Kintamayama

Retired after March 2021

Extra class top tokoyama Tokoyodo turned 65 on the 18th and retired from the NSK. He was originally in the Asahiyama-beya of Futaseyama as at first Tokoyasu 床康. When the heya closed in February 2015 after the retirement of ex-Daiju he went to Isegahama-beya. Tokoyodo is unique because he changed his name 2 times, which usually tokoyama like yobidashi don't do. There was another, older Tokoyasu 床安 in Dewanoumi-beya. As they stayed in the same lodgings, he was asked to change the name, to avoid confusion. He changed his name to Tokoedo 床江戸, as the heya was in Edogawa ward. But since he was from Osaka, he changed to Tokoyodo 床淀  after some years, taken from Yodo river 淀川.

with Terutsuyoshi

202104220000725-w200_0.jpgo

Edited by Akinomaki
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

On 31/03/2021 at 12:47, Godango said:

Any word on Masutoo's future? IIRC he was very well acclimated to the Japanese way of life.

Ex-Masutouou started working today at the Hungarian Embassy in Japan. He sent in a job application and was accepted. "I never dreamed i would be working at the Hungarian Embassy. Awesome! I still can't believe it! " he said. He will be helping out with the "Hungary Festival 2021' slated to open on the 16th. He even moved a 110 kilo piano as part of the job..

Edited by Kintamayama
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 9

On 13/10/2021 at 18:01, Kintamayama said:

Ex-Masutouou started working today at the Hungarian Embassy in Japan. He sent in a job application and was accepted. "I never dreamed i would be working at the Hungarian Embassy. Awesome! I still can't believe it! " he said. He will be helping out with the "Hungary Festival 2021' slated to open on the 16th. He even moved a 110 kilo piano as part of the job..

IMG_1016.jpg

https://friday.kodansha.co.jp/article/214144

First work for Masutou, hatsu dohyo in the 2nd career, on Oct. 16th at the Ark Hills Karajan square (of course near the Suntory hall) in Minato ward.

• Like 3

On 30/11/2021 at 11:28, Akinomaki said:

First work for Masutou, hatsu dohyo in the 2nd career, on Oct. 16th at the Ark Hills Karajan square (of course near the Suntory hall) in Minato ward.

Ex-Masunosho came there for a visit. With the Hungarian ambassador, who tweeted it o :

FCBvC6OVEAUTtbp.jpg:large

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 02/04/2021 at 16:21, Akinomaki said:

Tomisakae turned You-tuber - the channel is unused for 6year https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSlxEPo477Jh6qL4H2-cFaA

He posted a sort of intai conference video today - he refused a danpatsushiki and will apparently get a simple haircut in the next video

He has been quite active on the channel recently, starting a series of videos where he challenges random fellas to a bout, and if they win, he'll give them the equivalent of $860 USD, or £640 GBP. The entertainment is laid on thick and probably not for sumō purists, but I found it quite entertaining.

Here's the latest video, where he takes on actor Ryōma Morimoto, rugby player Shinsuke Nakamura (not the pro wrestler!), and former Kindai sumo club member Kenta Kawai:

As an aside, here's Kawai competing against a much smaller Ura at the 2014 All Japan Student Championships. Looking at both guys now, it is as if they have swapped physiques.

Edited by rokudenashi
  • Like 3