ChiTownDude

Who Is This Woman?

1 hour ago, Amamaniac said:

How can tamariseki yosei possibly not be present for one of the most significant sumo bouts in history?  Wild horses couldn't drag me away if I had an inside means of getting ringside seats to that!  I guess we'll find out tomorrow just how serious a sumo fan she is, and just how many doors her father can open for her...

Well see, but whoever's seat she nabbed last Saturday also most likely wants to witness sumo history today. 

6 hours ago, Amamaniac said:

How can tamariseki yosei possibly not be present for one of the most significant sumo bouts in history?

Perhaps that's what Hakuho was so mad about?

• Haha 1

The void in the matrix has been filled.  PP has reassumed her zabuton throne in the tamariseki ... on Day 4!  Wonder what held her back.  If I had her connections, I'd be there every day, no question about that!

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Amamaniac said:

The void in the matrix has been filled.  PP has reassumed her zabuton throne in the tamariseki ... on Day 4!  Wonder what held her back.  If I had her connections, I'd be there every day, no question about that!

It's Day 5, but indeed she is! And in an even more conspicuous spot just right of center of the screen.

Maybe she was kyujo for the first four days with a knee injury that kept her from doing her own seiza sumo?

In any case, balance has been restored to the basho and I'm sure the rikishi will all up their games to please the Posture Princess. 

Edited by Kaninoyama
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

My working theory of what held her back and why she's now in attendance.

The woman is known to be a Takakeisho supporter. For COVID or other reasons she had planned to sit this one out. But then Takakeisho went 0-3 to begin the basho. Enter the woman. She informs Takakeisho she'll be in attendance from the next day and boom--a win. And yesterday, with her watching over him, another win!

Coincidence? I don't think so!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Has anyone checked to make sure she's not a Yokai Onna or something?  I bet those folks can get tickets and stuff whenever they want.

1 hour ago, Yamanashi said:

Has anyone checked to make sure she's not a Yokai Onna or something?  I bet those folks can get tickets and stuff whenever they want.

Her actual nickname in Japanese is 溜席の妖精 (Fairy of the Tamariseki), so close. 

Two straight days of absence after a brief appearance. Maybe her father forgot to pay his Koenkai dues? 

1 hour ago, Kintamayama said:

Great pictures of those ring girls.  What was the in-between stuff about?

• Haha 1

I was trying to determine whether or not she has worn that dress on a previous occasion, and whether she had used that handbag on a previous occasion.  There is a certain amount of pressure on certain women of that class not to be seen wearing the same outfit more than once. Perhaps that is why her attendance record has dropped... ;-)

Just now, Amamaniac said:

I was trying to determine whether or not she has worn that dress on a previous occasion, and whether she had used that handbag on a previous occasion.  There is a certain amount of pressure on certain women of that class not to be seen wearing the same outfit more than once. Perhaps that is why her attendance record has dropped... ;-)

I'm wondering why she's not there everyday, as her seat never seems to be taken while she's not there. It's not like she has to work a 7-Eleven shift during sumo hours.

As for her outfits, her closet must be bigger than most Japanese homes. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Kaninoyama said:

As for her outfits, her closet must be bigger than most Japanese homes. 

Given that she has regular masu seats in the front row, of course it is.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Kaninoyama said:

And she's vanished again....

She's worked her magic. Takakeisho is looking in much better shape to clear kadoban than he did this time last week. And he's up against Takarafuji tomorrow, against whom he has a pretty good record.

• Like 2

Day 5, then Day 10.  If that is any indication of a new pattern, then we might just see PP again on Day 15.  Front row senshuraku: that's what call "a hot ticket".

9 hours ago, Amamaniac said:

Day 5, then Day 10.  If that is any indication of a new pattern, then we might just see PP again on Day 15.  Front row senshuraku: that's what call "a hot ticket".

I liked the old pattern better :-|

6 hours ago, Kaninoyama said:

I liked the old pattern better :-|

About that pattern...

She's back in her spot and it's Day 12.  Not quite the old pattern, but better than I had forecast! ;-)

• Like 1

Could it be that she doesn't like it when it's too crowded around her?

On 24/09/2021 at 20:44, Barutokai said:

Could it be that she doesn't like it when it's too crowded around her?

She was already attending tournaments in the front section before Covid hit.  The crowds helped hide her, in a way.  So I'd say, crowds don't bother her.  

In fact, she only attained the heightened attention she currently has once things thinned out in the tamariseki section, and her presence became more obvious.  I suspect she isn't crazy about her new-found fame.  But from all appearances, she is a true fan of oozumo, and so puts up with it.

• Like 2

I was wondering if there was a Guinness World Record for sitting in seiza. If not, she should establish it.