ChiTownDude

Who Is This Woman?

On 25/09/2021 at 19:18, Kaninoyama said:

I was wondering if there was a Guinness World Record for sitting in seiza. If not, she should establish it. 

If there was a record, it would be measured in days, not hours.

1 hour ago, Gurowake said:

If there was a record, it would be measured in days, not hours.

I have every confidence that however long it is, be it days or hours, she could challenge it. 

11 hours ago, Kaninoyama said:

I have every confidence that however long it is, be it days or hours, she could challenge it. 

Sure, but she wouldn't be allowed to sit for days inside the arena.

4 hours ago, Gurowake said:

Sure, but she wouldn't be allowed to sit for days inside the arena.

They should let her though. 

• Like 3

It's day 1 of the 2021 Kyushu Tournament and the woman who has intrigued many of us is "in da house"!  She is back to the right of centre in the tamariseki section.  Let's see if her attendance in Kyushu is more consistent than it was in September.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Amamaniac said:

It's day 1 of the 2021 Kyushu Tournament and the woman who has intrigued many of us is "in da house"!  She is back to the right of centre in the tamariseki section.  Let's see if her attendance in Kyushu is more consistent than it was in September.

Wow, had no expectation she'd grace us with her presence in Kyushu, as she didn't appear once in Nagoya.

• Like 1

Things are a little different this month.  Compared with July (Nagoya), infection rates seem to have fallen and perhaps fans are feeling more optimistic this month (i.e., November).  Note too that social distancing in the tamariseki section is no longer a priority (further sign of optimism).  PP was looking a little hemmed in by other fans around her.  At least everyone was wearing a mask...

43 minutes ago, Amamaniac said:

Things are a little different this month.  Compared with July (Nagoya), infection rates seem to have fallen and perhaps fans are feeling more optimistic this month (i.e., November).  Note too that social distancing in the tamariseki section is no longer a priority (further sign of optimism).  PP was looking a little hemmed in by other fans around her.  At least everyone was wearing a mask...

I'm quite sure masks are still absolutely mandatory inside the auditorium. I didn't hear anything about attendance restrictions, if any, but they certainly did appear to be crammed in there, which made PP less conspicuous than usual.

Edited by Kaninoyama

11 minutes ago, Kaninoyama said:

I'm quite sure masks are still absolutely mandatory inside the auditorium. I didn't hear anything about attendance restrictions, if any, but they certainly did appear to be crammed in there, which made PP less conspicuous than usual.

NHK reported both on today's broadcast and the preview show that attendance is restricted to about half of the Kokusai Center's capacity.

Edited by themistyseas
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, I am the Yokozuna said:

A strange thread. Really baffled by the continuing reporting on this lady. 

It's like Dos Equis beer. Sooner or later you'll get it. 

• Haha 1

On 14/11/2021 at 10:14, Amamaniac said:

PP was looking a little hemmed in by other fans around her.

It would appear that tickets are available for all the tamariseki in Kyushu.  That is good for the "returning to normal" narrative.  

Upon closer examination, it would appear that there are extra-special seats/spots in the front sections designated by blue zabuton cushions that look a little thicker than the regular dusty mauve ones.  I can't figure out for the life of me how they are arranged, since there doesn't seem to be any regular pattern.  

PP is not in one of the VIP spots.  But interestingly enough, she seems to have access to two spots.  She uses the spot on her left to place her handbag and coat.  I can only assume that she has a ticket for that second spot.  Talk about an expensive coat check!  She should auction off that ticket, and give the no-doubt hefty proceeds to charity!  

At least she is not hemmed in quite as much as previously thought.  

No matter how noble your intentions, it's not aPPropriate to address a lady that way.

In the BS live streams you may be able to watch her walking during the break after Terunofuji's dohyo-iri, as I noticed today on NHK. They showed her leaving and coming back - NHK-G may have news at that time.

25 minutes ago, Akinomaki said:

In the BS live streams you may be able to watch her walking during the break 

So you are saying the tamariseki fairy doesn't fly and hover onto her position? 

Man, am I disappointed.

(I don't understand the fixation people have with her, I hope all the weird attention doesn't turn her into the hikikomori fairy).