hakutorizakura

Sekitorihood

OMG I'm in juryo now! (Sakke...)

Usually I use my phone to browse the forum, so I'm normally unaware of ranks and signatures. But today I use my PC (due to the jingle golden balls song :-P) and I realized that I'm now a sekitori. Now to find out how that salary thing, tsukebito and all, work...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Congratulations and well-deserved!  The good news: you never have to worry about getting demoted back to the unpaid ranks; bad news: you never get paid.

The moderators will assist you in choosing your tsukebito from among the Sandanme and Jonidan Forum members.  They will do the grunt work for you: spell-checking posts, posting likes to your hot takes, and generally boosting your notifications.

You'll need to get a kesho-mawashi -- those blue checked boxers won't do.  Also get used to news interviews.  You can use Kintamayama's digests of sekitori interviews to get some pointers, like "pulling is bad ... I need to do forward-thinking posts!" and "I must try not to overthink this, but just let my posts speak for themselves."

I look forward to your continued rise in the ranks.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Thank you for the kind words and guidance @Yamanashi-zeki! I will prepare my acceptance phrase, and wait for the kyokai guys to come the next day and I'll pretend to be surprised. I'll also make sure to get that big red fish from the fish peddler and---wait, I'm confused, this doesn't sound right... Anyways, I shall gambarize and practice my interviews with Kinta-san's outstanding interview videos (I hope he will publish some new ones soon), touchy-eye, lips for talking and all that. (Gathering...)

Sumimasen for the blue checkered eyesore. I'll check out the heya kitchen if they have something else to put on. But no dead rabbits, thanks.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Well recently I realized that I have been promoted to Maegashira. No announcement, no NSK guys or press, nothing. Ah, it must have been shadowed by the intai of Hakuho and Hattorizakura, which is unfortunate, but still I aspire to become like them one day (not gonna tell on what aspects (Sigh...)). To achieve that I will continue to gambarize with my brand of sumo, and heed the guidance of my senpais and the oyakatas. Yoroshiku (Osh...)

*Could someone sponsor me with a decent kesho-mawashi please? I only have blue checkered pants in my wardrobe, dammit..

1 hour ago, hakutorizakura said:

Well recently I realized that I have been promoted to Maegashira. No announcement, no NSK guys or press, nothing. Ah, it must have been shadowed by the intai of Hakuho and Hattorizakura, which is unfortunate, but still I aspire to become like them one day (not gonna tell on what aspects (Sigh...)). To achieve that I will continue to gambarize with my brand of sumo, and heed the guidance of my senpais and the oyakatas. Yoroshiku (Osh...)

*Could someone sponsor me with a decent kesho-mawashi please? I only have blue checkered pants in my wardrobe, dammit..

Normally you would have been assigned some tsukebito, but we're not sure which heya you belong to.  Mine are very helpful with spell-checking and looking up Sumo terms on Wikipedia.  Good news: you won't be relegated back to Juryo for poor-quality posts (based on personal experience).  Bad news: you won't be treated with more awe and respect.  More good news: you won't be treated with more envy and contempt.  You need about 220 more posts to reach sanyaku; good luck!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Yamanashi said:

Normally you would have been assigned some tsukebito, but we're not sure which heya you belong to.  Mine are very helpful with spell-checking and looking up Sumo terms on Wikipedia.  Good news: you won't be relegated back to Juryo for poor-quality posts (based on personal experience).  Bad news: you won't be treated with more awe and respect.  More good news: you won't be treated with more envy and contempt.  You need about 220 more posts to reach sanyaku; good luck!

Thank you senpai (Signofapproval...)

Sounds like I have to go find a heya soon to settle down. Not so fun living under a bridge. Maybe I should go to Araiso? I like karaoke. Or wait a bit for future Magaki-beya? A tsukebito should come in handy for gramatically challenged rikishi like me, especially if I want to go properly for those high-quality pots.