Yamanashi

issues with reactions, quotes

Recommended Posts

Have I accidentally changed a setting on my account?  The only reaction that shows up for me is "Like", and I don't see the Quote button anymore.  Also, I don't get a list of my notifications, just a notte to see all.  I'v erestarted my computer, and reloaded Sumoforum.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Try disabling your ad-blocker. Several times that worked wonders.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for the suggestion.

I use Firefox; I've tried looking for a specific ad-blocker, but most of those features are not changeable.  I've stopped blocking pop-ups, but the results haven't changed.

  The weird thing is that it just started happening yesterday.  I don't know what's changed.  I'd hate to give up my browser, but maybe I can use something else for this website.

If anyone has any other ideas, I'd appreciate hearing them

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, Yamanashi said:

 

I use Firefox;,,,,

Have you tried using Edge, Chrome or IE.  It will give you a clue whether the problem is in your browser or your forum profile. Others have had some luck clearing their browser's cache to eliminate weird forum hangups.

Edited by Asojima

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Yamanashi said:

 

I use Firefox; 

I'm ignorant so my thoughts are probably unhelpful.  I've been on SF for almost 7 years and have never had this problem, never heard of anyone having this problem and I use Mozilla Firefox.  Could there have been an updated version to your browser effective yesterday?  I use an out-of-date version and various sites have threatened to stop supporting my version unless I update it which I haven't done.  Would you object to updating your Firefox browser to the latest version?  Maybe that would help, although it seems that you can only update if your computer meets certain requirements.  Is your computer old like mine is?  Have you contacted the admins?  At the very bottom of the screen, it says "Contact Us".  I would try that.  The admins helped me with a problem (not like yours).  Good luck!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, sumojoann said:

I'm ignorant so my thoughts are probably unhelpful.  I've been on SF for almost 7 years and have never had this problem, never heard of anyone having this problem and I use Mozilla Firefox.  Could there have been an updated version to your browser effective yesterday?  I use an out-of-date version and various sites have threatened to stop supporting my version unless I update it which I haven't done.  Would you object to updating your Firefox browser to the latest version?  Maybe that would help, although it seems that you can only update if your computer meets certain requirements.  Is your computer old like mine is?  Have you contacted the admins?  At the very bottom of the screen, it says "Contact Us".  I would try that.  The admins helped me with a problem (not like yours).  Good luck!

I have the latest version of Firefox.  [Note: currently running SumoForum on Safari!]

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Asojima said:

Have you tried using Edge, Chrome or IE.  It will give you a clue whether the problem is in your browser or your forum profile. Others have had some luck clearing their browser's cache to eliminate weird forum hangups.

Thanks.  I'll try the cache cleanse. I'm currently running SF on Safari, and it's working OK.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Yamanashi said:

Thanks.  I'll try the cache cleanse. I'm currently running SF on Safari, and it's working OK.

@Asojima, clearing the cache seems to have worked.  Thanks!!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now