Jejima

The Bench Euros 2020 (taking place in 2021)

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, Joaoiyama said:

Neymar never reached his full potential

Depends what you see as his potential. As B-movie actor he's world class.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Joaoiyama said:

Drank so much beer(ironicaly) i blacked out, haven't watched a Brazil game since, the team is joke and Neymar never reached his full potential, can't carry.

I watched live Neymar's team at the time, Santos, lose to Sport Recife in Recife back in 2012. But no Neymar, as he was at the Olympics. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Joaoiyama said:

Drank so much beer(ironicaly) i blacked out, haven't watched a Brazil game since, the team is joke and Neymar never reached his full potential, can't carry.

Well isn't all this a little unfair to Neymar? I mean he didn't play that game as he was injured. And about carrying the whole team, didn't he do exactly that at the olympics and won the gold medal? He has flaws I agree but he's a world class player objectively.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Joaoiyama said:

Drank so much beer(ironicaly) i blacked out, haven't watched a Brazil game since, the team is joke and Neymar never reached his full potential, can't carry.

Well, of course I was also drunk (7 beer minimum, one for each goal (Holidayfeeling...)) as was half of Germany.

Neymar? What a waste of talent. I dont remember a player in history whom I disliked more. Perhaps van Hanegem ('74) and van Breukelen (88/90) from Netherlands...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Athenayama said:

Well isn't all this a little unfair to Neymar? I mean he didn't play that game as he was injured. And about carrying the whole team, didn't he do exactly that at the olympics and won the gold medal? He has flaws I agree but he's a world class player objectively.

Sorry, but Neymar is the most unsportsmanlike player in football history. World class player or not, he is a nasty guy. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Ganzohnesushi said:

I dont remember a player in history whom I disliked more.

Well, there's always Andy Möller, but he wasn't exactly a waste of talent...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Ganzohnesushi said:

Sorry, but Neymar is the most unsportsmanlike player in football history. World class player or not, he is a nasty guy. 

As I said he has flaws but if we consider only football skills and performance, well...

Edited by Athenayama

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

First penalty shoot-out of the basho. I don't want to risk a bet...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Jakusotsu said:

First penalty shoot-out of the basho. I don't want to risk a bet...

I'll risk it. France out ....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Athenayama said:

Well isn't all this a little unfair to Neymar? I mean he didn't play that game as he was injured. And about carrying the whole team, didn't he do exactly that at the olympics and won the gold medal? He has flaws I agree but he's a world class player objectively.

Not blaming only him for the 7x1, but for ruining football for a lot of Brazilian fans and other players, he doesn't represent the spirit of Brazilian football on the grass and that spreads to all the other players. He is supposed to be the "captain" but is sinking the ship, if he was partying and playing like Ronaldinho or Romario no one would have a problem, besides no one here cares about football in the olympics and barely care about copa américa, it's all about how you lead the team in the world cup. Regarding his skills, we still don't view him in the same eyes of other legends, he still has one more chance in 2022, we'll see if he rewrites history.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Joaoiyama said:

Not blaming only him for the 7x1, but for ruining football for a lot of Brazilian fans and other players, he doesn't represent the spirit of Brazilian football on the grass and that spreads to all the other players. He is supposed to be the "captain" but is sinking the ship, if he was partying and playing like Ronaldinho or Romario no one would have a problem, besides no one here cares about football in the olympics and barely care about copa américa, it's all about how you lead the team in the world cup. Regarding his skills, we still don't view him in the same eyes of other legends, he still has one more chance in 2022, we'll see if he rewrites history.

Great comment, I unfortunately have to agree to most of it.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Half of Brazil loves him while the other half has lost all hope.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Joaoiyama said:

Half of Brazil loves him while the other half has lost all hope.

Sounds like he's in good company with your president.

(no, I didn't write this - don't respond - we don't want to go political...)

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Athenayama said:

I'll risk it. France out ....

Chicken Dinner!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Refioji Nekonishiki
Octofinal matches - Day 3

SO many goals today....


chishafuwaku vs Ganzohnesushi

I didn't have time to begin checking the extra time line-up yesterday.
Actually Ganzohnesushi has already won the extra time with at least one goal.
chishafuwaku's chain has broken in Slot #2 at latest.

Atenzan vs Achiyama

Not much to report, we still have to wait for tomorrow to count Atenzan's goals.

EC2021_Round16_Matches_Day_3.jpg

Color coding:

colorcode.jpg

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Excellent effort by the Swiss guys. They were up, they were badly down, and they still prevailed. Great sumo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Jakusotsu said:

Excellent effort by the Swiss guys. They were up, they were badly down, and they still prevailed. Great sumo.

And no henka, they played ball !

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I must have some Swiss neighbors, I heard many screams when the penalties ended. Or maybe they are German? ;-)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Jakusotsu said:

Depends on what kind of screams... B-)

Yes, I should have been more accurate. Well no one was in pain that's for sure....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Octofinals Matches #1 & 2

Results After Day 3

Match 1

Draws for @Terarnoin slot 1, 6 & 7, and Fujiko in slot 8.

Far out, there's some work to do to wrap my head around who wants who to win here, one moment...

Okay! Fujiko needs an England win, and a Win/Draw for Ukraine to take the match outright.

Terarno needs a German Win or Draw, and a Swedish win to take it for himself.

All other outcomes lead to a draw and a penalty shoout-out! The logic of which I am yet to fully comprehend..

Match 1
Score Result Fujiko (Denmark) vs Terarno (France) Result Score
    England (N)   France (N) D  
  L Wales (N)   Sweden (N)    
    Italy (N)   Italy (N)    
  W Belgium (S1)   England (S1)    
    Ukraine (C)   Wales (N) L  
2* W Denmark (R)   Spain (N) D  
    Germany (N)   Croatia (N) D  
  D Switzerland (N)        
             
0 Total Score   0

Match 2

The draw for France means this contest is over, and @Joaoiyama moves to the next round with a score-to-be-determined victory. Commiserations to @Nantonoyama, who was valiant in defeat.

Match 2
Score Result Nantonoyama (Italy) vs Joaoiyama (North Macedonia) Result Score
  D France (N)   France (C) D 1
  D Italy (R)   Belgium (S1) W 1
    Sweden (N)   Netherlands (N) L  
    England (S1)   Germany (N)    
  W Germany (N)   Wales (N) L  
  W Czech Republic (C)   Denmark (N) W  
  D Croatia (N)   Switzerland (N) D  
  D Switzerland (N)        
             
0 Total Score   0
Edited by Godango
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Athenayama said:

I must have some Swiss neighbors, I heard many screams when the penalties ended. Or maybe they are German? ;-)

Same here... do you live in Gyzi, by any chance?
:P

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Atenzan said:

Same here... do you live in Gyzi, by any chance?
:P

I actually live in Paris - France. :-) Which was even weirder for me to hear screams of joy !

Edited by Athenayama
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Round of 16 - After the matches on Day 3 (June 28, 2021)

Saucer 1/4 Final (Refioji: Achiyama)

Counting only the 90 minutes of the matches:

KABA   JAKUSOTSU     FURANOHANA   CHIJANOFUJI
Squad Goals   Squad Goals     Squad Goals   Squad Goals
  1. England (S1)       1. Italy D       1. Italy  0        D     1. France 0       D
  2. Belgium (C)  1       W     2. France 0        D       2.France 0        D     2. Netherlands 0        L
  3. Austria 0        D     3. Denmark 1       W       3.Spain 0        D     3. Spain (C ) D
  4. Sweden       4. Germany (C )         4. England       4. Denmark W
  5. Spain D     5. Ukraine         5. Croatia D     5. Ukraine  
  6. Denmark W     6. England         6. Switzerland (R) D     6. Germany (S1)  
  7. Switzerland 0       D     0        L       7. Austria 0        D     7. Switzerland D
  8. Italy D     L              
                        
                       

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now