohyo-iri...)

E2Eg3fSVUAEXQ4Z.jpg

• Thanks 1

Wow. I hadn't seen it before, i only was told it was golden. That changes everything, because now @Churaumi and @Pitinosato are in a playoff! And the Asanoyama-kadoban is THE tie-breaker of the basho.

I deeply apologize to both and the other players and declare @Churaumi the winner. I put shame on myself as tate gyoji and therefore offer my resignation and ritual self-disembowelment.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Benihana said:

Wow. I hadn't seen it before, i only was told it was golden. That changes everything, because now @Churaumi and @Pitinosato are in a playoff! And the Asanoyama-kadoban is THE tie-breaker of the basho.

I deeply apologize to both and the other players and declare @Churaumi the winner. I put shame on myself as tate gyoji and therefore offer my resignation and ritual self-disembowelment.

I will do my best to live up to the title of Poll Yusho Winner, and will gambarize next tournament. I hope to represent Churaumibeya well, and aim to become pollzeki.

• Like 2

I haven't done this poll for a while but I see that Benihana may put them up around Banzuke day, so I'll have to jump in with my wild and unreasonable prognostications next basho. Only two weeks to go. Clearly the macaron selection is crucial. I wonder if there's a list somewhere of past colors...