Sign in to follow this  
WAKATAKE

JWS Hatsu 2021

12 minutes ago, Flohru said:

@WAKATAKEWhy not trust Athenayama and award him a win? After all, it was in the middle of the European night, when you notified the players about the situation with less than five hours to resend the pick..

Day 2 (and so on): Ura

Thanks @Flohru but it's ok. Let's not turn that into a Greek tragedy. ;-)

Rules are the same for everyone, sometimes it can give the advantage to some, the next day to some others. I'm fine and I'm motivated for the rest of the basho. Let's move on and forget about this.  :-)

Edited by Athenayama
  • Haha 1

@Flohru @Athenayama the way Athena had written it out I thought he had missed the original submission deadline, but if he missed resubmitting then I am all for giving him the win. It's my fault that the link was wrong in the first place, then finding out this new thing about Survey Monkey wanting paid upgrade to view additional submissions! So Athena, please let me know who your pick was on day 1 so that I can count you among the players. The more there is the better anyway!

• Thanks 3

17 minutes ago, WAKATAKE said:

@Flohru @Athenayama the way Athena had written it out I thought he had missed the original submission deadline, but if he missed resubmitting then I am all for giving him the win. It's my fault that the link was wrong in the first place, then finding out this new thing about Survey Monkey wanting paid upgrade to view additional submissions! So Athena, please let me know who your pick was on day 1 so that I can count you among the players. The more there is the better anyway!

Thanks @WAKATAKE all is fine, really. Yes I submitted on time for day 1 but I didn't see your latest post here before the morning.  Just for history my pick was Churanoumi on day 1. To be really honest I don't want you to give me the win, I won't feel good about it. Let's forget all about that incident. And don't worry, at no point there was an issue whether I would keep on playing or not. You won't get rid of me so easily. :-D
All that being cleared, does this mean that from now on we must submit our picks here? Cause I already submitted my pick for day 2 through the Survey Monkey.

Edited by Athenayama

3 minutes ago, Athenayama said:

Thanks @WAKATAKE all is fine, really. Yes I submitted on time for day 1 but I didn't see your latest post here before the morning.  Just for history my pick was Churanoumi on day 1. To be really honest I don't want you to give me the win, I won't feel good about it. Let's forget all about that incident. And don't worry, at no point there was an issue whether I would keep on playing or not. YOu won't grt rid of me so easily. :-D
All that being cleared, does this mean that from now on we must submit our picks here? Cause I already submitted my pick for day 2 through the Survey Monkey.

I understand, if that is what you wish that I will abide by your decision. Again I apologize for the mistake there 

Yes the link for day 2 is still good, I made sure of that myself. There is still enough room for everyone to submit their picks on the new Survey Monkey link, unless somehow I get an additional 10 people that want to play on day 2 making this a 25 player game...

• Like 1

Day 1 results:

Ikioi - win (wolfgangho)
Shohozan - loss (Tenshinhan)
Ryuko - win (Akogyokuseki, Tameiki)
Ura - win (Benihana, Gaijingai, Fujisan, Achiyama, Gansekiiwa)
Oho - loss (WAKATAKE, Flohru, chishafuwaku, ScreechingOwl)
Kotoyuki - loss (Houmanumi)

A shaky start to the game (not just with the players but the game administration) but somehow we are getting through it. 8 of 14 in the field was successful in their entries (with a 15th player getting their entry missed but waiving the appeal filed on their behalf). We also get to see the return of absent members such as Gansekiiwa and Houmanumi!

Storylines related to streaks from last basho are as follows. Four players had active streaks from November 2020, which were Tameiki (10), WAKATAKE (9), Achiyama (5), Flohru (1). Day 1 of Hatsu 2021 saw WAKATAKE and Flohru see their streaks break and will be starting over on day 2. Tameiki extends his winning streak to 11 now and is in sole 7th place on the top 10 list. Achiyama extends his streak to 6 now.

Active streaks from November 2020
11 - Tameiki
6 - Achiyama

Active streaks for Hatsu 2021
1 - wolfgangho, Akogyokuseki, Tameiki, Benihana, Gaijingai, Fujisan, Achiyama, Gansekiiwa

Day 2 Ikoi

Day 2: Daishomaru

Day 2 submissions:

wolfgangho - Ura
Tenshinhan - Ura
Akogyokuseki - Ura
Benihana - Mitoryu
Gaijingai - Ura
WAKATAKE - Oho
Flohru - Ura
Fujisan - Ikioi
Achiyama - Mitoryu
Tameiki - Ryuko
Houmanumi - Kotoyuki
chishafuwaku - Daiamami
Gansekiiwa - Daishomaru
ScreechingOwl - Oho
Athenayama - Takagenji

Our favorite technique wizard gets top pick for the second day in a row with 5 votes.

19 hours ago, Houmanumi said:

Oh I misunderstood, I thought default one was the 'main pick', so put me down as a Kotoyuki/loss.

So yeah, going forward I'll default with Kotoyuki, if he's out, Tsurugisho, if he's out, Ura -- am I understanding that right?

If you want Kotoyuki as your main pick throughout then that is completely fine, and yes he would default to Tsurugisho then Ura if he has to go kyujo.

@wolfgangho, @Flohru, @Fujisan, @ScreechingOwl please post your 1st, 2nd and 3rd defaults. Wolf has Ikioi for 1st default but that's it. You can post here or use the day 3 link below.

• Like 1

Day 3: Jokoryu

Day 2 results:

Ura - win (wolfgangho, Tenshinhan, Akogyokuseki, Gaijingai, Flohru)
Mitoryu - loss (Benihana, Achiyama)
Oho - loss (WAKATAKE, ScreechingOwl)
Ikioi - loss (Fujisan)
Ryuko - win (Tameiki)
Daiamami - win (chishafuwaku)
Daishomaru - win (Gansekiiwa)
Takagenji - win (Athenayama)

10 of 15 players found success on day 2, with Tameiki also extending his top 10 streak to 12 now. Achiyama loses on day 2, so Tameiki's streak is the last active streak from November.

Active streaks from November
12 - Tameiki

Active streaks for Hatsu 2021
2 - wolfgangho, Akogyokuseki, Gaijingai, Tameiki, Gansekiiwa
1 - Tenshinhan, Flohru, chishafuwaku, Athenayama

Day 3 submissions:

wolfgangho - Ura
Tenshinhan - Ryuko
Akogyokuseki - Oho
Benihana - Daishomaru
Gaijingai - Ryuko
WAKATAKE - Ryuko
Flohru - Ura
Fujisan - Jokoryu
Achiyama - Ura
Tameiki - Daishomaru
Houmanumi - Kotoyuki
chishafuwaku - Daiamami
Gansekiiwa - Jokoryu
ScreechingOwl - Oho
Athenayama - Daiamami

Ura and Ryuko take the pick of the day with 3 votes each

Day 4: Tsurugisho

Day 3 results:

Ura - win (wolfgangho, Flohru, Achiyama)
Ryuko - loss (Tenshinhan, Gaijingai, WAKATAKE)
Oho - win (Akogyokuseki, ScreechingOwl)
Daishomaru - loss (Benihana, Tameiki)
Jokoryu - loss (Fujisan, Gansekiiwa)
Daiamami - loss (chishafuwaku, Athenayama)

Tough day for the field with only five players notching wins for the day, and it was with our three letter warriors. Among those falling was Tameiki, whose streak from November officially ends at 12 and leaves him tied for 4th place on the all time list. wolfgangho and Akogyokuseki now take the lead.

Active streaks for Hatsu 2021:

3 - wolfgangho, Akogyokuseki
2 - Flohru
1 - Achiyama, ScreechingOwl

Day 4 submissions:

wolfgangho - Ura
Tenshinhan - Ura
Akogyokuseki - Ura
Benihana - Daishomaru
Gaijingai - Ura
WAKATAKE - Tsurugisho
Flohru - Ura
Fujisan - Daishomaru
Achiyama - Ura
Tameiki - Daishomaru
Houmanumi - Kotoyuki
chishafuwaku - Takagenji
Gansekiiwa - Tsurugisho
ScreechingOwl - Oho
Athenayama - Ryuko

Ura the wizard of technique is again the top pick of the day with 6 votes this time

@wolfgangho in your previous submission you had Enho and Ishiura in your defaults but they are kyujo. Right now you only have Oho as default. Would you like to add 2nd and 3rd defaults?

Day 5: Nishikigi

Day 4 results:

Ura - win (wolfgangho, Tenshinhan, Akogyokuseki, Gaijingai, Flohru, Achiyama)
Daishomaru - win (Benihana, Fujisan, Tameiki)
Tsurugisho - win (WAKATAKE, Gansekiiwa)
Takagenji - loss (chishafuwaku)
Oho - loss (ScreechingOwl)
Ryuko - loss (Athenayama)

A very successful day for the field, with 11 players wins on the day. Streaks continue as wolfgangho and Akogyokuseki maintain their leads.

Active Streaks Hatsu 2021:

4 - wolfgangho, Akogyokuseki
3 - Flohru
2 - Achiyama
1 - Tenshinhan, Benihana, Gaijingai, WAKATAKE, Daishomaru, Tameiki, Gansekiiwa

Day 5 submissions:

wolfgangho - Ura
Tenshinhan - Ura
Akogyokuseki - Tsurugisho
Benihana - Ura
Gaijingai - Ura
WAKATAKE - Tsurugisho