Asashosakari

Promotion/Demotion and Yusho discussion November 2020

36 minutes ago, Reonito said:

If they do that, it'll be a real challenge to fill the upper maegashira slots, not that that's necessarily a consideration.

Yeah, after I made my initial draft with no extra Komusubi I looked at the upper maegashira and was like "This will have to majorly change if there's more Komusubi".  But it's never "a challenge" - it's pretty typical people get big promotions into the joi.  It's just less frequent now with so few participating Y/O.

Edited by Gurowake

36 minutes ago, Gurowake said:

it's pretty typical people get big promotions into the joi.

True, though I find M5 (8-7) -> M1 more jarring than -> M3.

One thing I noticed that's been missing from this thread has been the ex-sekitori updates. I've been thinking about picking that up on a per-basho basis unless @Asashosakari would like to continue doing those updates here.

3 hours ago, WAKATAKE said:

One thing I noticed that's been missing from this thread has been the ex-sekitori updates. I've been thinking about picking that up on a per-basho basis unless @Asashosakari would like to continue doing those updates here.

Temporarily fallen victim to the same Excel troubles that have delayed my handling of the LKS game. I'm endevouring to get up to speed for the ex-sekitori in time for January again.

• Like 2

I've switched to google sheets. It's a bit on the light side of features but the cloud save and access from any device has been invaluable.

• Like 1