Jejima

The Bench Euros 2020 (taking place in 2021)

Deadlines for entries are presumably 30 minutes before Italy vs Spain kicks off tomorrow, except for the Saucer Finals which will be much earlier - Godango to confirm, but possibly 24 hours from now?

There are different rules for the Semifinals (Saucer Finals) due to the lack of games. So, please read carefully (players and refiojis), the next post. :-)

Rules for the Semifinals (Saucer Finals)

The two real semifinal matches are broken into 'three' parts.

a) the result of the first half

b) the result of the second half

c) the result of extra time (if no extra-time, this counts as a 'normal' 0-0 draw - even if it features a © or ® team) - Penalty shoot-outs are not included.

Players need to label which part of the match they are predicting. Remember that a player predicts for all parts of the match for the teams still on their roster. So if the player has all four teams, he will have 12 slots in total. Label as follows:- (1st) = first half, (2nd) = second half, (ET) = Extra time.

Players need to highlight their (S1) and (S2) teams (from the previous two rounds - if still in) - by putting it by the first mention of that team in their line-up.

The © and ® teams - if any players is lucky enough to still have them - have slightly different rules (new for this competition). You choose which part of the match (so 1st, 2nd or ET - remember if no extra time occurs, then any ® or © team in that slot is counted as a 'normal' draw. If extra time does occur, then ® and © teams in that slot get the 'special' powers.) to use your special ® or © powers. This power can only be used once - so choose carefully. For the other two time periods, they count as 'normal' teams. Players need to remember to indicate (just the once) which slot he intends to use the special powers.

Normal time rules
As for previous rounds.

Extra time rules
The chain restarts for extra time from the slot after the one that ended the normal time results. (It does not go back to the start for a second run-through.)

Penalty shoot-out
Already printed on this thread, when I collected your semifinal (Saucer final) penalty takers. 

'Drone' rules (Award a yellow card)
All teams already knocked out of the World Cup/Euros are removed from the drone's line-up.

The order of a drone's squad will be the current order of his remaining teams, from 1st half - Extra time. E.g. Drone: 1. first team (1st), 2. first team (2nd), 3. first team (ET), 4. second team (1st), 4. second team (2nd) etc, where 'first team' means the first team in their previous line-up (for the quarter-finals) still in the World Cup / Euros competition.

If a drone still has a © and/or ® team in its squad, the special powers are used in the first possible position.

'Semi-drone' rules.... (Award a yellow card)
If any player omits to give the 'time' for the match, E.g. 1. England, 2. Germany etc, it will be assumed to be 1. England (1st), 2. England (2nd), 3. England (ET), 4. Germany (1st) etc

If a semi-drone still has a © and/or ® team in its squad, the special powers are used in the first possible position.

Real Semifinal matches:

6th July 8pm (London time)
Italy vs Spain

7th July 8pm (London time)
England vs Denmark

Funny: The only team advancing to the semifinals both in game and reality is . . . Denmark! They're even more destined to win the Cup now. Fujiko, ganbatte!

I need one list of penalty takers from everyone still in the competition, except for players in the Saucer Finals. 

This is NOT for the upcoming round of Semifinal matches (Saucer finals), I already have your picks for those.

The next post will explain the rules for penalty, and I will then set up the survey monkey survey... 

40 minutes ago, Jejima said:

Bench Euros 2020 Bowl Semifinals

Match 2:
Refioji: Jakusotsu

Jejima (England) vs Pitinosato (Netherlands)

Bench Euros 2020 Cup Semifinals

Match 2:
Godango (Hungary) vs Djodjoyoshi (Poland)

Excitingly, both matches will feature the same three teams on both sides with one ® (Jejima) and one © (Godango) to spice things up.

Waiting for those nine-slots arrangements you all know where to send.

Edited by Jakusotsu

Penalty Takers for the Finals

Players need to predict the final finishing order of the four last teams. These predictions need to be submitted before the kick-off of the first Semi-final match.

Players need to submit the order their predictions for the final positions of the remaining four teams.... 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th and they also need to make a prediction for the time of the first goal in the finals

If no goals are scored in normal and extra time, the first goal of the match will be considered to be the first penalty scored in a penalty shoot-out, and will count as '121 minutes'. A prediction of '46 minutes' (etc) will be considered to be the 1st minute of the second half, unless otherwise stated. (A prediction of '45 minutes' / '90 minutes' etc does not include the minutes after that number, being played in 'injury time' at the end of a half. If you wish to predict the second minute of 'injury time' in the first half, you need to say 45+2.)

As there is no 3rd place play-off match, for the purpose of the penalty shoot-out the third placed team is determined as the team that did best whilst losing in the semi-finals. This will be based on 90 mins, then 120 mins, then penalties. So, if one match goes to extra time, the losing team automatically defeats the team in the match that lost in normal time. Goal differences, goals scored etc will also be taken into account to determine the better third-placed team.

If it is impossible to separate the two semi-final losing teams, as they end up with identical losses, then no penalty goals will be awarded for either team.

The penalty shoot-out will be as follows....

3 penalty goals awarded for predicting the Euros winner, 2 penalty goals for predicting the runner-up. 1 penalty goal for predicting the 'third placed team (see above)'. 0 penalty goals for the 'fourth placed team'. The sudden death starts after the first two slots (i.e with the third slot). If no winner can be determined during this time (NB, we do not go back to the first two teams), there is an extra penalty goal to be awarded to the player whose prediction of the time of the first goal in the match is the closest to the actual time of it being scored. This includes injury time. For example, player A predicts 44 minutes and player B predicts 48 minutes. The first goal was scored in the fifth minute of first-half injury time (45+5) out of a total six minutes of injury time played. Player B gets the extra penalty goal, because their prediction (1+3 minutes) is closer than Player A's (5).

If a player predicts a time that did NOT happen, they are penalised for any extra fictional minutes, by having them added to the prediction. For example, the player predicted 45+6, but the first half only had an additional 2 minutes, the player is penalised by having the 4 fictional minutes added to their guess when seeing who is closest to the actual first goal.

If there is still a tie, due to both players having identical times for their 'first goals' - or are an equal number of minutes away on either side of the actual time of the first goal, then the penalty taker list for the semi-finals, then quarter-finals and then the round of 16 will be used- but only for the overall winner, which will score a single penalty.

If there is still a tie after that, then it is the player with the fewest red cards, then fewest yellow cards that wins. After that, it is the player that did best in the group matches, that wins. If still evenly matched, then, the player who has/had the lowest ranked ® team at the start of the tournament who is the winner!

Rules for drones:

The first four teams in the PK line-up for the semi-finals will be used. The drone(s) prediction(s) for the first goal of the match will be 0 minutes.

Edited by Jejima

The remaining players and their teams

Atenzan

Italy ©

England (S1)

Athenayama

Spain

Italy

England (S2)

Chijanofuji

Spain ©

Denmark

Italy (S2)

chishafuwaku

Italy

Spain (S1)

Djodjoyoshi

Italy

Denmark

England (S1)

Fujiko

England

Italy

Denmark ®

Ganzohnesushi

Spain

Denmark

Italy (S1)

Godango

England ©

Italy

Denmark

Jejima

England ®

Spain

Italy

Joaoiyama

Denmark

Kuma-Koma

Spain

Nantonoyama

Italy ®

England (S1)

Pitinosato

England

Spain

Italy (S1)

Shounokuni

Italy

Denmark ©

England (S1)

I have received the final list of penalty takers from:-
Jejima
Fujiko
chishafuwaku
Nantonoyama
Kuma-Koma
Jaoaiyama
Pitinosato
Athenayama
Djodjoyoshi
Ganzohnesushi
Atenzan

I am awaiting the list of penalty takers from @Godango

Edited by Jejima

Golden Boot Standings (after fifth match)

We now have a battle on our hands! Godango joins Pitinosato to be tied for this race. Nantonoyama and the two players on 9 goals are still in contention. 

=1. (+3) Godango 11 (+7)
=1. (=) Pitinosato 11 (+7)
3. (-1) Nantonoyama 10 (+6)
4. (-1) Atenzan 9 (+5)
5. (+4) Fujiko 9 (+4)
6. (=) Jejima 8 (+3)
7. (-1) Ganzohnesushi 8 (+2)
8. (-3) Athenayama 7 (+3)
9. (+5) Djodjoyoshi 6 (+3)
10. (-2) Kuma-Koma 6 (0)
=11. (-2) Joaoiyama 6 (-2)
=11. (=) Kaba 6 (-2)
13. (+5) Shounokuni 6 (-3)
14. (+1) Chishafuwaku 5 (+1)
15. (-3) Baku 5 (-4)
16. (-3) Nekonishiki 5 (-5)
17. (-2) Andrasoyama 4 (-1)
18. (-1) Furanohana 4 (-4)
=19. (+5) Chijanofuji 3 (-1)
=19. (=) Ojisan 3 (-1)
=21. (-1) Achiyama 3 (-3)
=21. (-1) Terarno 3 (-3)
23. (-1) Finngall 3 (-5)
24. (-1) Jakusotsu 3 (-7)

We have a new leader at the stop of the standings! Djodjoyoshi has only let 3 goals slip by in 5 matches. Not bad at all. There are six players just a goal further behind, chomping at the bit to overtake Djodjoyoshi....

Golden Gloves Savings (Top 8) after five matches

1. (+3) Djodjoyoshi 3 (+3)
=2. (+6) Godango 4 (+7)
=2. (+4) Pitinosato 4 (+7)
4. (+3) Nantonoyama 4 (+6)
5. (-3) Atenzan 4 (+5)
6. (-5) Athenayama 4 (+3)
7. (+2) chishafuwaku 4 (+1)
8. (+4) Fujiko 5 (+4)

---------------------------------------------------------
Jejima 5 (+3)
Ganzohnesushi 6 (+2)
Kuma-Koma 6 (0)
Joaoiyama 8 (-2)

3 hours ago, Jejima said:

Bench Euros 2020 Plate Semifinals
Winners progress to the Plate Finals. Losers go home.

Match 1:
Refioji: Pitinosato
Joaoiyama (North Macedonia) vs Atenzan (Czechia)

Match 2:
Refioji: Pitinosato
Kuma-Koma (Croatia) vs Athenayama (Belgium)

Please as usual as PM to me, Deadline as Jejima suggested

Pitinosato

Trivia....

My four year old boy Felix (AKA Kaba) would have been the only player to have all four semifinalist teams in his squad,  if only he was not on the plane home...

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Jejima said:

Bench Euros 2020 Saucer Finals

Match 1:
Refioji: Godango
(NB Please set the entry deadline for before you go to bed, as we don't want you waking up in the middle of the night - but we also want to see the line-ups.)

Shounokuni (Ukraine) vs Chijanofuji (Slovakia)

Please get your line-ups to Godango as soon as possible! Also, please confirm with him that you won't change the line-up, so he can publish early - and get some sleep. ;-)

Bench Euros 2020 Bowl Semifinals
Winners progress to the Bowl Finals. Losers go home.

Match 1:
Refioji: Nekonishiki

Nantonoyama (Italy) vs chishafuwaku (Portugal)

Match 2:

Jejima (England) vs Pitinosato (Netherlands)

Bench Euros 2020 Plate Semifinals
Winners progress to the Plate Finals. Losers go home.

Match 1:
Refioji: Pitinosato
Joaoiyama (North Macedonia) vs Atenzan (Czechia)

Match 2:
Refioji: Pitinosato
Kuma-Koma (Croatia) vs Athenayama (Belgium)

Bench Euros 2020 Cup Semifinals
Winners progress to the Cup Finals. Losers progress to the 3rd place play-off.

Match 1:
Refioji: Nekonishiki

Fujiko (Denmark) vs Ganzohnesushi (Austria)

Match 2:
Godango (Hungary) vs Djodjoyoshi (Poland)

On the plane home (economy class):
Nekonishiki (Russia) (Flyingaplane...)
Finngall (Germany) (Flyingaplane...)
Jakusotsu (Scotland) (Flyingaplane...)
Furanohana (Switzerland) (Flyingaplane...)
Baku (Turkey) (Flyingaplane...)
Kaba (Finland) (Flyingaplane...)

On the plane home (economy class with extra leg room):
Terarno (France) (Flyingaplane...)(Flyingaplane...)
Achiyama (Spain) (Flyingaplane...)(Flyingaplane...)
Ojisan (Sweden) (Flyingaplane...)(Flyingaplane...)
Andrasoyama (Wales) (Flyingaplane...)(Flyingaplane...)

As I am on the plane, I can enjoy my vacation.

• Like 1

On 03/07/2021 at 09:56, Kuma-Koma said:
On 03/07/2021 at 08:54, Athenayama said:

Regarding the Belgium-Italy yesterday, even though the Italians are obviously the masters of "Comedia del arte", I was extremely disgusted when the majority of (probably Belgium) "fans" boohooed an obviously very heavy injured Spinazolla. Instead of cheering and applause him as it should have been for any normal sports fan. I saw yesterday what football is at its worst.  There will never be an end to this non sense...

Indeed. But I mentioned to Nekonishiki yesterday that it is so hard to distinguish between the real injuries and the acting... Faking injuries should be banished from football completely. If a team wanted to keep their advantage, they should use only the fair ways, like doing everything a bit slower or refraining from attacking.

The faking is out of hand and ridiculous but one sure indicator the injury is real is when the player starts twirling their fingers round and round to indicate he needs to be subbed out. Spinazaola does this literally as soon as he was able to stop himself. 

@Chijanofuji & Shounokuni (no @ option for Shounokuni -- can @Jejima make sure they see this.

Please get your tips to me no later than 9PM AEST (UTC+10) -- I believe that's 1pm for @Chijanofuji, but please check that for yourself.

Edited by Godango

Just now, Godango said:

@Chijanofuji & Shounokuni (no @ option for Shounokuni -- can @Jejima

Just sent you Shounokuni's lineup via forum PM

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Godango said:

@Chijanofuji & Shounokuni (no @ option for Shounokuni -- can @Jejima make sure they this.

Please get your tips to me no later than 9PM AEST (UTC+10) -- I believe that's 1pm for @Chijanofuji, but please check that for yourself.

Line-up sent!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chijanofuji said:

Line-up sent!

I'm sent you a pm regarding your line-up -- you'll need to make some changes and shoot it through to me again.

9PM AEST / 1PM CEST is the deadline in order for me to post line-ups prior to matches starting.

1 hour ago, Godango said:

I'm sent you a pm regarding your line-up -- you'll need to make some changes and shoot it through to me again.

9PM AEST / 1PM CEST is the deadline in order for me to post line-ups prior to matches starting.

OK, line-up change made!

• Like 1

Bench Euros 2020 Saucer Finals| Match 1

Thank you to both players and @Atenzan for getting these tips in bright and early for the battle of Saucer Supremacy!

I don't know about the rest of you, but I am liking the look of these line-up's! There's not a single common slot among them, so things could be decided as early as slot 1 -- however we won't have a definitive outcome until after ENG v DNK (...right?).

Will England give 'Ukranian' Shounokuni the Edge? Or will Spain Steal Success for 'Slovakian' @Chijanofuji?

Brace the edge of your seats and you strap in to them, sports fans. This is gonna be EPIC.

Team Line-ups
Shounokuni (Ukraine) vs Chijanofuji (Slovakia)
England (S1) 2nd   Spain (C) 1st
Italy 1st   Italy (S2) 1st
Denmark (C) ET   Italy 2nd
Italy 2nd   Spain 2nd
England ET   Italy ET
England 1st   Spain ET
Italy ET   Denmark 1st
Denmark 1st   Denmark 2nd
Denmark 2nd   Denmark ET
Comments
    Woot! I'm in a final! Even if it isn't the Cup but the Saucer ;-)

2 hours ago, Godango said:

There's not a single common slot among them, 

Apart from the Italy 1st, of course. ;-)