Kintamayama

Preparations of the Y/O- Natsu 2021

Recommended Posts

9 hours ago, dingo said:
9 hours ago, Morning said:

That's what we need, a new yokozuna with a busted knee from gambarizing for the Ozeki responsibilities.

His knees were busted already a long time ago. 

And with one knee, one and a half knees, or half a knee, he's the best wrestler competing in this basho... and there isn't a close second, (adopts Kevin Keegan voice) and I would LOVE IT if he beats them all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 08/05/2021 at 20:32, Tigerboy1966 said:

he's the best wrestler competing in this basho... and there isn't a close second,

I think that remains to be seen. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, dingo said:
On 09/05/2021 at 01:32, Tigerboy1966 said:

he's the best wrestler competing in this basho... and there isn't a close second,

I think that remains to be seen. 

Takakeisho when healthy can give Terunofuji a run for his money. And he does look healthy this basho.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Seiyashi said:

Takakeisho when healthy can give Terunofuji a run for his money. And he does look healthy this basho.

As long as the bout doesn't run longer than 15 seconds, maybe. 

  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Kintamayama said:

As long as the bout doesn't run longer than 15 seconds, maybe. 

Yeah, the eternal curse of the wiseass remark on shonichi never goes unpunished (Thinkingindepth...)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If we're talking about qualifiers you can always add more of them:

- As long as Terunofuji doesn't reinjure his knees (can happen out of the blue really) 

- As long as Hakuho doesn't heal up 

- As long as Asanoyama keeps losing easy bouts

- As long as Gagamaru won't reenter sumo and finally gon on his Ozeki run (that one might be a stretch) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, dingo said:

- As long as Hakuho doesn't heal up 

 

44 minutes ago, dingo said:

- As long as Gagamaru won't reenter sumo and finally gon on his Ozeki run (that one might be a stretch) 

Those feel about as stretchy. I don’t see Hakuho ever lasting to face another ozeki.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, dingo said:

If we're talking about qualifiers you can always add more of them:

- As long as Terunofuji doesn't reinjure his knees (can happen out of the blue really) 

- As long as Hakuho doesn't heal up 

- As long as Asanoyama keeps losing easy bouts

- As long as Gagamaru won't reenter sumo and finally gon on his Ozeki run (that one might be a stretch) 

No, Takakeishou cannot win bouts longer than 15 seconds, regardless of anything else happening in the universe.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Takakeisho reminds me of Goeido. He was unbeatable when the tachi-ai enabled that densha-michi of his. If it didn't go his way, there wasn't a good plan B.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Flailing about seems to be Takakeisho's.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now